Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Collioure, South of France.
1902 25 2015-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grimtheviking
First Officer
Flight distance : 11473780 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2015-6-10
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

You aware that kind of video is illegal in France right?
2015-6-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What kind of video ????
2015-6-10
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

You're not allowed to take any kind of footage in a public area.
2015-6-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Public area" where do's it state that in French UAV regulations?
2015-6-10
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/af ... EGITEXT000006074234

Just saying, but you flew above the french commando training center.
2015-6-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is an old regulation,, and do's not state public area's, only listed sensitive area's.
2015-6-10
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

Ok whatever...

i'm a professional pilot as I validated my license two months ago and i perfectly know the laws in my own country. .
This kind of videos are part of the s3 scenario and require authorizations from the French authorities, a flight plan, a DGAC approved parachute and insurance.

But thanks for teaching me.
2015-6-10
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

Sorry if i offended you, i didn't want to do so.
English isn't my first language and it's a bit tricky for me to say exactly what i want to. My only point was to warn you about these flights because the french police now apply a zero tolerance policy since some pilots were arrested after flying over Paris or nuclear plant..
And if i talked about me being a professional it's because regulations are still fresh in my memory.  i'm very glad that you're an experienced pilot but the fact is that you're wrong about these regulations.
Please, take this as a friendly advice.

http://www.drones-lab.com/a-prop ... vol-s1-s2-s3-s4.php
2015-6-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apologies not needed,
I have removed the video, in the case of offending anyone.
2015-6-11
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I am going through France on my way to Norway in a couple of weeks in my Autocaravan.
The Inspire is of course with me - can I not film at all in public areas in France ?
2015-6-11
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

http://www.developpement-durable ... oisir-aeromodelisme
2015-6-11
Use props
druefenacht.gmx
lvl.1

Switzerland

Prax Posted at 2015-6-11 18:52
Sorry if i offended you, i didn't want to do so.
English isn't my first language and it's a bit tri ...

Hello Prax
I have forseen this month to spent 1 Week in south of France and would like to make some pictures from a collegs house. Its a small pension in a country environment.
Do you think I got problems with Police?
Unfortunately  Im am not able to understand the text Message at the links you posted.
Thanks for an answer.
Daniel
2015-6-11
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

Hi Daniel,

As long as you make your pictures in a private property it's ok.
2015-6-11
Use props
druefenacht.gmx
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dear Prax
Many thanks for your positive answer
Daniel
2015-6-11
Use props
talk2t_c
Second Officer

France

I fly my bird all over (France) according to best practices and never had any problems.  As far as I am aware and I've read plenty of the information - It's just the same as flying in say the UK or USA.  The French do tend to exaggerate a bit though and they 'talk' a good job.  Here's an extract from some info from the studiosport site and translated online:

It seems important to remind our customers a few  rules concerning drones.
These few lines are not designed to be exhaustive, so regulation is complex on the subject.
It was confirmed that this regulation should be furnished flat current 2014. In the meantime, here are a few rules and tracks to follow, in order to take full advantage of your drone:

The use of a "UAV aircraft", commonly called "drone" is framed by a number of legal requirements, but also common sense!
•About the  legal requirements, they vary according to the context of use. You can find more complete information on many official sites (DGAC especially, but also on  one of the official sites).  It should be noted in the first place than a non-drone equipped with camera and less than 25kg does not need approval (and its pilot is exempted from any patent). This type of drone is "authorized to fly another condition relating to their ability to fly and another unconditionally required of people who use" by remaining at the sight of the driver in a place cleared and not populated.  Here are concepts to bear in mind whenever a drone is equipped with a camera (non exhaustive list):  •As soon as a drone is equipped with a camera, it returned under the legislation requiring the approval of the drone by the DGAC.
•The criteria for whether or not you go in these obligations are many: Professional or particular, weight of the apparatus, flight scenarios...
•Regarding the driver, that ci should, where appropriate, have a theoretical fitness certificate (PPL, glider, FCL, ULM, etc.) and a statement by skill level (DNC).

•About the  security conditions: it is imperative to steal in optimal conditions of security, namely:  •Fly within a reasonable distance of the driver, while remaining well obviously in sight.
•Do not fly over a populated area.
•Be aware of the danger that can represent a drone in flight (on part weight in case of fall) and ground (especially because of its propellers).

•About the  the privacy: it is imperative to obtain authorizations to persons and places filmed with a drone!

Case of the drones of leisure:
The DGAC, in various press releases, evokes the case of drones of leisure: the use by an individual of his drone under optimum conditions of safety (away from any person, property, animal, route...) and respect for privacy, is entirely possible. We encourage you to read  this interview with a manager of the DGAC by Fred de Helicomicro. Note that videos produced by the drone should not be used on a commercial basis.

We also recommend that you download the record of 'good usage of drones of leisure' by the DGAC in conjunction with the CNIL, the professional federation of the civilian drone and the French federation of aeromodelling:  download the manual of the DGAC

What are the areas regulated in France?
As you know, the use of airspace by the drones is regulated in France: the drones and aircraft evolve in general air traffic and must conform to the rules of the air and the provisions which lay down the conditions of insertion in the airspace. An eCard of airspace for drones and aircraft is available in free access on  http://www.aip-drones.fr/carte/.
This mapping assistance and this AIP media - Drones.fr to understand the regulatory requirements. The insertion of the drones in the air space is a very important topic, it appears necessary that all actors of the aeromodelling are aware of security.
This cartographic eCard for the preparation of flight including the visualization of annexes I and II to the order NOR DEVA1207595A of 11/04/12.

Map of space air drones:

Carte espace aérien drones
  
Once all these instructions met, you can fully enjoy this amazing tool that is a drone! We wish you good flights!

studioSPORT invite you to read the excellent article from  blog Helicomicro  will allow you to more easily understand the different pieces of legislation.

I didn't see the video - so don't know exactly what was wrong with it.  Would like to though.
2015-6-12
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

Again, here's a link from the ministry that is in charge of uavs régulation: http://www.developpement-durable ... oisir-aeromodelisme

Do what you want talk2t, but not being caught doesn't mean it's allowed.
2015-6-12
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

talk2t_c Posted at 2015-6-13 00:40
I fly my bird all over (France) according to best practices and never had any problems.  As far as I ...

Just out of curiosity are these French documents available in English ?
2015-6-12
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

i just found this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... irspace_by_RPAs.pdf
2015-6-12
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prax your comments on this post have been taken on-board,,
But as a frequent visitor to France I would like to get this information confirmed, one way or another,
I have and did before visiting this last trip (first trip with I1) check the internet for what UAV regulations were/are in force at this time in France,
which included your links.

Here is a google translation of your link.. http://www.developpement-durable ... oisir-aeromodelisme

Civilian drones: Leisure? model airplanes? professional activity?
April 30, 2014 (updated January 22, 2015) - TRANSPORT

To support the growth safely civilian drones in the hexagon, the DGAC has developed a flexible regulatory framework which leaves room for future developments in this sector.

The main issue of the regulation of unmanned aircraft carrying one on board (commonly known as drones, a term which however does not appear in the regulation) is to ensure the safety of other users of the airspace and flown over populations.

Two texts of 11 April 2012 defining the rules for the use of drones:

a decree on the conditions for inclusion in the airspace
an order for the design, conditions of use and capabilities required for unmanned.
Leisure or professional UAV Drone, between model aircraft and particular activity
These two texts distinguish two populations in function, not the machines themselves, but the use that is made of:

- Where such use is limited to leisure and competition, we speak of model aircraft, range in which the drones purchased in high-tech toys rays and used for pleasure or competition join the types of known and regulated aircraft since decades;

- For other uses, we speak of specific activities in a professional context, and specific provisions have been developed.

The conditions of insertion in the airspace
For model airplanes as for passenger operations, access to airspace is open below 150m (in derogation of the usual rules of the air, that force other civil aircraft flying above this height except authorizations special). Only flights for are allowed for model aircraft.
Attention below 150 m but:

outside settlements and gatherings of people or animals;
outside areas near airfields;
and outside specifically regulated airspace contained on aeronautical charts.
The overview of agglomerations or assembly of persons is only possible under a prefectural authorization issued after consultation with the Department of Defense and the Regional Directorate of Civil Aviation.
Activities nearby aerodromes in regulated areas, or above 150m require to contact the staff of the Regional Directorate of Civil Aviation. Their authorization will be subject to frequent the establishment of a protocol with the leaders of the aerodrome or airspace area concerned. It is in this context that particular model aircraft activities can find space on general aviation airfields.

The Unmanned a drone is responsible for damage caused by the evolution of the aircraft or objects that are detached individuals and surface property (Article L.61613-2 code transport).
If the implementation of the drone was made ​​in violation of safety rules, the penal provisions of the Transportation Code apply: maximum penalty of one year imprisonment and 75,000 euros fine (Article L.6232-4 code of transport).

Rules applicable to machines, their implementation and the skills of their unmanned
The "drone" regulation does not introduce new for model aircraft for which there are few specific requirements when the mass is less than 25 kg, a demonstration flight being demanded otherwise.
For specific activities , which are neither the time nor from competition, regulation identifies class machine based on the mass, and four types of use scenarios (for the driver or not, to a greater or lesser distance, extra-urban and rallies or not), for which limits on the masses of the machines are fixed, skills are defined for the TV pilot, and a bond is made ​​to the operator described in a handbook of activities for the measures it takes ensure the security of goods and people on the ground and other aircraft. The cases out scenarios may be subject to authorization following the demonstration of compliance with specific safety requirements laid down by the authority based on the characteristics of the operation.

Drone and onboard camera: the protection of privacy

Once a drone is equipped with a camera, a mobile camera, a sound sensor or a geolocation device, it can potentially undermining privacy, capturing and dissemination of personal data .

The aerial photography is regulated by Article D133-10 of the Code of Civil Aviation. In compliance with its provisions, it is possible to shoot images with a model aircraft, as part of leisure or competition but limited to private purposes excluding commercial or professional commercial use. The other cases of shots must be dealt with under particular activities.

Article L226-1 of the Penal Code provides for punishment of imprisonment one year and 45 000 euros fine does, by any method, deliberately undermining the privacy of another's privacy :

By capturing, recording or transmitting, without the consent of their author, the words spoken in a private or confidential;
By fixing, recording or transmitting, without the consent of the latter, the image of a person in a private place.
Professionals: perform particular activities and experiments with a drone
Find four operational scenarios defined by the categories of UAVs.
For more information: Steps to perform specific activities and experiments with a drone (unmanned aircraft)

See as well

More information on aircraft airworthiness in section Drones

and this is a Microsoft Word translation of the leaflet they are showing on that same link,,

Ensure the safety of persons and the other aircraft is your responsibility
I flies not over people I always steal my drone at a height of less than 150 m
I never lose my drone from view
I do not use my drone over the public space in built-up areas
I do not use my drone near the airfields
I overflies not sensitive sites
I don't use my drone the night
I respects the privacy other
I do not broadcast my shots without the agreement of the persons concerned and I am not a commercial use
in case of doubt, I fills me 10 principles to fly in accordance with the law
the use of a drone in operating conditions not comply with the rules laid down to ensure security is liable to
one year imprisonment and a 75,000 euro fine under article L.6232 - 4 of the code for transportation regs.

Translate these translations as you will,
But I translate them as saying as in the UK and as mentioned by talk2t, when not flying for professional/commercial gains
fly responsibly and safe, don't fly above people, don't fly over built up public area's or sensitive sites, fly within LOS, max height 150m, not near airports.

As for footage, Do not broadcast without consent from persons filmed, "which I assume as close ups, which there is none".

Going on all of this, I cannot see a problem with my footage other than the 8 gram polarized filter I was using was maybe a bit too heavy for the Inspire, lol..
And what you said, that I was flying over (or close to and unknowingly)  a French commando training area..
2015-6-12
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

talk2t_c Posted at 2015-6-13 00:40
I fly my bird all over (France) according to best practices and never had any problems.  As far as I ...

talk2t, I have uploaded my video again for comments please view.

Regards
Mike.
2015-6-12
Use props
Prax
lvl.3

France

Ok i'm out, do what ever you want.
Like i said i'm new FRENCH profesionnal, i've learned all i have to know about FRENCH regulation because i had to, I validated my FRENCH licenses and so on...
Just for your information: 1 year in jail, 45 000€ fine, seizure of your drone.
2015-6-12
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prax my friend, no need to spit your dummy out,,

Like I have said, I take your comments on-board and I am hoping other people will add there comments and experience with flying the I1 in France,
and hopefully the information gathered will benefit the community as a whole.

Sorry if I offended, it was not my intention.

Regards
Mike.
2015-6-12
Use props
talk2t_c
Second Officer

France

Prax Posted at 2015-6-13 05:04
Ok i'm out, do what ever you want.
Like i said i'm new FRENCH profesionnal, i've learned all i have ...

Geez Prax lighten up.  The rules about flying are universal all the stuff in that last file seems to be about flying around airfields and sensitive areas - nobody is going to do that except you maybe in your line of work.  I know what you're saying about the fines and possible prison, but nobody is going to do that kind of flying without the proper permits.
2015-6-12
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know what you're saying about the fines and possible prison, but nobody is going to do that kind of flying without the proper permits.

Like this one,, Brilliant footage tho it ma be..
2015-6-12
Use props
talk2t_c
Second Officer

France

Grimtheviking Posted at 2015-6-13 06:12
I know what you're saying about the fines and possible prison, but nobody is going to do th ...

Aye there are some bad boys out there
and this one is pushing it.

2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules