Refresh, DJi Select and repairs and care coupon
1151 3 2019-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb28ffd66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247733 ft

OK I am one of those people who bought my drone with the replacement policy and had to use it once in the first year then renewed with Refresh for another year. If appears to me that my additional year may have ended September 18, 2019 or thereabout. Unfortunately my drone went into the water on the 5th of October 2019. So guess I just miss the deadline? No slack there right? I DO have the DJi Select and was interested if this would be of any benefit to me as far as repairs and shipping? I was planning a trip to Colorado on the 23rd of this month and would be there until the 28th. Any way it could be repaired and shipped there while I was still in Colorado? Does my 50% Care coupon help at all? I love the Mavic and would love to upgrade but just cannot at this time. If it is going to cost too much to repair then maybe I will look at the refurbished one? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
2019-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, for water-damaged aircraft, we only provided replacement service instead of repair services if the product is sent in. If your DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh+ all have been expired, you will need to pay for the replacement. 50% Care coupon means you will get a 50% discount of DJI Care Refresh and OSMO Shield for consumer products when purchasing with a DJI Care, DJI Care Refresh, and OSMO Shield plan on the same order. It has nothing to do with the repair service.
Where would you like to send it back? If you send in from one place in the US and then request us to send it back to Colorado, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support in advance before we ship back.
2019-10-6
Use props
fansb28ffd66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247733 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-6 18:48
Hi there, for water-damaged aircraft, we only provided replacement service instead of repair services if the product is sent in. If your DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh+ all have been expired, you will need to pay for the replacement. 50% Care coupon means you will get a 50% discount of DJI Care Refresh and OSMO Shield for consumer products when purchasing with a DJI Care, DJI Care Refresh, and OSMO Shield plan on the same order. It has nothing to do with the repair service.
Where would you like to send it back? If you send in from one place in the US and then request us to send it back to Colorado, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support in advance before we ship back.

Well I was all ready to send it in and when I went to fill in the box to describe what the issues were I thought that I would be better off if I could give you the exact verbage on the controller when it was trying to connect to the Mavic. I put a fresh battery on the drone and powered the controller and drone up and waited for the errors to show. Imagine my surprise when the controller connected AND there were no errors! I had a beautiful picture, cooling fan was running and all systems were go! I re-attached the props I had removed for shipping and went outside and it took off, updated the home point and waited for my command. I flew to 200 feet and then a 1/4 mile down the road. Camera gimble worked and everything responded perfectly! I guess I will not be sending it back after all! Thank you for all your help and thank you DJI for making such a quality drone! I would like to post my praise on social media DJI so if you have any specific links for me to use please let me know!

Just out of curiosity, I don't suppose there is any type of insurance now right? I am guessing not since I never received a notice to refresh my refresh+.

Dr. Thuss
2019-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb28ffd66 Posted at 10-13 15:19
Well I was all ready to send it in and when I went to fill in the box to describe what the issues were I thought that I would be better off if I could give you the exact verbage on the controller when it was trying to connect to the Mavic. I put a fresh battery on the drone and powered the controller and drone up and waited for the errors to show. Imagine my surprise when the controller connected AND there were no errors! I had a beautiful picture, cooling fan was running and all systems were go! I re-attached the props I had removed for shipping and went outside and it took off, updated the home point and waited for my command. I flew to 200 feet and then a 1/4 mile down the road. Camera gimble worked and everything responded perfectly! I guess I will not be sending it back after all! Thank you for all your help and thank you DJI for making such a quality drone! I would like to post my praise on social media DJI so if you have any specific links for me to use please let me know!

Just out of curiosity, I don't suppose there is any type of insurance now right? I am guessing not since I never received a notice to refresh my refresh+.

Glad to know the drone can still keep flying, but for the safety concern, we do not recommend to do this because no one knows whether is any potential problem.
We only have DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh+ service at the moment, please note our website of the future update.
2019-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules