Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to get the Ronin to Return to Center after pan?
1376 4 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
First Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>

Hi

I use my Ronin SC for Hiking Videos,
I have it set-up with perfect balance, set to Pan follow only, speed set to low, deadpan medium/low, but whenever the camera comes off center (if I turn or pan) the camera never returns back to dead center on the pan axis (tilt and roll are absolutly fine). It ends up about 2-5 degrees off center. Its really annoying as I am constantly fighting on the handle of the gimbal to get it back to dead center. I usually end up with my hand, wrist and arm all trying to compensate for it being off center, holding the gimbal at wonky angles to get it roughly lined up with where I am walking/heading.

The speed of the gimbal, balance,  the way it pans and its smoothness are perfect apart from this annoying "not returning to center".

Can anyone recommend anything that I may be missing to get it to return exactly to center, its affecting the videos I am trying to produce.

thanks

Woody

2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

With my Osmo Mobile it is just a double tap on the trigger.
Not sure if that works the same with the Ronin series.
2019-10-7
Use props
SLiWooDy
First Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-7 03:18
With my Osmo Mobile it is just a double tap on the trigger.
Not sure if that works the same with the Ronin series.

Yeah I can double tap, but it snaps the gimbal really fast to center making the footage unusable.
any other ideas?

Is there a way to lock the gimbal to center wihtout the need to hold the trigger?
2019-10-8
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

If you can't use the double tap, use the joystick and center it manually.
2019-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

SLiWooDy Posted at 10-8 01:42
Yeah I can double tap, but it snaps the gimbal really fast to center making the footage unusable.
any other ideas?

Ah ok, I missed the part where you said the movement needed to be included in the video.
I never take too long sequences , so when I'm off center it is not a big deal since I usually have enough footage.
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules