Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Almost crashed
666 6 2019-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20610 ft

Had an interesting experience happen to me and my Mavic. I think it was the Mavic, it couldn’t have been me. So, at our camp site I saw that there was a covered bridge near by. I had Kate walk through the bridge while I flew the drone through the bridge past her. Lots of hanging wires and wooden beams inside. So, after 3 or 4 tries I started to fly the drone back to where I was. I turned the drone around and got a low battery warning and a RTH (return to home) indication. Being it was inside the bridge, the drone started its climb and I stoped it just short of the ceiling by lowering the power. I pulled the power to land but the drone would only go down to about 6 feet. When I let up on the control the drone started to climb again. This went on 3 times. I then lowered the drone as low as it would go and tried to grab it. Every time it jerked away from me. Finally I got a good grip from the side and turned it 90 degrees sideways till the motors stoped. Wow, safe again.

2019-10-5
Use props
fans9b28d06a
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>

i like to use the PAUSE button in an emergency until i can figure out what i should do
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BobW. Thank you for sharing your previous flight experience with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. It is great to know that everything is fine after this said flight. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.
2019-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>

Yes it was all you fault, flying under a bridge with low battery that’s an easy one don’t do and expect Rth to kick in, your lucky you didn’t lose signal under bridge because you would not have been able to stop the drone climbing.

Craft will not land if it thinks ground underneath it is not safe, I think this is maybe it would not land at first.

Every time you tried to grab it the sensors spotted this and moved away from what it thought was an obstacle ie your hand, in order to hand catch you need to switch off sensors or try to grab craft without coming close to sensors.

2019-10-7
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

You should post the log from your flight here so we can see what happened and comment on it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-10-7
Use props
BobW
lvl.3

hallmark007 Posted at 10-7 09:00
Yes it was all you fault, flying under a bridge with low battery that’s an easy one don’t do and expect Rth to kick in, your lucky you didn’t lose signal under bridge because you would not have been able to stop the drone climbing.

Craft will not land if it thinks ground underneath it is not safe, I think this is maybe it would not land at first.

Really hard to do anything but keep it from climbing by moving the left stick all the way down. Yes, the drone could see I was trying to grab it from the bottom, but, from the side was the only way I got it.
2019-10-7
Use props
BobW
lvl.3

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 10-7 11:42
You should post the log from your flight here so we can see what happened and comment on it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I will do this when I get home from the trip we're on.
2019-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules