Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UPS Cleared To Use Drones
3209 7 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=24277

I'm wondering if individuals can acquire the Part 135 or is it limited to industry/government entities.  I'm waiting for a response from the FAA on this.
2019-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Yeah, I heard about it on national radio here in NL
2019-10-3
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 10-3 11:53
Yeah, I heard about it on national radio here in NL

I contacted the FAA agent listed in the site/article regarding this.  I got some generic response.  Even though they have info on this, I usually like to get better details from actually engaging with a person.  I take it that anyone can get a Part 135.  I'll do some more research on it.
2019-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-4 04:26
I contacted the FAA agent listed in the site/article regarding this.  I got some generic response.  Even though they have info on this, I usually like to get better details from actually engaging with a person.  I take it that anyone can get a Part 135.  I'll do some more research on it.

Yeah, might be better indeed!
2019-10-4
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Captain
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

Will that along with Amazon etc mean more nfzone's. All those drones buzzing all over the place, they are def going to have to have a lot better spacial awareness and radar. Ban them all now apart from mine.
2019-10-4
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 10-4 07:47
Will that along with Amazon etc mean more nfzone's. All those drones buzzing all over the place, they are def going to have to have a lot better spacial awareness and radar. Ban them all now apart from mine.

This is exactly what I, and others, have predicted.  The regulations are leaning more in favor of corporate/public entities sUAS operations.  Hobbyists can apply for LAANC clearances, but that reportedly can take up to 45 days (don't know if it will actually take that long).
The Part 135, seems like it will be more than likely tied to corporate/government(local and federal) entities, which seem to be favored in using air space for sUAS.  Part 107 holders are more independent for any commercial work, so I'm not sure where that would leave them (the independent holders).
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for posting interesting thread with regard to this matter. We're sure that our forum members would provide their insight in this scenario. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-5
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer

Okay, I just talked with my local FAA about the Part 135.  An individual can get one.  What I was told, it's more stringent than the Part 107, as it deals with operating aircraft, as a sort of delivery service, so naturally, more area is covered under what types of operations are involved.
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules