Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying with a tablet
2947 10 2019-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
syd\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33593 ft

I have a Mavic 2 Pro. I normally use a smartphone with the controller, but I would like a larger screen, so a tablet would be ideal.

I have a faulty Galaxy Tab S2. Everything on the tab works fine accept it has no wifi. This is a tablet problem that I am aware of and it cannot be fixed.

I have installed DJI Go4 on the tab but when I enter the app, it requires my login, which is not possible without a network connection. Is there any way I can use the tablet with the controller? I have connected the tab to the controller's USB but nothing is happening until I can get into Go4. I am assuming once I can activate Go4, then it will look the same as on my smartphone.

2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to know if you couldn't use your preferred tablet with your Mavic 2 Pro. Would it be possible if you could confirm to us if you've managed to use a data connection? If the problem would be the wi-fi setting on your mobile device, then you may try to use a data connection to possibly access the internet connection and be able to log-in your account in the DJI Go 4 app. Hope that this would help with your query. Thank you for your support!
2019-10-1
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft

since your USB is working, you can connect it to a Computer, I believe you can share your Internet connection via the USB, so once you are able to connect you just log in. From then on you can use the Go app without wifi.
Here is a link to the procedure, hopefully it works for you. AL the Best!

https://www.dummies.com/consumer-electronics/tablets/android-tablets/how-to-share-your-android-tablets-internet-via-tethering/
2019-10-1
Use props
syd\
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 10-1 09:57
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to know if you couldn't use your preferred tablet with your Mavic 2 Pro. Would it be possible if you could confirm to us if you've managed to use a data connection? If the problem would be the wi-fi setting on your mobile device, then you may try to use a data connection to possibly access the internet connection and be able to log-in your account in the DJI Go 4 app. Hope that this would help with your query. Thank you for your support!

I cannot use data as I do not have the correct Sim card for the tablet. The Sim in my smartphone is smaller than the tablet requires.
2019-10-2
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

syd\@sydh.co.uk Posted at 10-2 14:46
I cannot use data as I do not have the correct Sim card for the tablet. The Sim in my smartphone is smaller than the tablet requires.

You can use SIM card adapter frame,  which is few dollars, that may help to fit your existing SIM into Tablet   
2019-10-2
Use props
syd\
lvl.2

akozc Posted at 10-2 20:31
You can use SIM card adapter frame,  which is few dollars, that may help to fit your existing SIM into Tablet

Thanks. I will do that.
2019-10-3
Use props
syd\
lvl.2

CoollyMcAwesome Posted at 10-1 14:14
since your USB is working, you can connect it to a Computer, I believe you can share your Internet connection via the USB, so once you are able to connect you just log in. From then on you can use the Go app without wifi.

That worked. Thanks.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

syd\@sydh.co.uk Posted at 10-2 14:46

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I'm afraid that the log-in process requires an internet access. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-4
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

look it up: bluetooth tethering
Perhaps that gets you internet, every now and then?
2019-10-5
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft

This is what I learned with using a Galaxy Tab S2 with my Sparkhttps://forum.dji.com/thread-179417-1-1.html

2019-10-8
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

CoollyMcAwesome Posted at 10-1 14:14
since your USB is working, you can connect it to a Computer, I believe you can share your Internet connection via the USB, so once you are able to connect you just log in. From then on you can use the Go app without wifi.

Very useful fix. Thanks.
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules