Flight distance : 23825 ft

Great, thanks for posting.
2019-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

If only there was one mavic 2 that had the 1" sensor and zoom,  that would have been amazing.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing this aerial video you have captured using your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

M2Z is a great craft good job .
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Very good demo of the zoom, thanks
2019-10-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 02:02
If only there was one mavic 2 that had the 1" sensor and zoom,  that would have been amazing.

It would make it way heavier.  The Mavic 2 Pro does not like flying fast as the gimbal starts to tilt.  M2Z does not tilt at all as the design is great.  Most likely because they've designed the aircraft under the M2P but it's not enough when giving full sticks.
This is the design you want when you make new drones.  When it's well below tolerances.  Not like putting a Note 10 on the Osmo and it's pretty much at max limit while walking.

I assume the M2P would have to be at least 25% larger to be as smooth as the M2Z but if you want a performance AC that is what the Inspire line is for.

DJI has no competition but Skydio 2 but until that comes out of at least a year of preorders and shows to be the best, DJI will still be on top.

The Phantom line coming back with at least 13 stops of HDR at 1" and 20MP would be great.  Sure it would beat at the Inspire 2 line and the M2P but pricing it at $2.5k I assume it would sell a lot more and beat Skydio.  When they've picture bench tested the Skydio 2 to the competition, it annihilates them.  They did all the tests except night of course as the sensor is smaller.  Perhaps all the drones need a camera upgrade.  It would be nice to be able to swap the old camera with the new one on older platforms like the Inspire 1, Phantom 4, M2 without having to buy a new aircraft.  This would drive sales up as people are less likely to buy new drones because too many people are in the drone business already and new people will find out it's difficult.  Only the commercial people would buy but that is rare.  The rest would just go Skydio 2 as it's cheaper.

My drone jobs have pretty much have finished and I don't think my last drone would be the Skydio 2.

Imo, the aircraft platforms are so robust, reliable, and great that there is no need to redesign.  If they need to be redesigned all you need to do is scale them up a bit like how the Inspire 1 was then it went to the Inspire 1 Pro/RAW/V2.0 size.  Only need to redesign the internal camera.

Maybe work with Skydio 2 early before they turn DJI into what Lyft has turned Uber.

2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules