Nikon Z6 and Ronin SC Timelapse question
1611 5 2019-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gremlin17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2354931 ft
  • >>>

Ok, I have finally conquered the balancing problem, and i can even get the phone mounted on top (after many hours of trying).

My question is this;

When shooting a timelapse, I can either use the Ronin app and it will take hundreds of stills whilst it moves through a preset pattern.

However, the camera is capable of creating its own timelapse movies straight out of the camera.

Is there a way to get the Ronin SC to move in a pre programmed pattern without controlling the camera so i can use this built in video feature of the Z6?

Many thanks.
2019-9-30
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3

Just don't plug the camera into the gimbal
2019-9-30
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>

dantastic Posted at 9-30 16:18
Just don't plug the camera into the gimbal

That might work for real short sequences with limited movement but you'll end up out of sync sooner than later unless your shutter speed is high enough to freeze the movement during those times when motion and exposure cross over each other...

Burn some electrons and test it under a few different scenarios...
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

I think that is not what you want, because you will get a (little) bit of blur since the gimbal won't stop on capture.
2019-9-30
Use props
Gremlin17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2354931 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for your replies this far.
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_HeBWKubNrglP
New

I think Nikon correctly looked at the market and the tasks and features that a professional mirror-less full frame should have and they made the gear.  This is a major commitment to a whole new system. And it is a light weight pro camera system. When all of the Z lenses are released, years from now, they will keep upgrading the bodies,. They will carry a dual line of DSLR’s and Mirror-less for at least ten more year. They will weed out certain lines in mirrored cameras as the market develops.
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules