Please eliminate recording beep sound from Osmo Mobile 3
5775 17 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mese
New

Hi Dear DJI People!
I just bought Osmo Mobile 3 to record videos in a yoga camp...
It is a silent venue and the recording beep would disturb the attendees...
I cannot use the gimbal this way, I will need to use my phone and my hands.... I am very disappointed...

Can you please, create an option to turn the beep sound off like in other DJI products for further use?

Thanks in advance!
Mese
2019-10-3
Use props
Mese
New

Or I just did not find how to mute it? I tried to mute my phone ringer and media too.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Unfortunately, we cannot turn off the beep sound when you start recording using the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 since it serves as an indicator when you are shooting a video. However, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-3
Use props
Prizm
New

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-3 10:34
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Unfortunately, we cannot turn off the beep sound when you start recording using the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 since it serves as an indicator when you are shooting a video. However, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

oh great, I just bought one of these today and wish I had known this
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Prizm Posted at 10-3 19:39
oh great, I just bought one of these today and wish I had known this

Thank you for reaching out. Please let us know if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2019-10-4
Use props
djiuser_xlwhq1gBbr62
New

Seconded, it is crazy this is not at least an option, especially when there are many prior customer complaints about similar issues in other gimbal models and you say on this forum you are solving the problem for them. Hope to see an update fixing this soon as it limits the scope of use very unfortunately!
2019-10-5
Use props
djiuser_xlwhq1gBbr62
New

Seconded, it is crazy this is not at least an option, especially when there are many prior customer complaints about similar issues in other gimbal models and you say on this forum you are solving the problem for them. Hope to see an update fixing this soon as it limits the scope of use very unfortunately!
2019-10-5
Use props
Mese
New

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-3 10:34

Thanks for the reply! I know the purpose, but the phone itself shows if it is recording or not, and in silent environment that is enough. Actually, the best would be to be able to set the volume gradually including mute option.
I was a bit naive to think that if this issue was solved in other products already, then it is automatic that it will be applied to the newer models as well, but I hope for the best.
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mese Posted at 10-9 13:35
Thanks for the reply! I know the purpose, but the phone itself shows if it is recording or not, and in silent environment that is enough.  Actually, the best would be to be able to set the volume gradually including mute option.
I was a bit naive to think that if this issue was solved in other products already, then it is automatic that it will be applied to the newer models as well, but I hope for the best.

Thank you for the additional information. We really appreciate your understanding of this matter and our designated department is now looking for it. Cheers!
2019-10-12
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-12 11:23
Thank you for the additional information. We really appreciate your understanding of this matter and our designated department is now looking for it. Cheers!

Maybe it could be an option to make the LED of the attached camera FLASH 2 times when the recording starts... It also would be more than helpful if you could not only START the camera with GESTURES but also make the recording STOP...
Take care!!

CanonMax
2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 11-28 06:25
Maybe it could be an option to make the LED of the attached camera FLASH 2 times when the recording starts... It also would be more than helpful if you could not only START the camera with GESTURES but also make the recording STOP...
Take care!!

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will take note of these suggestions of yours and will also forward it to our designated department. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-29
Use props
FRINK
lvl.1
Germany

I use my Osmo 3 on singer-songwriter concerts. The noise is disturbing. Would be great to enable a silent mode...
2019-11-29
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-29 10:05
Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will take note of these suggestions of yours and will also forward it to our designated department. Thank you for your understanding.

The FLASH is already used to make clear that the iPhone has found the subject and is in TRACKING mode (it flashes two times)... and then, after ONE flash of the LED it starts to record.
How nice it would be if the software would recognize a second gesture to STOP....
Looking forward to what your department will decide to do!

Thanks for your time to answer me... take care!
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 12-9 06:44
The FLASH is already used to make clear that the iPhone has found the subject and is in TRACKING mode (it flashes two times)... and then, after ONE flash of the LED it starts to record.
How nice it would be if the software would recognize a second gesture to STOP....
Looking forward to what your department will decide to do!

You are welcome and thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-13
Use props
aatri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222549 ft
United States

Also I have noticed the end of recording beep sound on the video. Possible delay stop of recording after the beep sounds.
2019-12-15
Use props
fans7c7b0744
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi DJI guys....great product btw. I do echo (very loudly) the need to have the option to mute the "beep" recording sound. One of the key criteria of being a photographer/videographer is to be stealthy....and the beeps just breaks the mood and is terribly annoying in a serene, romantic, sober, etc atmosphere. The other alternative is to use the phone's native camera...but that takes away many key functionalities of the gimbal. Thanks.
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_JsYOe8GjXKGS
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-3 10:34

Has this issue been fixed yet?  You say it had been forwarded to the appropriate department,  what department is that and how do we contact them to check the progress?

This issue is unacceptable and must be fixed immediately.
2020-8-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello everyone put your phone in silent mode and the beep of the recording disappears. The only beep that will remain is when the osmo is started.
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules