GO 4 for Android Crashes Repeatedly
1244 5 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwillis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1613642 ft

While flying my Mavic Air, the GO 4 app crashes half a dozen or so times throughout any given flight. I'm using a Pixel 2. It crashes when video recording starts every single time. It always crashes again immediately after launching the app after a crash. The third time it opens and reconnects but this process takes well over a minute while the drone is in the air unsupervised. It also crashes randomly while recording video. I don't think I've had it crash while in photo mode but I'm not certain. This is infuriating. It regularly causes me to miss shots and it puts my aircraft, and potentially other people's property, at risk when it happens while on low battery. What can be done about this? I can find posts about this kind of behavior going back for years. Is DJI incapable of producing quality software? Their software is as awful as their aircraft are awesome. I already know from experience that the "intelligent" flight modes should not be used and that DJI will not stand behind their products when they fail and cause crashes. The app should never be allowed to fly the aircraft. Do I now have to learn to fly (and shoot) without a video feed? Or am I going to have to develop my own app just to get a reliable, professional-quality experience? This is ridiculous.
2019-10-2
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2

It's getting worse too. Yesterday I was on a job and it crashed as usual when I started video recording and it crashed again when I re-opened the app, again as usual, but this time it didn't open on the third try. It crashed again. And again. And again and again. I thought I was going to be completely unable to use it but it finally stayed opened after 8 or so tries and I was able to get the shots I needed before it randomly crashed again.
2019-10-5
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2

Clearing the video cache doesn't help. I'm not certain but it seems like it's gotten worse since the Android update to version 10.
2019-10-5
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2

I'm sorry about the inflammatory tone of my first post. I was just frustrated because this keeps happening and keeps happening and keeps not being fixed or addressed or responded to.
2019-10-8
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57861 ft

No response from DJI support?

Having a similar problem with the app
Am on android 9, Samsung S8+ in combi with Mavic air
Crashes occur especially when accessing (or trying to) intelligent flight modes
Once it starts it keeps crashing.
Also in/during flight
Same happens when it loses connection and auto returns home