DJI Mimo No Audio when editing in Final Cut Pro
12Next >
12009 41 2019-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_Pro_User
New

Hi DJI,

There is an issue with having no audio when using the Mimo iPhone app when recording (4k60) on an iPhone 11 with the Osmo Mobile 3 and then editing in Final Cut Pro.  While the iPhone and other media playback software (VLC) plays the video back with sound, importing the video into Final Cut Pro leads to missing audio.  The only workaround I found so far is to record videos via the default camera app.
2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who are using the Final Cut Pro in editing there videos. In addition upon checking the mobile device iPhone 11. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device in not yet recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and for the DJI Mimo application as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the iPhone 11 will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-30
Use props
Ariba
New

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max
DJI Device: DJI Osmo Mobile 3

Issue:   When importing video taken with the DJI Mimo application using the DJI Osmo mobile 3 gimbal to final cut pro X, there is no sound.

Please help!
2019-10-1
Use props
riceguns
New

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-30 14:35
Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who are using the Final Cut Pro in editing there videos. In addition upon checking the mobile device iPhone 11. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device in not yet recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and for the DJI Mimo application as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the iPhone 11 will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Is there a way to confirm that the iPhone 11/11 pro support for Osmo Mobile 3 will be coming at some point? If not, is there a place/ticket where I can request the fix directly to someone working at DJI?
2019-10-3
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1

Hello there, I reported about this problem last week!!! Still no solution for this from DJI!!! NO it's not not the new iPhone's incompatibility issue, I have iPhone 8 Plus and 7 both have the same issue with the sound.
   Here is the temporary solution - this via YT - /erKr744mzOI

I hope DJI will solve this quickly, because I paid for the Osmo Mobile 3 not for make my work more complicated.
2019-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

DJ I Posted at 10-4 00:22
Hello there, I reported about this problem last week!!! Still no solution for this from DJI!!! NO it's not not the new iPhone's incompatibility issue, I have iPhone 8 Plus and 7 both have the same issue with the sound.
   Here is the temporary solution - this via YT - /erKr744mzOI

Whats the temporary solution?
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

riceguns Posted at 10-3 22:45
Is there a way to confirm that the iPhone 11/11 pro support for Osmo Mobile 3 will be coming at some point? If not, is there a place/ticket where I can request the fix directly to someone working at DJI?

Hello and good day riceguns. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the iPhone 11 / 11 pro will be added to the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are testing multiple different devices to be added on the said list in the future. For the latest updates with regards to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2019-10-4
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 02:22
Whats the temporary solution?

Type youtu.be        and then after /       erKr744mzOI
2019-10-7
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 15:36
Hello and good day riceguns. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the iPhone 11 / 11 pro will be added to the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are testing multiple different devices to be added on the said list in the future. For the latest updates with regards to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

??? I have already reported this problem, it's not because of the new iPhones - I have the same issue with iPhone 8Plus and iPhone 7, why do ignore this more than 2 weeks now, I even wrote this in this thread and you ignored this?
   The Problem is ether in iOS13 or in your app, that is not supporting iOS 13. And since Apple provided beta versions of iOS to you like for month now, the problem is in your app, that no one seems to care to update.
   And if your R&D would care they would already have a solution, because iOS13 is in beta since months now! Such a disappointment, unprofessional.  
2019-10-7
Use props
DenysS
New

Dear DJI,

I have exactly the same audio issue with my OSMO Mobile 3 and iPhone 11 while uploading to Final Cut Pro X. It could be great deal if you could address this issue as soon as possible or at least provide your customers some information on the workaround or your working progress.
The only way I found is to separate the audio from video in Quicktime and upload it in Final Cut separately, which is not in any case should be considerate as the definition solution.

Regards

Denys
2019-10-10
Use props
DenysS
New

The only way I found is to separate the audio from video in Quicktime and upload it in Final Cut separately, which is not in any case should be considerate as the definition solution.
2019-10-10
Use props
DenysS
New

The only way I found is to separate the audio from video in Quicktime and upload it in Final Cut separately, which is not in any case should be considerate as the definition solution.Denys
2019-10-10
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1

DenysS Posted at 10-10 13:26
Dear DJI,

I have exactly the same audio issue with my OSMO Mobile 3 and iPhone 11 while uploading to Final Cut Pro X. It could be great deal if you could address this issue as soon as possible or at least provide your customers some information on the workaround or your working progress.

The product is out, money is made, no one cares about supporting the existing product. The latest firmware update made things even worse. Before update you could save the video through QuickTime and it magically became sound in FinalCut, now even this isn't work.
I would glad to return this sh... back. 3 weeks no reaction from DJI, no solutions, that what I call service))
2019-10-11
Use props
SonjiRe
New

Hello, i have the same Problem with my iPhone 8 plus. When i use the clips from the Mimo App, Final Cut Pro X doesn't not support the Audio from the Videofiles.
I tried everything, but i does not work.
My Workaround is to export the Files out of the Fotos app, but this is no solution with less iCloud space.
Please fix the Problem. Thanks.
2019-10-13
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1
Germany

SonjiRe Posted at 10-13 04:53
Hello, i have the same Problem with my iPhone 8 plus. When i use the clips from the Mimo App, Final Cut Pro X doesn't not support the Audio from the Videofiles.
I tried everything, but i does not work.
My Workaround is to export the Files out of the Fotos app, but this is no solution with less iCloud space.

Still no reply from DJI=))) It is sad to say, but I was right - no one from DJI gives a f f that we have issues with their new product. They know about this issue since more than a month now and do nothing about this.
2019-10-18
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 15:36
Hello and good day riceguns. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the iPhone 11 / 11 pro will be added to the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are testing multiple different devices to be added on the said list in the future. For the latest updates with regards to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Hi, did R&D Team realized, that the problem is not in iPhone 11 or in iPhone in general and that all the other models have the same issue, described in this topic?
And would they please take some actions, because they know about this problem since 5 weeks now.
2019-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DJ I. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these additional information with us. Rest assured that these information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you.
2019-10-19
Use props
fans4b7d20b8
New

Philippines

I have a XS MAX and this still seems to be an issue for me, care to help?
2019-10-19
Use props
fans4b7d20b8
New

Philippines

I have a XS Max and still have the same issue... after purchasing the gimbal you’d expect the audio to work when you transport your file to FCPX? I don’t understand how you could miss that out?
2019-10-19
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1
Germany

fans4b7d20b8 Posted at 10-19 19:10
I have a XS Max and still have the same issue... after purchasing the gimbal you’d expect the audio to work when you transport your file to FCPX? I don’t understand how you could miss that out?

Thank you for your patience and hope, but the issue was originally reported over 5 weeks ago. So the thing is
1. To complex, because it involves new Catalina OS (which is open to test for several month now) and that's why DJI is struggling to solve this and doesn't bother to invest more in the solution.
2. DJI is genuinely doesn't care, because I can't believe that no one from DJI had a chance to test it during beta phase of Catalina.
3. The problem is on the Mac OS site and DJI can't change this, that because they do nothing and hope, that the folks forget about this issue.

Either way it's is a shame for such a company like DJI to bring a new product with such a basic issue.   
2019-10-21
Use props
slugwurth
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue using footing shot with an iPhone 11 in the DJI app, and importing to iMovie. All of this should support the HEVC video. But there is no audio when I bring it in. What I've had to do is open the video in Quicktime and save it as a new file. This is annoying, and has only happened since I switched from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 11 and updated the DJI app. And do you know why I got a new phone? Because the iPhone 6 wasn't officially supported by the Osmo Mobile 3.
2019-10-23
Use props
DJ I
lvl.1
Germany

slugwurth Posted at 10-23 07:39
I'm having the same issue using footing shot with an iPhone 11 in the DJI app, and importing to iMovie. All of this should support the HEVC video. But there is no audio when I bring it in. What I've had to do is open the video in Quicktime and save it as a new file. This is annoying, and has only happened since I switched from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 11 and updated the DJI app. And do you know why I got a new phone? Because the iPhone 6 wasn't officially supported by the Osmo Mobile 3.

There is no such thing like "support" if you bought DJI product, in particular the all new Osmo Mobile 3. Read this topic - one of the dji minions commented 10 days ago - still no solution.

But in total this case is well known to DJI since 7 weeks now. Anyone who believes, there will be an update of this problem is too naive. Try to get your money back, return the product, instead of waiting for nothing here.

DJI wan't do sh.., unless it costs them more to return your money as to pay for the solution.
2019-10-29
Use props
김무형
New

Philippines

If you check apple's web site? You will know some one report to apple three years ago. During the three years?  Nothing changed at all.
2019-11-5
Use props
Scott Strachan
New

United States

Seriously, I’m having the same issue. No audio with a product you are selling for video. Can’t this be fixed? I don’t want to return my product. What is the timeline for a solution?
2019-11-5
Use props
rd8878
New

United States

What I did was simply to change .mp4 to .mov, then the sound shows up in FCPX
2019-11-6
Use props
DrRene
New
United States

rd8878 Posted at 11-6 17:58

^^^^THIS worked for me on iMovie!!! Thank you!!!
2019-11-7
Use props
fans5e6b6921
New

Argentina

rd8878 Posted at 11-6 17:58

It worked for me too, but such a horrible bug.... It only happen in 4K 60 FPS?
2019-11-22
Use props
폭풍간지김무쓰
New

Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-30 14:35

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf
All i pones have same issue.
2019-11-22
Use props
폭풍간지김무쓰
New

Philippines

fans5e6b6921 Posted at 11-22 08:56
It worked for me too, but such a horrible bug.... It only happen in 4K 60 FPS?

Nop. It doesn't matter with video quality.
2019-11-22
Use props
scott from cali
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the exact same issue. I can get audio from video (from Mimo) app...but the audio sync is noticeably off.
2019-12-15
Use props
Joe Kim
lvl.1

United States

I am using iphone xs max and have the same problem. When can you solve this problem?
2019-12-30
Use props
Joe Kim
lvl.1

United States

I am using iphone xs max and have the same problem. Only Final Cut Pro does not play audio. In QuickTime Play, the audio is played. When can you solve this problem?
2019-12-30
Use props
lijojacob
New

United States

Renaming all .mp4 files to .mov and importing them works.
2020-1-1
Use props
kalomidi.gmail
lvl.1
Poland

After changing the file name, we only have 1 MONO channel. So that doesn't solve the problem either
2020-1-12
Use props
MrHyde200
New
United States

I renamed the file extensions from MP4 to MOV using Adobe Bridge - Tools - Batch Rename and choosing "New Extension" under New Filenames  . The sound was now working in FCP X.
2020-1-12
Use props
kalomidi.gmail
lvl.1
Poland

yes but after changing fcpx it reads them in 1 mono chanel
2020-1-13
Use props
TomPetzPhoto
lvl.1
United States

WTH DJI! I shot an entire day of footage for a job and this is still a problem months after the release of mimo? This is not acceptable to ignore your customers. Apple users tend to edit with Final cut and many of us who make our living on YouTube require that our tools work. DJI, your tools aren't working! PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM BEFORE YOU COST ME MORE MONEY!
2020-1-26
Use props
Maolea
New
France

Hello, I was faced with this problem last week. While browsing the internet I came across this post. I am amazed and completely disappointed because I watched a lot of tests on the internet of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, I thought it would be perfect for my new iPhone 11 Pro but it is nothing.
How can such a penalizing bug still be present months after the first customer feedback on this same post? This bug also penalizing editing software widely used in the Apple world like FCPX, for a device whose primary function is to take video and sound is nonsense. I deeply regret not having discovered this post before my purchase because given the delay of reaction unstoppable of DJI I am afraid that no solution is undertaken.

Obviously, changing the file extension does not help since the sound is only recognized in Mono. Separate import of soundtrack eliminates the convenience of using Osmo Mobile 3

React quickly DJI !!!!
2020-1-28
Use props
fans53a091d9
New

Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-30 14:35

Hi, I’m using an iPhone X and it’s giving me the same problem. Had to edit on Premiere Pro.
2020-1-30
Use props
mrcoady
New

United States

This is truly infuriating. How has DJI not addressed this? It's been a problem since October.  IT'S BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE OCTOBER. It'S bEeN a PrObLeM sInCe OcToBeR!!!!??? What is going on? Just bought the Osmo Mobile 3 and thought I was stepping up from my old Osmo Mobile 2. Now I'm going to have to return the new one for a refund. I've been working on this problem all day. Can't believe this. I lost a lot of respect for DJI today.
2020-2-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules