Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will the Canon 90D have support for Ronin S?
12Next >
15156 60 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuiAMGSilva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 747044 ft

Title, pretty much. Since the 80D recently got it, will the newer APS-C flagship from Canon get it?

Thanks.

2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

After testing, the weight is less than 3.6KG, the camera width does not exceed 205 mm, and the height does not exceed 150 mm. The Ronin-S can normally provide stabilizing functions. But the control features can not be fully insured if it is not in the compatible list. Please note the update of the camera compatibility list on our official website. The list is continuously updated.
2019-10-4
Use props
ItzInsaneGoat
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-4 03:06
After testing, the weight is less than 3.6KG, the camera width does not exceed 205 mm, and the height does not exceed 150 mm. The Ronin-S can normally provide stabilizing functions. But the control features can not be fully insured if it is not in the compatible list. Please note the update of the camera compatibility list on our official website. The list is continuously updated.

The last updated compatibility list was before the 90D was officially out. Any news yet if it will be supported as there has been no updates. Don't want to buy a discontinued camera but might have to now since Ronin says nothing about supporting it yet.
2019-10-14
Use props
bjobjo
lvl.1
Norway

i have a 90d and i am stil waiting for 90d suport. DJI you need to get suport for more cameras or your customers will find other gimblas that work
2019-10-20
Use props
djiuser_uQEl3j7KhNRl
lvl.1

Germany

I’ve also recently purchased a 90D and made excellent shots with it, but I was missing the focus controls, which is essential since the 90D doesn’t have autofocus in 120fps mode. I was forced to compensate for not having focus controls by moving the camera instead of being able to adjust the focus. I could buy the focus motor, but I need a simple run and gun setup which fits in a backpack. I’d really appreciate if you’d add support for the 90D, I’m really satisfied with the Ronin S, but I need the focus controls. Thanks.
2019-10-29
Use props
mourya
New

Australia

I totally agree with others.

DJI Ronin S should support the Canon 90D camera model. Its almost identical to Canon 80D. Shouldnt have any issues in the size aspect.

DJI - Please pay focus on the canon dslr compatibility lineup. Canon 90D is now the supremo of the most affordable 4K DSLR by Canon. Ronin-S buyers (and potential buyers) are all eagerly waiting for you guys to announce the compatibility. Youtubers will soon crank up with the videos of this camera. You don't want to miss the huge sales opportunity.

I personally will buy a Ronin - S the day DJI announces the Canon 90D compatibility.

2019-12-1
Use props
jon3067
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has anyone managed to get the ronin app to recognise the 90d at all using the mini cable with a micro adapter? I keep on getting 'cable not connected"
2019-12-8
Use props
AirAspects
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1461335 ft
  • >>>
United States

jon3067 Posted at 12-8 14:12
Has anyone managed to get the ronin app to recognise the 90d at all using the mini cable with a micro adapter? I keep on getting 'cable not connected"

I get that too.  Tried a few different things, but no luck.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_xaB5ZCFFFbnI
New

Austria

i am a ronin s and ronin sc owner using canon 80d and recently bought the 90d. It's gonna be really great if bith gimbals will have connection and control compatibility with both cameras please. some of my friends are planning to buy other branded gimbals and the recent weebill s is making noise already.

I still personally prefer dji, so please work on an update please, thank you very much.
2019-12-18
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, please support the Canon 90D for the Ronin-S and Ronin-SC!  It stabilizes just fine, but need to be able to connect it to the gimbal to be able to take advantage of all the features!
2019-12-18
Use props
jon3067
lvl.1
United Kingdom

What they said!
2019-12-19
Use props
AirAspects
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I also have a Canon 90D, and the Ronin-S will not recognize it.  Come on DJI, please add support.
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_Vb1OunYi69Xl
New

Ireland

bjobjo Posted at 2019-10-20 11:04
i have a 90d and i am stil waiting for 90d suport. DJI you need to get suport for more cameras or your customers will find other gimblas that work

Absolutely Right. I have a 90D and I bought a Ronin S. Great bit of kit. I have it perfectly balanced and it rotates smoothly on all three axes. But I can't record or focus from the Ronin to the Camera.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_Vb1OunYi69Xl
New

Ireland

Any Reliable information as to when DJI are planning to FULLY support the Canon 90D for the Ronin S???
2020-1-8
Use props
fanscf454b4a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228209 ft
Sweden

Dji i didnt know my 90D is not support it! I change from m50 to this and now is not working? So sad so stupid i dont understand why you do this to meeee
2020-1-10
Use props
fanscf454b4a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228209 ft
Sweden

Dji i didnt know my 90D is not support it! I change from m50 to this and now is not working? So sad so stupid i dont understand why you do this to meeee
96B9DCF7-E3E1-4493-8F03-09097B40CCFB.jpeg
2020-1-10
Use props
Adrian Rios Pro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 588914 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

please give support for the 90d
2020-1-11
Use props
Flashman999
lvl.1
Australia

C'mon DJI... there's a world of Canon users who have bought the 90D...a great little camera, wanting to use it on the best gimbal around, the Ronin S. I see the forum goes back MONTHS!!! asking for this. You don't want to disappoint customers do you? The longer it takes!!!!
2020-1-22
Use props
PerilTheCat
New

Canada

I would also like 90D support. I chose the Ronin over the Crane and I'm starting to regret it. The gimbal is good but the lack of support for a months-old camera at this point is disappointing.
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_TSzsXZeMYHJQ
New

United States

Just bought my Ronin S to enhance my video creativity. Gimbal works smooth. Absolutely need DJI to make an update to include the 90d in software update. For $800 they should be continually providing updates.
2020-2-9
Use props
AirAspects
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This is really stupid.  The only option is to use the IR cable, which has to be lined up really carefully (and then the cable slips..)
Why not just use a basic 1-pin plug,  like a handheld button shutter release cable?  Those should be compatible with all of a certain brands cameras.
Like this (only cheaper..)

https://www.amazon.com/ZITAY-Con ... ease/dp/B07ZJCDCK8/
2020-2-12
Use props
Beatdemon
lvl.1
United States

OK, DJI it's March 2020 and still no support for Canon 90D? I stupidly thought since the 80D is supported that the USB camera control cable would work for the 90D also (they're very similar) but nope. I guess I'll hang on to the cable in hopes that support is soon to come, but then the 80D was out for years before you supported it... so maybe I should not hold my breath?
2020-3-9
Use props
Malfius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141017 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there
Any Update on 90D compatibility yet ?
Its been months since the 90D was released.
2020-4-16
Use props
Peripecias
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I was very frustrated when I tried to create some content a couple of days ago, was then when I realized a few problems in my Canon 90D that didn't happen previously with my Canon 80D.

First of all, if the RSS-USB cable is connected to the camera with a manual lens like my Rokinon 16mm T2.2 cine lens, on the screen of the 90D appears the message that stays on the screen all the time "Make sure a lens is attached. Press <Start/stop> button to prepare for movie shooting." disabling any operation on the camera. If I disconnect the RSS-USB cable and turn on the camera, everything is ok but I can't control the camera from the actual Ronin-S.

If the RSS-USB cable is connected to the camera with an automatic lens like my canon EFS 18-135 or the EF 85mm f1.4, the screen appears normal, but as soon I press any button or I turn any wheel in the inferior left side of the screen appear the word "busy", even pressing the menu button. But as soon as I disconnect the RSS-USB cable, I can use the camera normally.

With the cable RSS-USB connected and automatic lens attached, on the Create-Virtual Joystick of the Ronin APP, when I press the recording or shooting button (big red or white dot) pops up a message telling "Please connect dedicated cable to RSS port for this feature".

If the RSS-IR cable is connected with automatic or manual lens, pointing the IR cable to the IR receiver of the camera, on the video options menu the "remote control" enabled and I press recording in the Ronin-S, nothing happens.

The "Focus Motor 2006" works as should be in any situation, but that's normal because nothing has to do with the camera itself.

All of us we know that DJI is not the fastest company to improve their software. I hope this time it is faster than the previous times and supports soon the Canon 90D with the gimbal.

Lucky me I didn't sell my Canon 80D.
2020-4-17
Use props
djiuser_p6uxqZR0Mayb
New

United States

Please update and support Canon 90D so we have function of the record button and focus.
2020-4-18
Use props
Modito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97051 ft
Spain

DJI is not helping much. what a shame. Crane seems to be the best option.
2020-4-20
Use props
AJoshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
Please provide the upgrade for 90D, it is now months and I'm eagerly waiting for it.
2020-4-29
Use props
fansaecf94e1
New

Oman

DJI what is your problem

You should release the 90D Canon compatible update now.

Everyone is waiting for that

Thanks
2020-5-1
Use props
Peripecias
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I found a link where it is possible to request the Canon 90D (or any other). I know that it is a bit surreal that the users are the ones that need to request the next generation of the 80D that it is already in the compatibility list, moreover being the 90D in the market since the 28th of August 2019 (9 months ago!).

Desktop - https://www.dji.com/uk/support/compatibility (inferior right corner)
Mobile - https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/support/compatibility

Those links are from UK, I don't know if affect from where are you requesting. In any case, good luck to all and stay safe.
2020-5-1
Use props
Martinjws
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-10-4 03:06
After testing, the weight is less than 3.6KG, the camera width does not exceed 205 mm, and the height does not exceed 150 mm. The Ronin-S can normally provide stabilizing functions. But the control features can not be fully insured if it is not in the compatible list. Please note the update of the camera compatibility list on our official website. The list is continuously updated.

The compatibility list hasn’t been updated for a long time.
Please feed that back would you ? Those of us with the Canon 90D would like to see it officially supported.
Thank you
2020-5-1
Use props
Martinjws
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Peripecias Posted at 5-1 02:45
Hi there,

I found a link where it is possible to request the Canon 90D (or any other). I know that it is a bit surreal that the users are the ones that need to request the next generation of the 80D that it is already in the compatibility list, moreover being the 90D in the market since the 28th of August 2019 (9 months ago!).

Done. I saw that myself the other day
2020-5-1
Use props
fansaecf94e1
New

Oman

No response from a big company
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_k5v3HL1GAdWg
New

India

Who would have thought that Canon 80D is supported and 90D is not??!!

Dear DJI Dev team..people are dying waiting for Canon 90D to be supported
2020-5-6
Use props
AJoshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Wants to buy immediately if it support 90D, wondering when the update will come..it is May now, DJI please give us update for 90D.
2020-5-8
Use props
mwierowski
lvl.1

United States

I am also waiting for a firmware update to support the 90D.
2020-5-8
Use props
fansaecf94e1
New

Oman

DJI

YOU FIELD
2020-5-14
Use props
Malfius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141017 ft
United Kingdom

Now I’ve bought one, I’m fairly happy. Technically it does work with the RSS IR cable but it would be so much easier to be able to use the MCC Cable instead.
So please DJI update the firmware
2020-5-14
Use props
alexg78
New
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United Kingdom

Malfius Posted at 5-14 22:18
Now I’ve bought one, I’m fairly happy. Technically it does work with the RSS IR cable but it would be so much easier to be able to use the MCC Cable instead.
So please DJI update the firmware

Hi there, did you actually manage to get it working? You say ttechnically, but can you actually start and stop recording using the gimbal red button for example?
2020-5-15
Use props
alexg78
New
United Kingdom

Come on DJI!!! Shall I return and get the other brand gimbal? The 90D has been out for a long time now... Pull your finger out!
2020-5-15
Use props
alexg78
New
United Kingdom

Maybe if we all request it via their "Request your model" button the will hear us? Go to dji.com/uk/support/compatibility/ronin-s/eos80d Scroll to the bottom of the page, on the right and request support for 90D
2020-5-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules