1147 15 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>

Hello,

Sparky had a big crash. Sparky survived. This video follows up “A DJI Spark Story” and gives an update on the “health” of my DJI Spark. I go in to more details on why the crash happened, how you can prevent a similar crash, what damage occurred and how my Spark is doing in general. Make sure you watch to the end to see some of the footage I captured after my Spark got back in the air.
Thanks for watching!

2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for sharing this video and for sharing your experience with us. These video will be a very big help to all our DJI co pilots in safely flying there DJI drones and on what to do if they experince the samething. If you have any issues with your DJI Spark in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-10-4
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Thanks for the update. Cheers from Kingston
2019-10-4
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft

Hi SCoutts

Being an electronic engineer let me tell you: forget about the trouble with the rice. It simply does not work. It does not remove humidity where it needs to be removed (from the PCB and electrical contacts).
It even makes things worse having rice corns and dust in the motors and gimbal bearings.
That rice thing is a false rumour since ever.
Putting everything in a bag is even worse. That way the humidity stays in the bag. No, the rice does not pickup and keep substancial amounts of water vapour.

The tip putting wet Sparky up on the dashboard on a sunny day is right though. Hot air keeps a lot more moisture than cold air, thats why it works.
Together with quick removal of batteries from the bird, that's the things that saved your spark.

Glad your Sparky survived!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the followup!
2019-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

Wolferl Posted at 10-5 01:30
Hi SCoutts

Being an electronic engineer let me tell you: forget about the trouble with the rice. It simply does not work. It does not remove humidity where it needs to be removed (from the PCB and electrical contacts).

Thanks for the tips!
Hope I never need them
2019-10-5
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 13:11
Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for sharing this video and for sharing your experience with us. These video will be a very big help to all our DJI co pilots in safely flying there DJI drones and on what to do if they experince the samething. If you have any issues with your DJI Spark in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.

Thanks very much! I appreciate you guys!
2019-10-5
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 13:11
Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for sharing this video and for sharing your experience with us. These video will be a very big help to all our DJI co pilots in safely flying there DJI drones and on what to do if they experince the samething. If you have any issues with your DJI Spark in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-10-5
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-4 13:37
Thanks for the update. Cheers from Kingston

Thanks for watching and cheer from Calgary!
2019-10-5
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wolferl Posted at 10-5 01:30
Hi SCoutts

Well, good to know. It's just always worked so I've just followed the same process. As you point out, it was likely the heat and not the rice doing the trick. I'm sure leaving it untouched for 48 hours contributes.
2019-10-5
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-5 10:54
Thanks for the followup!

For sure, thanks for watching!
2019-10-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft

SCoutts Posted at 10-5 19:02
Well, good to know. It's just always worked so I've just followed the same process. As you point out, it was likely the heat and not the rice doing the trick. I'm sure leaving it untouched for 48 hours contributes.

Hi SCoutts,

Yes, patience is the key here. If the innerds are not fully dried up, corrosion will kick in and destroy the thing in short order.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-10-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Great to know that, thanks for sharing
2019-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

SCoutts Posted at 10-5 19:02
For sure, thanks for watching!

My pleasure!
2019-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SCoutts Posted at 10-5 18:58

You are very much welcome SCoutts. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SCoutts Posted at 10-5 18:58

You are very much welcome SCoutts. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules