Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging batteries in the field
748 9 2019-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans71d4df0c

I have Ravpower 27000mah and Mavic 2.
I try to charge my Mavic 2 batteries with AC Outlet of Ravpower but it seems Ravpower charges for ten seconds then cuts off electricity and blinking all blue leds. I repeat this process but charging keeps couple of seconds only.

Ravpower 27000mah AC output can power for any device up to 70W and 4.5A (seems supply adequate charging for Mavic batteries)
Has anyone tested this and succeeded with similar combination?

2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the said powerbank or what is the best way in charging your DJI intelligent flight batteries in the field. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend using 3rd party devices when charging your DJI intelligent flight batteries. These 3rd party devices might affect the said batteries when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party powerbanks will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all when charging your DJI intelligent flight batteries. Thank you.
2019-10-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

So,   I have a pure sine wave 400watt Inverter connected to a 12v DEEP CYCLE Marine Battery........anything less...NO BUENO

I can charge 6 P4Pro Batteries with this no problem......this is over a 4-6 hour period.

Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-CPI ... s%2C200&sr=8-11

Randy
2019-10-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>

So,   I have a pure sine wave 400watt Inverter connected to a 12v DEEP CYCLE Marine Battery........anything less...NO BUENO

I can charge 6 P4Pro Batteries with this no problem......this is over a 4-6 hour period.

Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-CPI ... s%2C200&sr=8-11

Randy
2019-10-5
Use props
fans71d4df0c

Thanks for info.
Anything above 100 watt is restricted for lithium-ion batteries to be brought on flights, so my options are limited to be under 100w.
2019-10-6
Use props
Paul_
Captain

fans71d4df0c Posted at 10-6 01:31
Thanks for info.
Anything above 100 watt is restricted for lithium-ion batteries to be brought on flights, so my options are limited to be under 100w.

Following note from their web site.

Note:
1.Would not power up a device categorized as inductive loads with 50W rated power. As the reactive power of a device categorized as inductive loads with 50W rated power could be several times of its rated power to start.
2.If you have any question about the usage, please contact RAVPower customer support for more information.
3.To turn ON the AC power supply, hold the power button for 8 seconds.

Suspect you are also overlooking the startup surge the charger is going to draw at power up.
2019-10-6
Use props
fans71d4df0c

Paul_ Posted at 10-6 04:40
Following note from their web site.

Note:

Thanks for info.
I found this smaller unit Mophie 22000mAh, also on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/mophie-External-Battery-Universal-Smartphones/dp/B078GYSBVR/?tag=androidpolice-20
And no notice about inductive loads. But i'm not sure if it works or not. I dont want to be a tester. Hope someone will confirm if it works...
2019-10-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>

Thanks for info.
Anything above 100 watt is restricted for lithium-ion batteries to be brought on flights, so my options are limited to be under 100w.

The 400 watt Inverter,  that rating is max power output once connected to a power supply, and has nothing to do with the LiPo battery wattage for travel........
2019-10-6
Use props
MedicFL1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for info.
Anything above 100 watt is restricted for lithium-ion batteries to be brought on flights, so my options are limited to be under 100w.

The FAA is talking about the Batteries only. The Charger is not restricted.
2019-10-14
Use props
Paul_
Captain

MedicFL1 Posted at 10-14 15:12
The FAA is talking about the Batteries only. The Charger is not restricted.

I'm afraid the OP either has no knowledge of electronics, or is just trolling.
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules