Notes from S1 Python development.
2543 3 2019-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Second Officer

I am pretty sure the S1 is running a custom Python interpreter that is *WAY* slower than any Python interpreter has the right to be considering the hardware it is running on. Here are some random notes I collected.

- Empty loop runs at 178 FPS.

In other words:

while True:
    pass

This is absurdely slow. This should be several orders of magnitude faster than it is. Note this is the fastest possible loop one can write.

- Just enabling S1 Robot identification (without using it) reduces it to 169 FPS (the interpreter appears to be using some cooperative scheduler to run things).

- Reading the identified robot list, without any robots being identified reduces it further to 143 FPS.

- Reading with one robot identified, 139 FPS (but this might just be noise form the above or the extra cost of reading the data).

- Using the recognition interrupts (they are not callbacks as I though originally), they get called at 5 FPS.

- When as interrupt is called, the caller aborts whatever instruction is being executed and hands it over to the interrupt code. When the interrupt code returns it goes back to the next instruction after the one it was executing.

2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BGA. Thank you for sharing these information with us and thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-30
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

That further adds to the feeling of a rushed release of the S1 in June to synch with the 2019 RoboMaster International Qualifications and the Grand Finals in July-August...
I hope we will soon see an important update to the entire RM S1 programming eco-system, including the documentation.
2019-9-30
Use props
g1107
lvl.3

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 9-30 13:05
That further adds to the feeling of a rushed release of the S1 in June to synch with the 2019 RoboMaster International Qualifications and the Grand Finals in July-August...
I hope we will soon see an important update to the entire RM S1 programming eco-system, including the documentation.

agree!!!
2019-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules