IS STOCK ANDROID CAMERA APP COMPATIBLE IN OM3?
8581 8 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speechgotham3
New

Hi,i'd like to know if i can use stock camera app instead of DJI MIMO APP? sometime id like to use stock camera because of different features. thanks a lot
2019-10-2
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>

Which stock app ? - if you mean the Go app then NO it won't work....
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Yes, you can use your stock camera on your mobile device since the Osmo Mobile 3 only serves as a stabilizer. However, there is a possibility that you cannot use other features if you are using the camera application of your mobile device. Also, you can only use your DJI Mimo application to update the firmware of your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and you cannot use any other application. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-3
Use props
speechgotham3
New

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-3 10:01
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Yes, you can use your stock camera on your mobile device since the Osmo Mobile 3 only serves as a stabilizer. However, there is a possibility that you cannot use other features if you are using the camera application of your mobile device. Also, you can only use your DJI Mimo application to update the firmware of your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and you cannot use any other application. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!

thanks for answer so fast, other question, do you know if I can use the buttons on OM3 to control my stock camera? because i tried and i couldn't.. thanks in advance
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

speechgotham3 Posted at 10-3 12:52
thanks for answer so fast, other question, do you know if I can use the buttons on OM3 to control my stock camera? because i tried and i couldn't.. thanks in advance

You are always welcome and thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, those buttons will not work using the stock camera of yours since it is only designed to work with the DJI Mimo application as of the moment. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries. Thank you!
2019-10-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

The record button will work if the stock app is set to allow the volume keys to take a photo.  Other keys will work if their function relates purely to gimbal control, eg horiontal or portrait, recentre.  
2019-10-4
Use props
pet3r
New
Poland

fansfe82067d Posted at 2019-10-4 20:36
The record button will work if the stock app is set to allow the volume keys to take a photo.  Other keys will work if their function relates purely to gimbal control, eg horiontal or portrait, recentre.

Do I have to set anything up to get the stock camera app working with the OM3? My camera allows volume buttons to take photos, but none of the Osmo's buttons work.
2020-2-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is the gimbal linked in bluetooth settings?
2020-2-27
Use props
pet3r
New
Poland

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-27 02:33
Is the gimbal linked in bluetooth settings?

It was not - I thought that activating it through the MIMO app was enough. Disconnecting it from MIMO made it possible to pair through my smartphone's Bluetooth settings, which then enabled the volume buttons. Thank you!
2020-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules