Mavic Air self rotating
1831 12 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryofWV
lvl.1

I recently traded my Phantom 4 for a Mavic Air. Everything works fine on it except it rotates slowly clockwise while it hovers.
I have calibrated the IMU, the compass and the controller.

Anything else I can try?

2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JerryofWV. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists? Also, may we also know if you have received any error message in the DJI Go 4 application when the drone starts to rotate in the air? I would recommend you to check the firmware of the drone if you have the latest firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-10-4
Use props
JerryofWV
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 08:53
Hello and good day JerryofWV. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists? Also, may we also know if you have received any error message in the DJI Go 4 application when the drone starts to rotate in the air? I would recommend you to check the firmware of the drone if you have the latest firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

I updated the firmware, tried different locations and do not get any error messages.
2019-10-4
Use props
JerryofWV
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 08:53
Hello and good day JerryofWV. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists? Also, may we also know if you have received any error message in the DJI Go 4 application when the drone starts to rotate in the air? I would recommend you to check the firmware of the drone if you have the latest firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

I updated the firmware, tried different locations and do not get any error messages.
2019-10-4
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

You might try to calibrate your RC sticks? That me be inducing that bit of yaw.
Does the arrow on the radar match the orientation of the AC?

2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JerryofWV Posted at 10-4 09:02

Thank you for the quick response JerryofWV. Please try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Air to see if the said issue will still persist. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to calibrate the remote controller of the said drone. Thank you.

2019-10-4
Use props
JerryofWV
lvl.1

I calibrated the sticks 4 times. Yes the arrow on the remote matches the direction of the drone.
2019-10-4
Use props
JerryofWV
lvl.1

What’s up DJI? No solutions to fix my Air?
2019-10-9
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2562 ft

Had similar problem. My drone just flight backwards. I decide to return it back to the seller under warranty.
2019-10-10
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

You've got a pretty rare problem if your controller/IMU/Compass are all OK and you see no errors in the app while this is happening. Just to confirm did you Upgrade/refresh the firmware on both the drone and the controller ? You could try the following but i doubt it will make a difference. 1. Connect the drone to DJI assistant 2 and reset to factory defaults. 2. In the DJI GO 4 APP under advanced settings select "Reset Gain & Expo Tuning". 3. Check your Propellers, make sure they are official DJI, that they are attached correctly and that they have no damage. With that being sound it definitely sounds like your craft is faulty.
2019-10-10
Use props
Adventures in Oz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Hi mine behaves strange like this also, doesnt matter what mode im in, if i push forwards on right stick it will rise or veer left or right at random, if i recaibrate the controller it stops for a short period of time then starts doing it again, have refreshed firmwares have tried atti and sports mode both do it same as normal mode if i turn apas off it still does it or if its on. Its behavior is like the sticks are sending random up or down or left or right commands from time to time
2019-10-30
Use props
JerryofWV
lvl.1

United States

I contacted DJI technical support. They advised me to send it in for repair. DJI repaired/replaced it at no cost. Problem fixed.
2019-11-2
Use props
Adventures in Oz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Nice, might have to open a ticket
2019-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules