Is the Spark discontinued?
10138 27 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

The spark is not available on DJI site, is it not manufactured anymore? What will happen to the spark forum in a few months? Any ideas?
2019-10-3
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>

I was guessing this too. Not really surprised at all, its over two years old. Maybe they will make a newer version?
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Spark does not belong to the list of EOL products of DJI and we will not remove the Spark section here in DJI Forum. Also, we deeply sorry if the said unit is currently not available on our store website. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option for you to be notified when it will be available on our store. You may want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

You are right. It is not even listed anymore here in the NL shop.
2019-10-3
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

ManOfSand Posted at 10-3 10:12
I was guessing this too. Not really surprised at all, its over two years old. Maybe they will make a newer version?

Maybe a cheaper version of the Mavic.
2019-10-3
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft

Wow. Neither of my drones (Spark and MP) could be replaced if I lost them. The MP has great alternatives, but I hope there is a new Spark sized replacement in the near future.  
2019-10-3
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-3 10:30
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Spark does not belong to the list of EOL products of DJI and we will not remove the Spark section here in DJI Forum. Also, we deeply sorry if the said unit is currently not available on our store website. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option for you to be notified when it will be available on our store. You may want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

You've been saying that for months when this question keeps coming up. Why won't DJI be honest and tell us what is holding up your production of the Spark if you really don't have any intention of discontinuing it?
2019-10-3
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

I have a feeling in regards to sales the Spark has been a great success for DJI. But in regards for reliability it's a nightmare. You only have to do a few searches to see how many common issues keep coming up and how many times DJI has had to go round and round trying to avoid the issues or replace a craft. That has to be cutting into their bottom line considerably. So the hold up in having it in their store maybe because they are trying to fix those hardware issues. They are just too dishonest to tell us.
2019-10-3
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

RJB1 Posted at 10-3 15:45
You've been saying that for months when this question keeps coming up. Why won't DJI be honest and tell us what is holding up your production of the Spark if you really don't have any intention of discontinuing it?

Good remark!
2019-10-3
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

RJB1 Posted at 10-3 15:49
I have a feeling in regards to sales the Spark has been a great success for DJI. But in regards for reliability it's a nightmare. You only have to do a few searches to see how many common issues keep coming up and how many times DJI has had to go round and round trying to avoid the issues or replace a craft. That has to be cutting into their bottom line considerably. So the hold up in having it in their store maybe because they are trying to fix those hardware issues. They are just too dishonest to tell us.

Well said!
2019-10-3
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Spark does not belong to the list of EOL products of DJI and we will not remove the Spark section here in DJI Forum. Also, we deeply sorry if the said unit is currently not available on our store website. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option for you to be notified when it will be available on our store. You may want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

I was just browsing the store at dji.com and the Spark doesn't even have a page anymore where the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option can be selected. Certainly looks discontinued to me. DJI Gamora, can you provide a direct link to the page where it is still listed?
2019-10-4
Use props
Climbnride58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft

I've had way more problems with my MA than with  my Spark.
2019-10-4
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Climbnride58 Posted at 10-4 12:19
I've had way more problems with my MA than with  my Spark.

I love it when people make statements like that, as if everyone else who has legitimate complaints about the DJI Spark just don't matter.
2019-10-4
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

DJI admins be like,

2019-10-5
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

DJI admins be like,

https://tenor.com/view/awkward-a ... natural-gif-5248772

2019-10-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

RJB1 Posted at 10-5 04:09
DJI admins be like,

They probably don't know anything!
2019-10-5
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft

It does appear to be discontinued. I checked Adorama's web site yesterday to see what price they were asking for it these days, and all I was able to find were accessories and no Spark drone. Same thing on the DJI site.
2019-10-8
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

Tervist Posted at 10-8 11:08
It does appear to be discontinued. I checked Adorama's web site yesterday to see what price they were asking for it these days, and all I was able to find were accessories and no Spark drone. Same thing on the DJI site.

Thank you for the info Tervist.
2019-10-8
Use props
FlyBa2018
lvl.4

I think so. Also Mavic Air only has white version for a certain length of time, nothing else.
2019-10-8
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

This is a bit unsettling.  I have two Sparks and a Mini. One of the sparks was under warranty until about a month ago and I did not respond in time to renew it. It has a damaged motor. I figured it was no problem, I'll just take it to my local DJI store (yes, only about 5 miles away). They saw the box and said they could not help me - it is discontinued and they cannot get parts.  Not nice.  The little motors cannot be very expensive.  Hope there is no problem with the electronics as well.
John
2019-11-24
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

How would I go about purchasing a motor for the Spark?  What part number do I need to look for?
Thanks for any help that you can provide.
John
2019-11-24
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

Tervist Posted at 10-8 11:08
It does appear to be discontinued. I checked Adorama's web site yesterday to see what price they were asking for it these days, and all I was able to find were accessories and no Spark drone. Same thing on the DJI site.

Hmm, I wonder if there is a source of broken Sparks that can be used for spare parts?
2019-11-24
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

JohnK48 Posted at 11-24 06:57
Hmm, I wonder if there is a source of broken Sparks that can be used for spare parts?

Check on ebay. Cheers
2019-11-24
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

https://www.amazon.com/slp/dji-spark-parts/86wc35dw3nuu4g2
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JohnK48 Posted at 11-24 06:49
This is a bit unsettling.  I have two Sparks and a Mini. One of the sparks was under warranty until about a month ago and I did not respond in time to renew it. It has a damaged motor. I figured it was no problem, I'll just take it to my local DJI store (yes, only about 5 miles away). They saw the box and said they could not help me - it is discontinued and they cannot get parts.  Not nice.  The little motors cannot be very expensive.  Hope there is no problem with the electronics as well.
John

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for you to send your drone into our repair facility for further evaluation. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-24
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 16:02
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for you to send your drone into our repair facility for further evaluation. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thank you very much. I have some very good news. The rep at the local DJI store suggested getting my software and firmware fully current and then try it again and get as much diagnostic information as possible. Well, I was surprised that the drone flies fine. The one motor seems to have some resistance, possibly some dirt, but the drone flies well, so I see no need to send it in.  I have two Sparks that are great and the Mini, which is also great, and a Flamewheel.  All fabulous products.
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JohnK48 Posted at 11-30 14:24
Thank you very much. I have some very good news. The rep at the local DJI store suggested getting my software and firmware fully current and then try it again and get as much diagnostic information as possible. Well, I was surprised that the drone flies fine. The one motor seems to have some resistance, possibly some dirt, but the drone flies well, so I see no need to send it in.  I have two Sparks that are great and the Mini, which is also great, and a Flamewheel.  All fabulous products.

Hi, thank you for your response. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue and you are now ready to fly. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2019-12-1
Use props
BrianSC
lvl.4
Spain

I find it very concerning that dji discontinues support, accessories and repair of high tech products that are only one or two years old, when they could function for many more years with a little support. These products are not cheap toys, and in these days talking about recycling everything, it doesn’t make sense to tell us to get a new drone every 2 years because we no longer can get props, batteries, rc, etc
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules