Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Camera Controls going crazy
1877 4 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.2

I looked through the forums and don't see a similar issue.

I just got back from a flight with my Mavic Pro and the camera controls were erratic.

I generally fly with the camera in "auto" mode, but when I booted up this time the image was waaay blown out and overexposed in auto.  I powered everything down and re-started, and things looked normal  for a bit... but then the problem re-occurred.

So, I thought, I'll just shoot in manual mode, which I probably should do more anyway.  But, no joy... the exposures, even in manual, kept ramping up and down, brighter and darker.  And since exposures instantly "click" up and down rather than smoothly ramping, it makes the footage unusable.  I repeatedly kept having to go into the camera settings and readjust it, it seems primarily that it was the shutter speed that would not stick... I would set it to 40 (or 60 or whatever) and then after an exposure problem I'd go back in and look and the shutter speed would have shifted down to 25 or whatever... it wouldn't "stick."

Also, the controller is now fairly often and randomly "beeping"... I don't know if these issues are connected or not, but that is definitely new.

I'm using the CrystalSky monitor running the app, when I boot up it tells me I have the latest firmware.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
T2

2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to reset the camera settings of yours and try to see if the problem persists? You may refer to the images below. Also, can you please try to check your RC if the light indicator is red when beeping? You may perform the Remote Controller Calibration to see if this will rectify the beeping issue. I will be posting an official video tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

2019-10-2
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2

I'll give that a try as soon as my batteries are re-charged and can test it.

I appreciate the suggestions!... hopefully they will work.

T2
2019-10-2
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2

Well... much like taking your car to the mechanic and suddenly there's no problem...

Back at the studio I charged up a battery and went flying... and the camera operated perfectly, held its settings, and worked beautifully.  No beeping either.

I have no idea what "healed" it, or if it will misbehave again.  I did re-set the camera though after I was finished, just to be on the safe side.

Who knows if it will happen again.  Many thanks for the suggestions.

T2

2019-10-2
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft

FauxFilm Posted at 10-2 14:48
Well... much like taking your car to the mechanic and suddenly there's no problem...

Back at the studio I charged up a battery and went flying... and the camera operated perfectly, held its settings, and worked beautifully.  No beeping either.

Often there are 2 ways to 'reset' hardware - so called 'warm re-boot' and 'cold  re-boot'. The former is basically what happens each time a computer is restarted but still has power to the circuit board. The later is when all power is removed from the device/machine. It is possible that the boot phase of the camera was corrupted whilst in a dormant power state. Essentially a cold boot will have cleared the temporary data buffers and reloaded the diver software afresh. A controller directed camera reset does the same - flushes the buffers and loads the camera driver software with factory default value settings.
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules