Still photography
937 17 2019-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Can the Osmo pocket replace a good 'point and shoot" camera?
2019-10-6
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Sure, but not in low light.
2019-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket doesn't just let you shoot smooth, cinematic footage. With access to several intelligent functions like ActiveTrack, Motionlapse, and 3x3 Panorama, DJI Osmo Pocket unleashes your creativity with impressive effects that are impossible with smartphones and other cameras. In addition the DJI Osmo Pocket enhances the photography experience with intuitive functions and allows total customization. Pro mode lets you manually adjust camera parameters like exposure, ISO, and shutter speed. Powerful imaging capabilities also capture RAW format photos and D-Cinelike videos, retaining rich detail and allowing more room for post-processing. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the specifications and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-10-6
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-6 08:42
Hello and good day ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket doesn't just let you shoot smooth, cinematic footage. With access to several intelligent functions like ActiveTrack, Motionlapse, and 3x3 Panorama, DJI Osmo Pocket unleashes your creativity with impressive effects that are impossible with smartphones and other cameras. In addition the DJI Osmo Pocket enhances the photography experience with intuitive functions and allows total customization. Pro mode lets you manually adjust camera parameters like exposure, ISO, and shutter speed. Powerful imaging capabilities also capture RAW format photos and D-Cinelike videos, retaining rich detail and allowing more room for post-processing. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the specifications and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thank you for the info Stephen. Cheers
2019-10-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer

If photography is your main interest, stick with the point and shoot.
2019-10-6
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft

No, In my humble opinion. It has a limited dynamic range. Having said that, it is a great piece of kit.
2019-10-6
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

It depends on what you want to use it for. The Osmo Pocket when used in combination with RAW format can take photos that are far superior to the Panasonic GH2 I also own when it comes to handheld wide angle shots. The Osmo can’t match other cameras for flexibility though as you can’t zoom in or out. The Osmo picture quality leaves my Canon Elph 360 in the dust. I have taken photos at night that look great, so it is possible. y just have to use RAW format
2019-10-6
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

It depends on what you want to use it for. The Osmo Pocket when used in combination with RAW format can take photos that are far superior to the Panasonic GH2 I also own when it comes to handheld wide angle shots. The Osmo can’t match other cameras for flexibility though as you can’t zoom in or out. The Osmo picture quality leaves my Canon Elph 360 in the dust. I have taken photos at night that look great, so it is possible. You just have to use RAW format.
2019-10-6
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

TheCameraLens Posted at 10-6 19:46
It depends on what you want to use it for. The Osmo Pocket when used in combination with RAW format can take photos that are far superior to the Panasonic GH2 I also own when it comes to handheld wide angle shots. The Osmo can’t match other cameras for flexibility though as you can’t zoom in or out. The Osmo picture quality leaves my Canon Elph 360 in the dust. I have taken photos at night that look great, so it is possible. You just have to use RAW format.

Thank you for your advice. Cheers
2019-10-7
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4

These are two photos I took with osmo pocket and I have to say the quality is as good as any point and shoot I’ve used
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

Robb OConnor Posted at 10-7 05:03
[view_image] [view_image]
These are two photos I took with osmo pocket and I have to say the quality is as good as any point and shoot I’ve used

Those are great pictures, than you!
2019-10-7
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4

ssylca44 Posted at 10-7 05:20
Those are great pictures, than you!

To be honest the osmo pocket never ceases to amaze with the quality it can produce and the great thing is you can carry it around with you at all times. I would definitely recommend it and I’m still getting to grips with it myself. I love it
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

Robb OConnor Posted at 10-7 05:55
To be honest the osmo pocket never ceases to amaze with the quality it can produce and the great thing is you can carry it around with you at all times. I would definitely recommend it and I’m still getting to grips with it myself. I love it

I need to replace my Nikon Coolpix (12.1 Mega Pix) and thought that the Osmo Pocket might be a good choice.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ssylca44 Posted at 10-6 08:51
Thank you for the info Stephen. Cheers

You are very much welcome ssylca44. Please stay safe always and keep on filming. .
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 12:48
You are very much welcome ssylca44. Please stay safe always and keep on filming.  .

thank you Stephen, greetings to you.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ssylca44 Posted at 10-7 13:41
thank you Stephen, greetings to you.

It is always my pleasure to read your post and see your creations ssylca44. Thank you for the greetings as well. .
2019-10-8
Use props
DreaLamb
lvl.1

It takes pretty great photos.
2019-10-10
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4

Robb OConnor Posted at 10-7 05:03
[view_image] [view_image]

Nice and sharp photos.
2019-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules