Offline Maps
2123 4 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft

I am really missing the Offline Maps Feature - i had Offline Maps on the APP until APP Version 4.1.18 - i flew Monthes with that Version the Spark. After buying also a Mavic 2 i must upgrade to the newest up and to be honest, that is a very big step back.
One example, last year i traveld to the Balkan Region - i downloaded Offline Maps of complete Countrys (Greek, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, and so on) to the 4.1.18 APP and had never a problem.

With that new APP these Option is completly gone ... the Google Maps Implementation is horror. Downloading a small region .. i tried to prepare the Flight Mobile Device with all region parts for my next Trip to Sardegna but this is still not possible .. first of all the Region is sooo small and second after Downloading 6 -7 Regions it's over. getting only error Messages "The size of the downloaded maps has exceeded the server capacity. Please delete unnecessary maps and try again".

For me is the DJI Product complete broken without the Map feature ... Home Point recorded pleas check ... how should i check without any Map any more ? And flying with LTE on couldn't be the solution and is for traveling to expensive.

2019-10-4
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2

Seems i am the only one missing the Offline Map Feature for whole Countrys. Is everybody else flying with Mobile Dataconnections on for that ? How you deal with that on Holidaytrips ?
2019-10-7
Use props
The5harrelsons
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1712979 ft
United States

I am feed up with how DJI takes options away then gives the crappy option to download a tiny spec of a map.  I like to travel around and want maids map than just my neighborhood.  I have the P4P+ model and since I updated it and restarted it I have no map and it says it is downloading but it has been saying it for an hour.
I think I have finally given up on DJI because I think they have given up on the consumer.
2019-10-25
Use props
The5harrelsons
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1712979 ft
United States

I am feed up with how DJI takes options away then gives the crappy option to download a tiny spec of a map.  I like to travel around and want maids map than just my neighborhood.  I have the P4P+ model and since I updated it and restarted it I have no map and it says it is downloading but it has been saying it for an hour.
I think I have finally given up on DJI because I think they have given up on the consumer.
2019-10-25
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Germany

I am still back from a 10 Day trip to Italy and can say that Offline Maps thing is absolut stupid and unusable. On every Flight place enable Dataconnection getting the Map around - but if you somewhere near a lake 10km far away from next village there is no Data Connection - or try Maps with EDGE Connection. As long as we getting not that offline Maps thing back i must call that DJI GO APP Crap.

Another thing i am faced, first travel with my Mavic 2 and on every place i try to Fly i had to calibrate the Compas. Never must do that on my Spark.  From Release to Release things going bad not better ;-(
2019-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules