Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
External Mic works with Pixel 3 camera app but not with Osmo3 app.
2031 6 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aeioyou1
lvl.1

Help Please! External Microphone works with the native google Pixel 3 camera app but not with Osmo3 mobile and DJI Mimo app.  Can anyone help?

2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The external microphone cannot connect to the Osmo Mobile 3 directly. But there is no limitation of the software or hardware in the Osmo Mobile 3. So this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile phone and the microphone. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2019-10-3
Use props
macribas
New
United States

It looks like your forum moderators respond to this question with the same canned response without paying attention.
We all know that the Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't have a mic input.
The question that OP asked was why the DJI Mimo app (not the device) doesn't support audio coming from an external microphone.
This is a limitation of the DJI GO and Mimo apps that has yet to be addressed by DJI.
2020-1-14
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

macribas Posted at 1-14 22:35
It looks like your forum moderators respond to this question with the same canned response without paying attention.
We all know that the Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't have a mic input.
The question that OP asked was why the DJI Mimo app (not the device) doesn't support audio coming from an external microphone.

this -indeed- is the right description of the problem.
It would be VERY NICE if the app will allow the use of an external microphone... even the Apple iPods would work then.......
Have fun!
2020-1-15
Use props
Ubel
New
United States

This is just sad.  Such a basic function has never been possible for Android users?  Just got my OM3 and have been really liking it.... until I go to use external mic.  And NO, we're not trying to connect an external mic to the gimbal itself, that would be dumb.  Physically connecting the mics to the phone works fine, other apps use the mic just fine, but DJI MIMO does not.  This isn't something that Google, the phone manufacturer, the mic manufacturer or the end user can resolve - IT'S A PROBLEM WITH THE APP!

Was thinking bout getting a drone, but seeing as how DJI seems to just snub the Android community hard and just comes back with copy pasta responses to this major problem with their MIMO app... yeah, doesn't bode well.
2020-1-22
Use props
FrankBLAM
New

Ireland

I have a Pixel 2 XL and have the same problem - it's really annoying. Is this just a problem with the PIxel or is it an issue for all Android users?
2020-1-30
Use props
FrankBLAM
New

Ireland

Oh. I think I got it working - I went into the native video App first and made sure the external mic was detected, and then went into the DJI Mimo app and the recording seemed to be coming from external mic. Tested by tapping on the mic and tapping on the phone to see which registered.
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules