Getting to Know Osmo Action: Tips?
676 5 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

I have a bit of lousy footage and I'm looking for tips.

I was shooting in deep shade and had RS turned on.

Perhaps I had too slow a shutter speed and should have bumped up the ISO so I could use a faster shutter? I have a set of Freewell filters, thanks, Ken Heron and Kelly Green, but haven't started learning to use them yet.

http://tentoes.me/2019/ivy.mp4

I edited out the sound. Though I was barefoot, it sounds like I was goose stepping in hobnail boots. You could also hear my breating and vocal stimming. There's a reason I usually don't put sound in my videos!
2019-10-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Poison Ivy - the gravel would rip apart my bare feet.

I think pointing it directly down is not a good idea.  I am not sure but don't think the Rock Steady can actually accommodate the motion when focusing that close.  Someone posted a video where their dashboard was jumpy but the road in front was reasonably stable.

As far as audio - I've tended to remove tracks that have a bit too much of my ragged breathing while hiking and substituting music.  But then grabbing the sound of a babbling brook can be soothing.  Yesterday the Action managed to catch my Samsung Watch telling me I had hit 3 miles, my pulse and estimated overall time!!!!  I found it amusing but probably won't post that video anyway.
2019-10-2
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer

ff22 Posted at 10-2 09:26
Poison Ivy - the gravel would rip apart my bare feet.

I think pointing it directly down is not a good idea.  I am not sure but don't think the Rock Steady can actually accommodate the motion when focusing that close.  Someone posted a video where their dashboard was jumpy but the road in front was reasonably stable.

I have a LOT of video I won't post.

I'm thinking for "walking down the path" video, I might as well fly my spark ahead of me.
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the recommendation that you may need with regard to this scenario. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-2
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>

I get the same jittery video when I use the OA and manually control the shutter speed. I believe it is because Rock Steady relies on adjusting the shutter speed to achieve stabilization. When we are recording in manual with a constant shutter speed it affects Rock Steady.
2019-10-3
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer

hehe

This morning there was some interesting cloud activity, but the camera was stubbornly in slow motion mode. By the time I figured that out, press the side button, the clouds had moved on.
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules