Mavic Pro 2 auto landed into the lake
2445 5 2019-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagevain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7221 ft

Someone please help me figured out what went wrong with my drone. I was flying it by the lake when I started getting messages to return home due to the battery running low. I began to fly the drone back home when all of a sudden, the signal disconnected and I had to fly blind. I figured since the drone was flying down the path to home, it would continue to fly in that direction. However, the drone auto landed into water, at least that's where it looks like it ended up after using find my drone. Can someone please help me out with this. I've never had this issue before and found it extremely odd that drone would land where it did when it still had some battery power left and was nearly at the homepoint. Please help. Here's the link to the flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/A6H37ZPO5HAS5O9FREY7/

2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi imagevain, we are so sorry for what happened, hope other Forum customers could give you some advice, at the same time, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis if the drone is still under warranty, our team will help figure out what happened and provide the resolution accordingly.
2019-9-30
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

sorry about your experience , hope it can be recovered by carefree warranty.

I am not an expert,  please do not fully take in to account my advise too seriously.
before your flight it gave you a warning about altitude restriction (150m -490ft ) I can see from your flight log at some  stage your drone was very close to this altitude limit zone.
DJI drone will automatically land (doesn't matter water , land) if the drone enter to the altitude limit zone
boundry of the no flight or altitute limited zones  is not a vertical line but imaginary reverse truncated conical shape ( like V shape) if your drone come too close or enter any part of this imaginary line it will force to land.
I am guessing your drone down because of this  reason. Of course if you flew before at same point / same condition ( altitude ) and nothing happed then you can ignore it this option.
2019-10-3
Use props
TTP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3002054 ft

Sorry for your lost drone, my analyze of available data:

After 12min 9.3sec flying time,
at 26% battery you get a warning.
The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.
You are at 470feet altitude, 2250 feet Home Distance, and zero speed.

After 12min 46.4 sec flying time,
at 23% battery.
You are at 486feet altitude 2512feet Home Distance

Not returning home!

After 14min 35.7sec flying time,
At 16% battery.
You are at 384feet altitude 2001feet Hom2 Distance.

You are returning home!

After 15min 12.5sec flying time,
at 13% battery you get a warning.
Critically Low Power. Aircraft Landing
You are at 397feet altitude, 1938 feet Home Distance, and zero speed.

After 16min 39.9sec flying time,
at 8% batteryou get a warning.
Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block.
You are at –5.6feet altitude, 351 feet Home Distance, and 13.7mph speed.

??In the vater??

2019-10-4
Use props
TTP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3002054 ft

To put the figures I verbal form.

I recognize your scenario, because I working on a strategy for flying over water but I am testing the theory on dry land first.

My assumption is that, you are distracted by something and:

You missing the warning
The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.
You just carry on flying.

“Here is the point when you should press the RHP-button, because than the drone fly home at a caluceted speed for reaching RHP safe.”

If you try to fly home bay your self, at an insufficient speed, then

You come to the point of no return
Aircraft Landing Critically Low Power

An down you go, and you can not do anyting, loost drone.

2019-10-4
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>

Aside from the help answers above; the Drone will always start landing at 10% in any event. A good point to remember for those whom choose to reduce their warning from the standard 30% battery remaining.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules