Keep DJI Drone powered on while downloading firmware???
1812 2 2019-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
singgiha
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3583675 ft

DJI-Update.jpg

As the title above, what is exactly the point of keeping the DJI Device powered on while firmware is being downloaded???
Owh... yes of course, so the DJI Assistant can recognize what device you are connecting. That's it???
Can't we just turn it off for a while and then turn it on again after the download finished to continue the upgrade process??
Whats is the real reason we are draining out the battery for nothing??

May be you are all have very reliable good internet connection.... but here in my place is different story... i have tried 3 internet providers and they are just the same.
Or may be the problem is in your server, who knows??? Since i could download any other stuffs smoothly using the same connections.

I experienced draining 2 batteries for nothing, since the firmware download was finished after my battery run out below 30%, that's why the DJI assistant would not go for the next step.... and yes... where is the downloaded firmware that just been done 100% by the DJI assistant? Can we keep it while i charge my battery and continue updating process afterward?? The answer is "NO, YOU HAVE TO START DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN OVER AND OVER..."....

Hello DJI, could you just design those UPDATE PROCEDURE more reliable for everyone regardless the internet connetion speed they got ???

2019-10-5
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft

You have a real problem there, but it would be easier for every user to be able to download the firmware without the aircraft powered up.
2019-10-6
Use props
singgiha
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3583675 ft
Indonesia

jyc Posted at 10-6 03:16
You have a real problem there, but it would be easier for every user to be able to download the firmware without the aircraft powered up.

obviously, DJI have to cover any user's limitation such as internet connection... as every electronics devices brands, they always provide "offline firmware upgrade procedure", not only OTA (over the air).
2019-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules