Connect Mavic 2 Zoom controller to DJI Flight Simulator?
2919 4 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harryajh
lvl.1

Appreciate this was asked below but just trying to get a definitive answer so,
I've installed DJI Flight Simulator on Windows 10 and connected my Mavic 2 Zoom controller by USB cable to the PC.

I was expecting as soon as I plugged it to see the usual "new hardware detected. installing driver etc...", all I get though is if the controller's off, "charging", on, "connecting" - the simulator runs fine so am I doing something wrong or does it just not work?

If I have to buy some other drone simulator software with compatible controller to learn to fly my zoom I will but surely DJI's flagship product is compatible with this software?

thanks in advance

2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We highly understand that you would like to use the remote controller to the DJI Flight simulator for you to be familiarized the aircraft and be able to practice the drone. However, I'm afraid that the remote controller of the Mavic 2 Zoom is not compatible with our DJI Flight simulator, not unless, you'll be using the Smart controller. We do appreciate your understanding with regard to this matter. Please see the screenshot below.

2019-10-4
Use props
harryajh
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 10-4 10:40
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We highly understand that you would like to use the remote controller to the DJI Flight simulator for you to be familiarized the aircraft and be able to practice the drone. However, I'm afraid that the remote controller of the Mavic 2 Zoom is not compatible with our DJI Flight simulator, not unless, you'll be using the Smart controller. We do appreciate your understanding with regard to this matter. Please see the screenshot below.

[view_image]

I appreciate your reply but still find it staggering you don't support one of your flagship controllers, so I can buy a Smart Controller for another £600 or one + software for a completely different Drone - not impressed at all!

Are there any plans to support in the pipeline?
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

harryajh Posted at 10-5 00:07
I appreciate your reply but still find it staggering you don't support one of your flagship controllers, so I can buy a Smart Controller for another £600 or one + software for a completely different Drone - not impressed at all!

Are there any plans to support in the pipeline?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The smart controller on our store can be purchased separately if you would like to have one. You could change the country prior to purchasing the check the amount of this on your currency. As of the moment, we don't have information if the regular remote controller would be supported when using the Flight Simulator, however, if there will be changes, this would be promulgated on our website. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience and we do appreciate your understanding.
2019-10-8
Use props
dm3440
New

United Kingdom

Is there any update on this from DJI? I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and tried using the simulator but my controller won't connect !!
2020-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules