Ronin SC Lock Mode without holding button
14293 21 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kinetiscape
lvl.1

It seems there is no way to set up the Ronin SC to stay in lock mode without holding the button.  This is the mode I want most often, and was a standard mode on the Zhiyun gimbals.  On the Ronin S, they recommend turning off Smoothtrack for all axes, but Smoothtrack doesn't exist for the SC, as far as I can tell.  Any help appreciated.
2019-10-4
Use props
Kinetiscape
lvl.1

So far my solution is a rubber band that holds the lock button down, but it's ridiculous to have to resort to this.
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry that this Lock mode would only work while holding the trigger button. I would consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support!
2019-10-5
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

Having it like a lockable trigger would also be nice, so press the trigger once it gets enabled and then press it another time after you don't need it anymore and it gets disabled.
2019-10-6
Use props
Kinetiscape
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-5 07:55
Hi, we're sorry that this Lock mode would only work while holding the trigger button. I would consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support!

And how would I submit such a suggestion?
2019-12-4
Use props
UGLYBRUCY
New
France

Hi ! I've the same problem so I decided to go through the DJI RONIN app's settings and I found something ! This isn't call "lock mode" but it do the job. So, first of all, you need to connect your DJI RONIN SC to the app, go to "User Profile" select one of the three mode, which you want, click on the drop-down menu and select "Customized", lastly, on the left you got a draw of your gimbal and here, and all you have to do is to deactivate the motors by clicking on them (they have to be gray and not white/blue)and voila ! I hope I explain clearly cause I'm a 16yo French boy and my English is
2020-1-8
Use props
UGLYBRUCY
New
France

Hi ! I've the same problem so I decided to go through the DJI RONIN app's settings and I found something ! This isn't call "lock mode" but it do the job. So, first of all, you need to connect your DJI RONIN SC to the app, go to "User Profile" select one of the three mode, which you want, click on the drop-down menu and select "Customized", lastly, on the left you got a draw of your gimbal and here, and all you have to do is to deactivate the motors by clicking on them (they have to be gray and not white/blue)and voila ! I hope I explain clearly cause I'm a 16yo French boy and my English is
2020-1-8
Use props
Kinetiscape
lvl.1
United States

This doesn't work for me.  If the gimbal is upright it does, but once you lay it down (like holding a traditional flashlight) it pans when you turn your hand.  I want a true lock mode, where the gimbal is locked all the time, no matter what I do.  I have no idea why this would not be a default mode, as it is on the Zhiyun gimbals.  
2020-1-8
Use props
UGLYBRUCY
New
France

Kinetiscape Posted at 1-8 13:44
This doesn't work for me.  If the gimbal is upright it does, but once you lay it down (like holding a traditional flashlight) it pans when you turn your hand.  I want a true lock mode, where the gimbal is locked all the time, no matter what I do.  I have no idea why this would not be a default mode, as it is on the Zhiyun gimbals.

I do a small tutorial : https://youtu.be/gXJS_NQt-sM  ,tell me if it’s work !
2020-1-8
Use props
Kinetiscape
lvl.1
United States

In your tutorial you aren't doing the thing that makes the gimbal pan.  Try tipping the handle down to fully horizontal and then turning it side to side.  It will pan the camera.  I want it to remain locked, always.
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_oD3Q1hlGFMTQ
New
United States

This is a feature I also desperately need.  When in flashlight mode its really hard to keep the camera from panning. It would be a lot easier if there was a way to lock orientation without holding the trigger.
2020-6-15
Use props
Kinetiscape
lvl.1
United States

I think I found a way. You just have to buy a Zhiyun gimbal.
2020-6-15
Use props
MilkyP
New
United States

Ha. Not a great solution to this problem.
2020-6-15
Use props
erek54
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-10-5 07:55
Hi, we're sorry that this Lock mode would only work while holding the trigger button. I would consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support!

Hello, I have the problem fixed? I also want to do the same with apk and joystick! I need it very much !!! I hope a solution will be found as soon as possible
2020-8-18
Use props
erek54
lvl.1
Turkey

Kinetiscape Posted at 1-9 05:31
In your tutorial you aren't doing the thing that makes the gimbal pan.  Try tipping the handle down to fully horizontal and then turning it side to side.  It will pan the camera.  I want it to remain locked, always.

Hello, Did you find a solution?
2020-8-18
Use props
Kinetiscape
lvl.1
United States

erek54 Posted at 8-18 14:21
Hello, Did you find a solution?

If buying a Zhiyun gimbal isn't a solution, then no, I haven't found one.  I can't believe this isn't a standard feature.  I pulled out my old Crane 2 the other day and it was so refreshing to have this ability again.
2020-8-18
Use props
erek54
lvl.1
Turkey

Kinetiscape Posted at 8-18 14:29
If buying a Zhiyun gimbal isn't a solution, then no, I haven't found one.  I can't believe this isn't a standard feature.  I pulled out my old Crane 2 the other day and it was so refreshing to have this ability again.

Thanks for your answer. I can't believe they couldn't or did not make such a simple software change: ((
2020-8-18
Use props
djiuser_uUGBSbaLYGSv
New

Turkey

In the last update, ronin sc lock mode does not work when I press the trigger, how do I solve the problem
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_uUGBSbaLYGSv
New

Turkey

In the last update, ronin sc lock mode does not work when I press the trigger, how do I solve the problem
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_uUGBSbaLYGSv
New

Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-10-5 07:55
Hi, we're sorry that this Lock mode would only work while holding the trigger button. I would consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support!

2020-9-11
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Press the M button might do the trick
2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_gLvdhE5kJgWg
New

Australia

Flybee Posted at 2020-10-9 07:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzGwe3OsUg

Press the M button might do the trick

that just switches the mode; what setting do we use in the app to get this effect?
2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules