Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic pro platinum fall in the sea
12Next >
3226 49 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146808 ft

hello, i’ve some question about my last flight with my mavic pro platinum. I was on a stopped boat when i decided to take off with the drone. about 10 seconds after the taking off the drone felt in the sea without any tips or warning. The drone felt in the sea and i cannot recover it because it sink into the sea. it doesn’t crash with something or with some birds. i’ve sent my logs to the support but i haven’t understood what happens with my drone that now i haven’t.
thanks for the answers
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to read the accident. I managed to get your case number via the forum information. Upon checking the data analysis result, there was a speed of 3.6 m/s before the aircraft took off, which indicated that the aircraft launched from a moving object, you can check this in the flight records as the horizontal speed is 3.6m/s when started the motor by CSC.
As you mentioned, the drone was taking off from a boat, which requires high flying skills in considering the interference and moving platform. Also, the vision positioning system may not work well when flying over moving surfaces and objects. You may find it in the safety guidelines: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170809/Mavic+Pro+Disclaimer+and+Safety+Guidelines-EN.pdf
In this kind of situation, we're sorry that we cannot offer you a warranty service. Hope for your understanding.
VPS.png
2019-10-2
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 10-2 18:05
Hi there, sorry to read the accident. I managed to get your case number via the forum information. Upon checking the data analysis result, there was a speed of 3.6 m/s before the aircraft took off, which indicated that the aircraft launched from a moving object, you can check this in the flight records as the horizontal speed is 3.6m/s when started the motor by CSC.
As you mentioned, the drone was taking off from a boat, which requires high flying skills in considering the interference and moving platform. Also, the vision positioning system may not work well when flying over moving surfaces and objects. You may find it in the safety guidelines: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170809/Mavic+Pro+Disclaimer+and+Safety+Guidelines-EN.pdf
In this kind of situation, we're sorry that we cannot offer you a warranty service. Hope for your understanding.[Image]

hi, thank you for the answer. yes i take off from a boat that has the area for the small helicopter, so there aren’t obstacle to avoid. the boat was almost stopped (3 km/h was manhole). the mavic doesn’t fall because of a crash, it falls when it was above the sea.
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-2 21:48
hi, thank you for the answer. yes i take off from a boat that has the area for the small helicopter, so there aren’t obstacle to avoid. the boat was almost stopped (3 km/h was manhole). the mavic doesn’t fall because of a crash, it falls when it was above the sea.

When launching the drone from a moving platform, it may easily lose balance and attitude, leading to potential flight hazards. For your case, the accident was caused by an improper environment which is not covered by warranty, sorry about that.

2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 10-3 00:44
When launching the drone from a moving platform, it may easily lose balance and attitude, leading to potential flight hazards. For your case, the accident was caused by an improper environment which is not covered by warranty, sorry about that.

okay but the drone doesn’t crash with anything... when the drone was above the sea (and not above the boat) it stopped flying and it felt...
2019-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-3 01:07
okay but the drone doesn’t crash with anything... when the drone was above the sea (and not above the boat) it stopped flying and it felt...

Hiya,

if you like post your flightlog on here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Height is controlled by baro sensor, has nothing to do with vision systems. Mayby fly 'not as normal' after take-off from a boat but dropped into sea after 10 seconds...
Flightlog will tell mayby why it dropped into the sea.....
cheers
JJB
2019-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-2 21:48

3.6 m/s = 12,96 km/hr, not your 3 km/hr saying....
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-3 03:47
Hiya,

if you like post your flightlog on here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

yes but why does it drop in the sea?
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-3 03:49
3.6 m/s = 12,96 km/hr, not your 3 km/hr saying....

sorry, i’ve read wrong. however 12km/h isn’t an exaggerated speed...
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-3 03:47
Hiya,

i’ve already sent my log to the support
2019-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-3 05:45
i’ve already sent my log to the support

i know, but if you post your flightlog on here you get mayby other answers....

2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-3 01:07

Sorry for the confusion. The crash I refer to doesn't mean the drone crash with obstacles, but the status it doesn't maintain the attitude and fall.
2019-10-4
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Take off from a moving boat, first mistake;
Leave the boat before the drone hovers steadily(10 seconds is too short), another mistake.
Hard lesson. Sorry for the loss.
2019-10-4
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

Kevin8701 Posted at 10-4 19:44
Leave the boat before the drone hovers steadily(10 seconds is too short), another mistake.

Wow, easy verdict not seeing his flighrecord.....

DJI drones are used during the famous Volvo Ocean race....without any problem at all!

If the OP publish his flightrecord, than we possibly know what happend.

cheers
JJB
2019-10-5
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

Kevin8701 Posted at 10-4 19:44

the drone was certainly stable after i left the boat... however i’ve seen a lot of people taking off from a boat without problems
2019-10-5
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft

JJB* Posted at 10-5 05:03

DJI drones are used during the famous Volvo Ocean race....without any problem at all!

Totally agree.  I'd like to see the flight record and let JJB* do his magic.  It provides training and information as to what happened for everyone else out here in Drone Land.  
2019-10-5
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

okay here’s the log
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5L5E2ED00WY413XQMTMI
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 10-4 19:23
Sorry for the confusion. The crash I refer to doesn't mean the drone crash with obstacles, but the status it doesn't maintain the attitude and fall.

yes but why doesn’t it maintain the attitude?
2019-10-6
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Yes, if the OP uploads his flight record, everything will be clear.
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

okay here’s the log
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5L5E2ED00WY413XQMTMI
2019-10-6
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

Hi,

Only 5 seconds of  data....

At startup boat had a speed of 3.6 m/s, value calculated from GPS data.

A manual takeoff, after takeoff some high roll values shortly but recovering to normal pitch/roll values.Speed normal at takeoff, so i think it did stabilize in flight after leaving the 'ground'.
At 3.6 seconds 100% sick down and 100% roll to the left! Not a normal stick setting at takeoff, would expect up and mayby yaw to get desired heading.So your AC did not climb further ofcourse but started to descend!

If i am right the boat moved heading 174, craft heading 286. Guess craft heading perpendicular to the ship.After take off the ship moved on...so that`s why it seems logical to give input 100% left stick to stay clear of an obstacle on board the boat?

But why 100% down as well ??

It looks to me that you,
a) by accident moved the sticks, dropping your drone into the water (as you have said).
b) as the boat moved on and drone holding position you did panick and tried to land ?
At the end a Motorfail error (at impact water/object mayby?, see pitch/roll values), never seen this error before so cannot tell what it means.

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-6 04:22
Hi,

[Image]

thank you very much for the analysis, i reply you from what i’ve understood (i am italian). When i took off (based on what I remember) i’ve moved the sticks in that way to stay near the boat. the drone doesn’t crash with anything and i’ve not avoided some obstacles because there weren’t any.
thanks
2019-10-6
Use props
humla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 871201 ft

Hi,

[Image]

Hello ! What a program i need to Read flight records ?
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

Hi,

[Image]

another question, the “motor fail error” is an error caused by the drone it was still in warranty? i didn’t  accidentally move the sticks
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

humla Posted at 10-6 06:05
Hello ! What a program i need to Read flight records ?

i usually use airdata uav
2019-10-6
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-6 05:30
thank you very much for the analysis, i reply you from what i’ve understood (i am italian). When i took off (based on what I remember) i’ve moved the sticks in that way to stay near the boat. the drone doesn’t crash with anything and i’ve not avoided some obstacles because there weren’t any.
thanks

Hi,

Oke, you moved the sticks to stay near the boat.
But you gave 100% down input, that`s why imo it dropped into the sea.

cheers
JJB
2019-10-6
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-6 06:59
another question, the “motor fail error” is an error caused by the drone it was still in warranty? i didn’t  accidentally move the sticks

I have no idea. But errors after hitting objects or dropped into the water are not the cause of the mishap.

Guess the software thinks that the drone did not reach enought height after takeoff, so this exception error was seen.

cheers
JJB
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-6 07:14
Hi,

Oke, you moved the sticks to stay near the boat.

no, i think that i’ve moved the sticks down after the felt. i know that it seems strange but i’m very sure that i never moved them down before the falling...
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-6 07:18
I have no idea. But errors after hitting objects or dropped into the water are not the cause of the mishap.

Guess the software thinks that the drone did not reach enought height after takeoff, so this exception error was seen.

okay thanks, but if the cause of the falling isn’t the down moving of the sticks what could have happened?
2019-10-6
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-6 08:28
no, i think that i’ve moved the sticks down after the felt. i know that it seems strange but i’m very sure that i never moved them down before the falling...

oke, if that is the case than i really don`t know what happend.
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 10-6 11:05
oke, if that is the case than i really don`t know what happend.

thanks anyway, i hope dji support can help me...
2019-10-7
Use props
Ben Mason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Looks pretty straight forward to me, you took off from a moving object, held down the throttle and landed in the water. Either you did it or your controller is faulty, if it's the controller it should still be faulty, but even that's a bit of a stretch, it's far more likely you panicked and landed the drone in the water.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-6 01:12
yes but why doesn’t it maintain the attitude?

Please kindly refer to 4#, this may happens as the drone launched from a moving platform.
2019-10-7
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

Ben Mason Posted at 10-7 03:08
Looks pretty straight forward to me, you took off from a moving object, held down the throttle and landed in the water. Either you did it or your controller is faulty, if it's the controller it should still be faulty, but even that's a bit of a stretch, it's far more likely you panicked and landed the drone in the water.

okay but why should i land in the water?
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 10-7 18:01
Please kindly refer to 4#, this may happens as the drone launched from a moving platform.

and it can happen also if the application says “ready to go” the drone took off normally and it was stable?
2019-10-8
Use props
Ben Mason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-8 03:17
okay but why should i land in the water?

If your low enough and you hold down the throttle the drone auto-lands, even if you had landing protection disabled and you hold down the throttle for long enough you will land in the water eventually, the drone doesn't just stop and ignore your commands. People do strange things when they panic, you don't think you just react, maybe your thought you were in a different flight mode, who knows, but the flight records don't lie.
If the controller is faulty it can input commands without you touching the sticks, however if that's the case your controller would still be faulty and you would be able to see the sticks moving on their own in the controller calibration menu, this doesn't fix itself unless you calibrate the controller or have it repaired.
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

Ben Mason Posted at 10-8 03:27
If your low enough and you hold down the throttle the drone auto-lands, even if you had landing protection disabled and you hold down the throttle for long enough you will land in the water eventually, the drone doesn't just stop and ignore your commands. People do strange things when they panic, you don't think you just react, maybe your thought you were in a different flight mode, who knows, but the flight records don't lie.
If the controller is faulty it can input commands without you touching the sticks, however if that's the case your controller would still be faulty and you would be able to see the sticks moving on their own in the controller calibration menu, this doesn't fix itself unless you calibrate the controller or have it repaired.

hello, i wasn’t in panic because the situation was as usual. the drone took off normally and he went above the sea. the moving on of the sticks are because (as i’ve already said) i wanna stay near the boat. if the drone decided to land i could see it on the log...
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-8 03:18
and it can happen also if the application says “ready to go” the drone took off normally and it was stable?

The data analysis was based on the flight records you offered, and the team has explained in the email clearly as well, we're sorry that no malfunction was found from the records. In this kind of situation, we've provided the best solution we can offer, hope you consider it.
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 10-9 18:13
The data analysis was based on the flight records you offered, and the team has explained in the email clearly as well, we're sorry that no malfunction was found from the records. In this kind of situation, we've provided the best solution we can offer, hope you consider it.

yes but the solution you offered me is a 15% discount for a shipment only to china... like i’ve already said to you in from italy and not from china...
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FVTbycAkyDRY Posted at 10-14 01:40
yes but the solution you offered me is a 15% discount for a shipment only to china... like i’ve already said to you in from italy and not from china...

Upon checking the aircraft SN, the unit should be only available in China Mainland market, we're sorry that we cannot send it to Italy for you due to the non-global warranty policy. You may check whether your seller or Chinese friends can help you handle it.
2019-10-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules