#Review DJI/Ryze Tello (2018 model?)
7553 16 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

I tried looking about on the forums and didn't see a review for the Tello so I figured I might as well make one. So far I've had my Tello for around a year now, it's lightweight, stable, and takes some great photos and videos. I wouldn't recommend flying it in high winds (although I have as there are some winds just too strong for its motors to handle. For something so light the Tello is surprisingly durable, I've crashed it multiple times and it still runs great. The $99 price tag is surprising for such a good drone as I believe the drone would have cost more than that. The battery lasts around 15 minutes and the Fly More Combo comes with three of these and a convenient charging hub that can charge all three safely. The controls (in the app or when using a controller) are quite easy to understand and even new pilots could pick them up quickly. I highly recommend this drone to anyone. Young or old, this drone provides lots of fun and features at a good price.
2019-10-4
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

Here's a photo I took on my Tello. It was my first outdoor photo too.
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience with your Tello drone to us also the fantastic capture that you had provided. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Very nice review
2019-10-9
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

Thank you!
2019-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

My pleasure!
2019-10-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great review, nice to read. Thanks for sharing
2019-10-17
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

Thanks! I suppose I need to get some fall weather photos once the weather is good out.
2019-10-24
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

Received a rather disappointing message the other day, I ended up sending in my Tello since one of my motors suddenly died and apparently there is only a six-month warranty on it. Now I have to either pay $68 for repairs or I won't have my drone anymore! Of course, I can afford it but I am just disappointed that my drone decided to fail after the warranty period had ended. Still, love the drone though, never going to go back on that.
2019-10-30
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

BA Drone Dude Posted at 10-30 10:00
Received a rather disappointing message the other day, I ended up sending in my Tello since one of my motors suddenly died and apparently there is only a six-month warranty on it. Now I have to either pay $68 for repairs or I won't have my drone anymore! Of course, I can afford it but I am just disappointed that my drone decided to fail after the warranty period had ended. Still, love the drone though, never going to go back on that.

I just got one as a Christmas gift for a nephew.
2019-12-23
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

JohnK48 Posted at 2019-12-23 18:10
I just got one as a Christmas gift for a nephew.

They are really good drones, DJI ended up sending mine back after I refused the repair cost. Just be careful not to get the motors stuck. I still recommend the drone of course, it is worth the cost and as it turns out the parts are cheap. I wish your nephew happy flying his new drone and I am sure I will get the drone repaired one way or another sooner or later.
2020-1-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great review.
2020-3-27
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

Thank you! I may not be able to fly it currently since one of the motors broke during a weather-related mishap, but it still has proven itself to be worth it. I mean I love the quality of the pictures it took and how easily controllable it is.
2020-4-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

BA Drone Dude Posted at 4-21 12:22
Thank you! I may not be able to fly it currently since one of the motors broke during a weather-related mishap, but it still has proven itself to be worth it. I mean I love the quality of the pictures it took and how easily controllable it is.

Hope you get it fixed soon.
2020-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent review
2020-7-4
Use props
BA Drone Dude