What symptom with this OP weird action?
1184 14 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
auronthas
lvl.1

Hi, I am newbie here, my OP newly bought less than one month but has given me weird reaction as following: -

1) My OP keep changing video, photo mode when it's power on when no recording/idle.
2) During video recording, sometimes it goes re-center, then flip 180 degree, without touching any button. Then sometimes, it shut down by itself, then restart, then repeat.

Firmware V1.0.9.  What's wrong with this OP?  I have done gimbal re-calibration and factory reset. Problem persist.  Kindy advise what should I do next.

2019-10-3
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

You need to contact DJI customer support or take it back to store/seller you got it from.  Sounds like a buggy unit you received.
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day auronthas. I am sorry for the trouble with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assiatance. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for understanding and for your support.
2019-10-4
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>

Less than one month old.......return to store, get a new one.
2019-10-6
Use props
auronthas
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 08:29
Hello and good day auronthas. I am sorry for the trouble with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assiatance. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for understanding and for your support.

Hi Stephen, I bought this unit from Malaysia (Thunder Match Technology) , I am not sure if they are authorized seller from DJI.  

Is the above DJI Customer Support link works for me?  If yes,  I will post my OP inquiry/symptom with proof of purchase to DJI Customer Support.
2019-10-6
Use props
auronthas
lvl.1

Toedles Posted at 10-6 13:48
Less than one month old.......return to store, get a new one.

Thanks for replying, I wish the store can replace a new one. But I doubt so in my country.
2019-10-6
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>

auronthas Posted at 10-6 19:18
Thanks for replying, I wish the store can replace a new one. But I doubt so in my country.

You should have a guarantee on the product therefore I’d think that they have to honour it....
2019-10-6
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

Sounds to me like a problem with the power/function switch as all things that are happening are controlled by that.
2019-10-6
Use props
auronthas
lvl.1

TheCameraLens Posted at 10-6 19:51
Sounds to me like a problem with the power/function switch as all things that are happening are controlled by that.

I suspect that too. It could be also touch screen problem... Because without touching the two buttons, it will automatically turn 180 degree, shutdown, restart, repeat routine.
2019-10-6
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

auronthas Posted at 10-6 22:20
I suspect that too. It could be also touch screen problem... Because without touching the two buttons, it will automatically turn 180 degree, shutdown, restart, repeat routine.

It could be that the switch is shorting causing it to act like it has been pressed.
2019-10-7
Use props
auronthas
lvl.1

TheCameraLens Posted at 10-7 04:08
It could be that the switch is shorting causing it to act like it has been pressed.

I think so, it could be moisturize on my OP as I brought them for traveling and close to waterfalls.

Good news to share, I have kept my OP in camera dehumidifier box for couple of days and fully charged them yesterday,  after two sessions of 4 minutes  video recording, it seems my OP is working normally.

Will try again every day on different mode, photo, time lapse, motionlapse, hyperlapse to confirm.  I hope need not to send back for repair...
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

auronthas Posted at 10-6 19:16
Hi Stephen, I bought this unit from Malaysia (Thunder Match Technology) , I am not sure if they are authorized seller from DJI.  

Is the above DJI Customer Support link works for me?  If yes,  I will post my OP inquiry/symptom with proof of purchase to DJI Customer Support.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared auronthas. Please send an email at support@dji.com for further assistance and help with regards to this issue that we are facing with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.
2019-10-8
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

auronthas Posted at 10-7 19:47
I think so, it could be moisturize on my OP as I brought them for traveling and close to waterfalls.

Good news to share, I have kept my OP in camera dehumidifier box for couple of days and fully charged them yesterday,  after two sessions of 4 minutes  video recording, it seems my OP is working normally.

That is great news. I hope that fixes the problem for you.
2019-10-8
Use props
auronthas
lvl.1

TheCameraLens Posted at 10-8 08:48
That is great news. I hope that fixes the problem for you.

Thanks, but my OP's problem came back again last Friday, and I have no choice but to send it to the wholesaler where i bought for service/repair.

Seriously they should give me one-to-one exchange for just a month old unit.
2019-10-15
Use props
auronthas
lvl.1
Malaysia

auronthas Posted at 10-15 22:17
Thanks, but my OP's problem came back again last Friday, and I have no choice but to send it to the wholesaler where i bought for service/repair.

Seriously they should give me one-to-one exchange for just a month old unit.

Sad day, my Osmo pocket is not under warranty as they claimed water/moisture inside my unit , condensation issue?   They quoted me the repairing cost is USD 250, ridiculous high. Not going to repair it.
2019-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules