Full lock mode (including pan axis)
1702 3 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
az5456
lvl.2

Hello,
Is it possible to lock all axes on the Osmo Pocket, so the camera stays in one direction regardless of any movement? I only find three modes (follow, tilt locked, FPV) but no full lock like other gimbals usually have. I would like to to jib-like shots with a monopod, but that's impossible if the yaw axis follows the movement.
2019-10-3
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

The nearest I can think of is putting it into the underwater case mode. The angle is a little weird and it isn't without some movement but returns back to its original position.
2019-10-3
Use props
az5456
lvl.2

In the meantime I found out something:
The Osmo Pocket has this function, but it is somewhat hidden and annoying to use. You have to buy the control wheel or the extension rod. There you have to hold down the right button, then the full lock is engaged as long as you hold the button.
Here's a video where this "hidden" mode is explained:
https://youtu.be/BTUyClsi2nM?t=304

So, it's nice to know that this function is available in some way, but it would be much nicer if this would be available without the need to buy some expensive accessory only for this purpose, and without holding down a button all the time. Please, DJI, make this function more user-friendly.
2019-10-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

az5456 Posted at 10-3 14:51
In the meantime I found out something:
The Osmo Pocket has this function, but it is somewhat hidden and annoying to use. You have to buy the control wheel or the extension rod. There you have to hold down the right button, then the full lock is engaged as long as you hold the button.
Here's a video where this "hidden" mode is explained:

I was about to refer you to my video, but I see you found it for yourself!  
2019-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules