DJI Mimo on a Chromebook??
5767 6 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

Has anybody tried running the DJI Mimo Android app on a Chromebook? I am wondering if it will work, and specifically if it will work with the WiFi adapter. I have an old Chromebook that doesn't run Android apps, but we just got a new one at work that does. I can't install Mimo on the work Chromebook to see, and I don't have the WiFi adapter yet either, but if this combination works, it would be a good investment to get myself a new Chromebook.

2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend downloading the DJI mimo app to a mobile device that is part of our compatible list. Downloading the application to other devices may not guarantee the outcome and stabilization. You could also refer to the screenshot for the compatible device for DJI Mimo app. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-10-4
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 10-4 07:50
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend downloading the DJI mimo app to a mobile device that is part of our compatible list. Downloading the application to other devices may not guarantee the outcome and stabilization. You could also refer to the screenshot for the compatible device for DJI Mimo app. We do appreciate your understanding.

[view_image]

I'm not sure what version of Android would be on the Chromebook, but it would be good if it worked as a live view app if nothing else.
2019-10-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

The DJI Mimo app doesn't appear in the Play Store on my Chromebook, but it's one without a touchscreen, and that means not all apps will install.
2019-10-4
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-4 13:20
The DJI Mimo app doesn't appear in the Play Store on my Chromebook, but it's one without a touchscreen, and that means not all apps will install.

Thanks for responding. The Chromebook at work doesn't have one either so it may not show up on that one either (not that I could use that one anyway).
Maybe somebody has tried it successfully on a touchscreen version. TBH I didn't even know there were touchscreen versions of Chromebooks. Mine is one of the original Samsung ones and getting one at work that can install Android apps and has USB C is what made me think about the possibility in the first place.
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TheCameraLens Posted at 10-4 09:05
I'm not sure what version of Android would be on the Chromebook, but it would be good if it worked as a live view app if nothing else.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need with regard to this matter. Again, we do appreciate your understanding.
2019-10-5
Use props
ldelvigne
New

Belgium

Greetings from Belgium

I have the Lenovo Duet, a very nice Chromebook with touchscreen ! Super portable for commuter and for casual Android gamer.
- Chrome OS 88 + Android 9.0 "emulation".

I can confirm that DJI apps are not displayed on the Play Store.
2021-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules