360 panoramic issues
784 9 2019-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft

Sorry if this has been covered as I searched and did not find anything. When stitching 360 pano images on ICE, I have a lot of pictures missing. Might it be a software issue or possibly my Mavic Pro is missing shots when taking pictures? Any info is appreciated or a link to threads discussing such an issue.

2019-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Have you checked how many files you have and that they are sequentially numbered without gaps?
2019-10-2
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 05:37
Have you checked how many files you have and that they are sequentially numbered without gaps?

Yes. They are all there. It has gray areas where it seems to have not picked up the image or maybe the software is not getting it all? Any recommendations on other software to try?
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could isolate this matter if this would be a Mavic 2 Pro or software problem by checking the original Panorama photo in the SD card. The Panoramas file is stored in the aircraft or the DCIM folder of the SD card, and the file can also be viewed in the app playback interface. The storage path of the original footage is as follows below. Hope that this information would clarify your query.

Panoramas footage: DCIM folder - PANORAMA folder
2019-10-2
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 10-2 13:59
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could isolate this matter if this would be a Mavic 2 Pro or software problem by checking the original Panorama photo in the SD card. The Panoramas file is stored in the aircraft or the DCIM folder of the SD card, and the file can also be viewed in the app playback interface. The storage path of the original footage is as follows below. Hope that this information would clarify your query.

Panoramas footage: DCIM folder - PANORAMA folder

I will check that tonight. Thanks for the information.
2019-10-2
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3

So the pictures seem fine. Any suggestions on a better stitching program? It is not the first time I have had the issue with it
2019-10-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Use Lightroom to stitch

Give me your photos and I will stitch them for you.
2019-10-2
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>

There are two aspects to consider:
1. When taking pictures with the drone, make sure the wind doesn't blow too hard
2. What you photograph to have an easily recognizable pattern. If you photograph water, grass or anything else that looks the same in a few pictures, sticking them will not succeed because of the lack of connection points.
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 10-2 18:49
I will check that tonight. Thanks for the information.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, we don't have third-party software that we could recommend that you may use for stitching. Please let us know if you have further concern. Thank you for understanding.
2019-10-4
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3

Balaes Posted at 10-2 23:45
There are two aspects to consider:
1. When taking pictures with the drone, make sure the wind doesn't blow too hard
2. What you photograph to have an easily recognizable pattern. If you photograph water, grass or anything else that looks the same in a few pictures, sticking them will not succeed because of the lack of connection points.

Thanks for the reply. I am usually doing water shots so perhaps that is part of the issue.
2019-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules