Dji Osmo Action Shaky footage
5916 21 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micaelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97539 ft

Hello,
i've bought my osmo action 1 month ago for my trip to Brazil.
When i was reviewing the footage, i notcied that it was shaky. i tought that i had screwed up in the settings and had RS disabled.
After programing the user settings, and making sure RS was on, the footage was still shaky. Like if there was no stabilization on.
i'll send you some footage for you guys to see, and tell me what you think.
It was recorded today, 4K 24 FPS, on a sandisk extreme v30 A2 SD card, and using FreeWell ND 16 Filter.
I had the camera attatched to my chest.
https://youtu.be/9BcBWpbFi68

2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Micaelo, just to verify, does the issue remain if removed the ND Filter? You may have a try and keep us updated, thanks!
2019-10-2
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 10-2 17:18
Hi Micaelo, just to verify, does the issue remain if removed the ND Filter? You may have a try and keep us updated, thanks!

Hi Susan,
i've done the latest firmware update last night... and i just did a try out a few minutes ago.
without the filters and it seemed better.
Can't say if it was the update or the filter.
i will try again with the filters and let you know
2019-10-3
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

Micaelo Posted at 10-3 07:36
Hi Susan,
i've done the latest firmware update last night... and i just did a try out a few minutes ago.
without the filters and it seemed better.

here is the footage after the update..
https://youtu.be/WMEHNYexV9A
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micaelo Posted at 10-4 03:01
here is the footage after the update..
https://youtu.be/WMEHNYexV9A

Thanks for getting back to us. So, the current firmware version is 01.06.00.20, right? Does the issue only appear 4K 24FPS? If it is convenient, please kindly export the camera log for further analysis.
You may find the log  /MISC/LOG/ Folder in the SD card directory.
Note: Since this is a hidden folder, if you want to view it, please turn on the hidden item view permission first, such as tick "Hidden items", thanks!
2019-10-4
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 10-4 20:16
Thanks for getting back to us. So, the current firmware version is 01.06.00.20, right? Does the issue only appear 4K 24FPS? If it is convenient, please kindly export the camera log for further analysis.
You may find the log  /MISC/LOG/ Folder in the SD card directory.
Note: Since this is a hidden folder, if you want to view it, please turn on the hidden item view permission first, such as tick "Hidden items", thanks!

Hello Susan,

Sorry for replying so late. I was traveling.
Yes that is the current version, no this happened across all 4k fps. i only record on 4K.
How can i export that? just copy / paste the "camera log"?
2019-10-9
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

i've putted the file in my google drive.
you can download it from here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ik6L0eUY8qK6sUxIKZfqBMYlhYpwinP1/view?usp=sharing
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micaelo Posted at 10-9 23:01
i've putted the file in my google drive.
you can download it from here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ik6L0eUY8qK6sUxIKZfqBMYlhYpwinP1/view?usp=sharing

Received with thanks! I've forwarded it to our engineers to check and keep you updated.
2019-10-10
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 10-10 00:23
Received with thanks! I've forwarded it to our engineers to check and keep you updated.

I've putted together some footage from my vacations and another from today.
The one from today was recorded on 4k 60fps  RS on and edited as 24. no filters and on auto.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18iaHGNAn0pPdZN8CiH4v_mmmMwa7PTo9?usp=sharing
2019-10-10
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

Hello Susan,

This may not be the case here, but i was watching a vidéo comparing osmo action to hero 8 and others.
At one point on his video i noticed the same thing that was going on with mine. And it had to do with bit rate. He had 2 hero 8 cameras one with max bit rate and onother on normal and on the normal one we could see the shakyness like in mine. i know its not the same brand but still, he compared the hero 8 to osmo action and his footage was flawless doing downhill bike on booth cameras.
2019-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micaelo Posted at 10-10 02:09
The one from today was recorded on 4k 60fps  RS on and edited as 24. no filters and on auto.

I understand your concern, all information has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I'll keep following up.
2019-10-11
Use props
harmash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23576 ft

Having exactly the same issue. The footage is pretty ok when I'm standing, but extremely shaky when moving forward fast, riding bike or EUC
2019-10-14
Use props
harmash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23576 ft

I just noticed it's depending a lot on the framerate. If I shoot at 25fps and choose shutter speed 1/50, as it should be, the footage is shaky. It's much better at 1/100 and almost not shaky at 1/200.
2019-10-14
Use props
Francisco Silva1
New

Hi, i have the same problem, im recording at 1080/24 fps and the RS is not working at all since the last udate, what can i do or whats the problem? Thanks
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micaelo Posted at 10-10 02:09
The one from today was recorded on 4k 60fps  RS on and edited as 24. no filters and on auto.

Just got an update from the engineers that they suggested as below to get better performance:
1. Make sure there is sufficient light when shooting.  The Osmo Action can get the best stabilization effect in a well-lit environment. In the dark environment, the stabilization will be affected as it has to reduce motion blur;
2. Adjust the shutter speed and adjust the ISO properly. If the shutter speed is set around 1/200, you will get a better stabilization effect.  1/500 or below can achieve the best stabilization effect.
3. Choose an appropriate frame rate (below 60 frames) will be better.
You may check and let us know whether it helps. thanks!
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Francisco Silva1 Posted at 10-14 16:58
Hi, i have the same problem, im recording at 1080/24 fps and the RS is not working at all since the last udate, what can i do or whats the problem? Thanks

Hi Francisco, could you refer to 15# and check whether it helps?
2019-10-14
Use props
Francisco Silva1
New

DJI Susan Posted at 10-14 23:14
Hi Francisco, could you refer to 15# and check whether it helps?

I checked it today and it's solved, maybe he just needed to sleep a little LOL!  thank you
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Francisco Silva1 Posted at 10-15 07:38
I checked it today and it's solved, maybe he just needed to sleep a little LOL!  thank you

Glad to hear it works well. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2019-10-16
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 10-16 01:01
Glad to hear it works well. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

hi Susan,
just to get this right, i need to record at 24 or 30 fps, on at least 1/200 shutter speed and adjust the iso acording to that?
2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micaelo Posted at 10-16 01:53
hi Susan,
just to get this right, i need to record at 24 or 30 fps, on at least 1/200 shutter speed and adjust the iso acording to that?

You may refer to the above and have a try.
2019-10-17
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1
France

hi susan,
After 2 weeks of recording files with soooo many diferent settings, and send it to dji support.
the answer i got was... record with bigger shutter speed and iso on auto. Wich is a load of BS since the footage is ultra white and ultrasharp.
So i've decided to talk with some youtubers and video content creators that have one and the answers i got was " IT'S BROKEN, mine works great with the the 180° rule...."
How much more time will i have to waste on this?
2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micaelo Posted at 10-22 07:22
hi susan,
After 2 weeks of recording files with soooo many diferent settings, and send it to dji support.
the answer i got was... record with bigger shutter speed and iso on auto. Wich is a load of BS since the footage is ultra white and ultrasharp.

Sorry about that. If it is convenient, you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair We'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules