DJI mavic air flyaway
2388 16 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_t8aE7jqquOFW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176604 ft

Hi,

Feel really bummed as I lost my Mavic air while traveling in Vietnam. Controls were not responsive and could not get the drone to come back. I looked at the logs and it seems there was an esc error bit cant make mich sense of the rest.

any help would be appreciated.

https://app.airdata.com/share/fiRRIk
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for your loss, was your drone still under warranty? If yes, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2019-10-7
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

This is a horrible situation to be in.. Like Mindy said, go to their website, chat, call or e-mail them to open a support ticket. They may be able to help you
2019-10-8
Use props
fans4c469fad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93520 ft
United States

I had this happen to me yesterday.  Unsure how to export the csv file on my iphone to read the log.  Called DJI and am currently waiting for a case number.  Drone was flying fine and then I could no longer see the camera on the screen.  Attempted to control the drone with no luck.  Tried running towards the unit to attempt to regain connection and as it flew away from me.  No luck retrieving the unit as I have no idea how far it may have flown before I lost sight of it.  Very frustrated at the loss of such an expensive unit.  Hoping for a quick resolution.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4c469fad Posted at 11-5 06:09
I had this happen to me yesterday.  Unsure how to export the csv file on my iphone to read the log.  Called DJI and am currently waiting for a case number.  Drone was flying fine and then I could no longer see the camera on the screen.  Attempted to control the drone with no luck.  Tried running towards the unit to attempt to regain connection and as it flew away from me.  No luck retrieving the unit as I have no idea how far it may have flown before I lost sight of it.  Very frustrated at the loss of such an expensive unit.  Hoping for a quick resolution.

Hi Loren, we are sincerely sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, the data analysis can be applied, you may refer to the video below to sync your flight record:

2019-11-5
Use props
Loren83
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 22:29
Hi Loren, we are sincerely sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, the data analysis can be applied, you may refer to the video below to sync your flight record:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg&t=1s

The unit is still under warranty and I have already submitted all of the flight records and additional supporting information to DJI almost 48 hours ago and have still not received a case number.  I am becoming increasingly frustrated as the time passes as I am losing money while I do not have the unit.  Is there any other way to get someone at DJI involved to find a resolution to this?
2019-11-6
Use props
Loren83
lvl.1
United States

Loren83 Posted at 11-6 06:25
The unit is still under warranty and I have already submitted all of the flight records and additional supporting information to DJI almost 48 hours ago and have still not received a case number.  I am becoming increasingly frustrated as the time passes as I am losing money while I do not have the unit.  Is there any other way to get someone at DJI involved to find a resolution to this?

I was finally able to call in again today and they have issued a case number.
2019-11-6
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear. let us know how you make out
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Loren83 Posted at 11-6 11:42
I was finally able to call in again today and they have issued a case number.

Hi Loren, sorry for the inconvenience. Since you have issued a case number, our team will help you follow up on it, please don't worry. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us and provide your case number for further assistance. Thanks.
2019-11-6
Use props
Loren83
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-6 16:29
Good to hear. let us know how you make out

So I got the results of the data analysis and I have to say I am very displeased. They stated that they saw no abnormalities in the record and that the AC did have an established home point at the time of takeoff. However the record terminated with the aircraft moving backwards at 55m in the air. The best they can do is 30% off a replacement unit.

That will barely cover the cost of the 256Gb Micro SD and Polarizing filter that were onboard the AC at the time. I have disputed the findings via email and am awaiting a response as they could not show in any way that the flight terminated properly or that this was in any way user error.
2019-11-7
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If the record terminated, thats not on you, as a user you have no control of what is recorded and what isn't. I would recommend you keep at it, DJI can be very good, if you are able to prove your point. I suggest you speak to a manager in Shenzhen, they wont be able to give you what you want, but they can help fight it with their upper management, though this is a lenghty process, do not expect a quick resolution..
2019-11-7
Use props
Loren83
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-7 06:26
If the record terminated, thats not on you, as a user you have no control of what is recorded and what isn't. I would recommend you keep at it, DJI can be very good, if you are able to prove your point. I suggest you speak to a manager in Shenzhen, they wont be able to give you what you want, but they can help fight it with their upper management, though this is a lenghty process, do not expect a quick resolution..

Do you know how to speak to a manager there?  It seems like email correspondence happens around 4am EST because of the time difference. I can try calling into support again and hope to get to speak with a manager. I really do believe they can do better than this and I’m not ready to just give up on it yet.
2019-11-7
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes. I’ll PM you
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Loren83 Posted at 11-7 06:46
Do you know how to speak to a manager there?  It seems like email correspondence happens around 4am EST because of the time difference. I can try calling into support again and hope to get to speak with a manager. I really do believe they can do better than this and I’m not ready to just give up on it yet.

Hi Loren, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your issue, we have helped you forward it to our higher-level team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, hope it will be sorted out soon. Appreciate your patience.
2019-11-7
Use props
Loren83
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-7 22:55
Hi Loren, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your issue, we have helped you forward it to our higher-level team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, hope it will be sorted out soon. Appreciate your patience.

Is there any way you can get me an update on my case. CAS-3743070-P5V9N2. After some going back and forth and purchasing a Mavic Pro Platimum to replace my Air, DJI agreed to offer me 50% off a replacement Mavic Air. Though it wasn’t the outcome I wanted because I have now purchased an entirely new drone, I agreed to the 50% and paid for the replacement. I just need to know when it will shop or when I can expect to receive it.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Loren83 Posted at 11-20 17:22
Is there any way you can get me an update on my case. CAS-3743070-P5V9N2. After some going back and forth and purchasing a Mavic Pro Platimum to replace my Air, DJI agreed to offer me 50% off a replacement Mavic Air. Though it wasn’t the outcome I wanted because I have now purchased an entirely new drone, I agreed to the 50% and paid for the replacement. I just need to know when it will shop or when I can expect to receive it.

Hi Loren, as per check, your case is under processing at present, please don't worry, it will be shipped out soon and there will be a tracking number to you then. We appreciate your patience.
2019-11-20
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
South Korea

So sorry about your loss.  On a side note, how did you register to bring your drone in?  I read on line that I have to register in advance with the Ministry of Defense, but I see that no one has received a reply from the Ministry of Defense.  So does everyone just fly at their own risk?  I'm headed there in three weeks so I don't have much time left.
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules