Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 v4.3.25 Android - Smart Controller
5779 32 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Some guys on Mavic Pilots Forum are reporting to have a new  Android DJI GO app  v4.3.25.  The update description is a bug fix. I've just checked the download page, for me still shows v4.3.24 and nothing to the Smart Controller. Can anyone check this info?

Link for the thread on Mavic Pilots:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/firmware-update-dji-go-4-ver-4-3-25-android.74016/?utm_source=weekly_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10-5-19

Can anyone confirm this update, since I didn't receive the notification on aircraft, or nothing on this forum? DJI any words?
2019-10-7
Use props
larryc43230
First Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft

My Android phone received the update early this morning. Other than launching the app to confirm the update, I haven't had a chance to find out what might have changed.
Larry
2019-10-8
Use props
jyc
Captain
Flight distance : 2246224 ft

I got the update on october 2, it's a bugfix release. I saw no change when I used it.
2019-10-8
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Captain
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

Just got update off the play store even though the app said there was no update.
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Upon further checking on our end it shows that the latest version of the application for the android is version 4.3.24 and we don't have the exact date on when would be the next update of the application be released. You may refer to the image below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-10-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-8 08:41
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Upon further checking on our end it shows that the latest version of the application for the android is version 4.3.24 and we don't have the exact date on when would be the next update of the application be released. You may refer to the image below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

[view_image]

And what is the explanation for those users who got the v4.3.25 update prompt or downloaded the .25 version from app stores?
2019-10-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

There are some serious misinformation on what the "supermoderators" say here,  the DJI website, and Google Playstore shows... I've just checked on Google Playstore and there is a .25 version for download for fixing bugs....

2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ro_flyer Posted at 10-8 16:00
And what is the explanation for those users who got the v4.3.25 update prompt or downloaded the .25 version from app stores?

Hi, thank you for the information provided and we're deeply sorry for the confusion. Upon checking here it shows that we already released the v4.3.25 on website via download center but it only shows v4.3.24 however, when you click the v4.3.24 it will automatically download a v4.3.25. This issue has been also raised to our designated department about updating our website and we're sorry about the inconvenience. You may refer to the images below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2019-10-10
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-10 11:38
Hi, thank you for the information provided and we're deeply sorry for the confusion. Upon checking here it shows that we already released the v4.3.25 on website via download center but it only shows v4.3.24 however, when you click the v4.3.24 it will automatically download a v4.3.25. This issue has been also raised to our designated department about updating our website and we're sorry about the inconvenience. You may refer to the images below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

[view_image]

Thanks Gamora, I successfully installed the v.4.3.25 on my Smart Controller. However it is a bit disappointing we can't update the app straight from the smart controller, and have to do those workarounds...
2019-10-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ro_flyer Posted at 10-10 13:20
Thanks Gamora, I successfully installed the v.4.3.25 on my Smart Controller. However it is a bit disappointing we can't update the app straight from the smart controller, and have to do those workarounds...

Thank you for the additional information and we're glad that you already resolved the problem. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and we will surely forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-10-10
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 960732 ft

HI, I downloaded V4.3.25 from DJI's download section. It states V4.3.24 but if you click the link to download it downloads version V4.3.25.......I installed it on my SC yesterday. It connects to my M2P just fine however I have not flown yet!
My Android phone updated to V4.3.25 last week.
2019-10-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

Sunstone Posted at 10-11 04:44
HI, I downloaded V4.3.25 from DJI's download section. It states V4.3.24 but if you click the link to download it downloads version V4.3.25.......I installed it on my SC yesterday. It connects to my M2P just fine however I have not flown yet!

Yes, sme thing here
2019-10-11
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.3

Sunstone Posted at 10-11 04:44
HI, I downloaded V4.3.25 from DJI's download section. It states V4.3.24 but if you click the link to download it downloads version V4.3.25.......I installed it on my SC yesterday. It connects to my M2P just fine however I have not flown yet!

Hi... have you checked so it works with the craft (Mavic)... because I did this before and didn't get the camera transfer to SC work. So downgraded and waiting for a working update...
2019-10-12
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>

I've also downloaded v4.3.25 and installed on my SmartController with success.  I've only used it on 2 flights so far, but its worked well so far in my limited use.
2019-10-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

KlooGee Posted at 10-12 09:01
I've also downloaded v4.3.25 and installed on my SmartController with success.  I've only used it on 2 flights so far, but its worked well so far in my limited use.

Thanks for the info KlooGee!
2019-10-12
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2425 ft

KlooGee Posted at 10-12 09:01
I've also downloaded v4.3.25 and installed on my SmartController with success.  I've only used it on 2 flights so far, but its worked well so far in my limited use.

This sounds promising, thanks for the info in a void from DJI
2019-10-12
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>

Hover-Fly Posted at 10-12 14:41
This sounds promising, thanks for the info in a void from DJI

Flew 3 more batteries this afternoon with no problems.  
2019-10-12
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.4

KlooGee Posted at 10-12 20:38

I don't suppose some kind soul can actually up a link to the latest Go4 apk that actually works on the SC? I have tried downloading from Google Play and although the apk seems correct my SC keeps saying the file appears to be corrupted. Of course it may not be,  "appears" is about as vague as it gets,  it might just be that the programmers who create DJI's UI  have a tenuous grasp of English translation and it might be another error. From experience programmers live in their own little world and throw up message boxes like "all your base are belong to us". For the record I have in past lives been a programmmer and translator of technical Japanese, which is why I have little tolerance for poor UI/UX wording and experience.

The whole situation of the SC being ignored/swept under the carpet in regards to the Beta firmware  and having to try to download the Go4 app from Google Play is pretty out there too. Not the way to win friends and customer loyalty/recommendation.

regards to everyone.  
2019-10-13
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>

Hover-Fly Posted at 10-13 03:56
I don't suppose some kind soul can actually up a link to the latest Go4 apk that actually works on the SC? I have tried downloading from Google Play and although the apk seems correct my SC keeps saying the file appears to be corrupted. Of course it may not be,  "appears" is about as vague as it gets,  it might just be that the programmers who create DJI's UI  have a tenuous grasp of English translation and it might be another error. From experience programmers live in their own little world and throw up message boxes like "all your base are belong to us". For the record I have in past lives been a programmmer and translator of technical Japanese, which is why I have little tolerance for poor UI/UX wording and experience.

The whole situation of the SC being ignored/swept under the carpet in regards to the Beta firmware  and having to try to download the Go4 app from Google Play is pretty out there too. Not the way to win friends and customer loyalty/recommendation.

Here you go:

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2019-10-13
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.4

KlooGee Posted at 10-13 05:30
Here you go:

Excellent, many thanks. That installed in a breath.

cheers and regards
2019-10-13
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.3

KlooGee Posted at 10-13 05:30
Here you go:

Hi KlooGee, downloaded the file you linked to onto my pc. How shall I do to update the SC from here? Or shall I copy it to a micro sd and update from this in the SC??
Are there any instructions for this?
2019-10-13
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>

Ecuaman Posted at 10-13 07:17
Hi KlooGee, downloaded the file you linked to onto my pc. How shall I do to update the SC from here? Or shall I copy it to a micro sd and update from this in the SC??

For me, I just downloaded it directly from the Lightning browser on the SC itself.  After it downloaded, I went to the Downloads folder in the File Manager and launched the installer.
2019-10-13
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 10-12 20:38

Thanks KlooGee: would you happen to know if one of the bug fixes were concerning the input lag of button clicks.  My Smart Controller works fine at time but it seems that when I use it in low-light situations near dark I encounter situation where I cannot get the camera and video functions to work.  I can press the shutter button to take a picture and get no response and also the video button to start but it takes a while to get the buttons to work.  Do you have any knowledge of this?
2019-10-13
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>

M Stuart K Posted at 10-13 09:38
Thanks KlooGee: would you happen to know if one of the bug fixes were concerning the input lag of button clicks.  My Smart Controller works fine at time but it seems that when I use it in low-light situations near dark I encounter situation where I cannot get the camera and video functions to work.  I can press the shutter button to take a picture and get no response and also the video button to start but it takes a while to get the buttons to work.  Do you have any knowledge of this?

I'll have to pay attention a bit more when I'm out this evening to see if I experience what you reference.

Which version of SC firmware are you on and which DJI Go 4 version?

I'm running the beta firmware with Go 4 v4.3.25.
2019-10-13
Use props
Quentyn
First Officer
Flight distance : 37759 ft

M Stuart K Posted at 10-13 09:38
Thanks KlooGee: would you happen to know if one of the bug fixes were concerning the input lag of button clicks.  My Smart Controller works fine at time but it seems that when I use it in low-light situations near dark I encounter situation where I cannot get the camera and video functions to work.  I can press the shutter button to take a picture and get no response and also the video button to start but it takes a while to get the buttons to work.  Do you have any knowledge of this?

could this be just that the camera cant focus so it takes a while to start as its hunting for focus ?
2019-10-13
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

This isn't a firmware update, its a software level application update.
The two are not the same thing.
2019-10-13
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 10-13 10:44
I'll have to pay attention a bit more when I'm out this evening to see if I experience what you reference.

Which version of SC firmware are you on and which DJI Go 4 version?

My firmware version is 0530, and I was on app version 4.3.24 but just installed the .25.  

As someone else stated: maybe the auto focus feature is causing this, but I don't seem to remember it being this bad when I was using the standard remote.  Also, Not only are the camera button clicks a pain in the but to get a click in low light but some of the other buttons are as well.  Just about anything I try to click on with the app open is terrible.  I have to wait several seconds for the click to register, even when I click on items in the settings, such as making sure the home point is set. Again; this usually only happens when flying in low light to darkness situations.   
2019-10-15
Use props
Adam9997
Captain
Flight distance : 2490892 ft
  • >>>

M Stuart K Posted at 10-15 07:56
My firmware version is 0530, and I was on app version 4.3.24 but just installed the .25.  

As someone else stated: maybe the auto focus feature is causing this, but I don't seem to remember it being this bad when I was using the standard remote.  Also, Not only are the camera button clicks a pain in the but to get a click in low light but some of the other buttons are as well.  Just about anything I try to click on with the app open is terrible.  I have to wait several seconds for the click to register, even when I click on items in the settings, such as making sure the home point is set. Again; this usually only happens when flying in low light to darkness situations.

Noticed the same issue on mine. Firmware 0530 app 4.3.25
2019-10-15
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
  • >>>

Adam9997 Posted at 10-15 08:26
Noticed the same issue on mine. Firmware 0530 app 4.3.25

Thanks; maybe others are having the same issue but have not noticed because they are not flying in low light situations?
2019-10-15
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3

Ecuaman Posted at 10-12 05:01
Hi... have you checked so it works with the craft (Mavic)... because I did this before and didn't get the camera transfer to SC work. So downgraded and waiting for a working update...

Hi There

Yes it works fine. Took my M2P out and used up 3 batteries. Flown just fine.
2019-10-16
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3

M Stuart K Posted at 10-15 12:39
Thanks; maybe others are having the same issue but have not noticed because they are not flying in low light situations?

I definitely need to check this.
2019-10-16
Use props
Vulcain
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57615 ft
France

Ecuaman Posted at 10-13 07:17
Hi KlooGee, downloaded the file you linked to onto my pc. How shall I do to update the SC from here? Or shall I copy it to a micro sd and update from this in the SC??

Here is a link where I explain how to update directly through the DJI site, without using the DJI GO 4 app or SC settings, so we are sure to have the latest version. (there are screenshots for explanations)

https://mavic2help.weebly.com/blog/updated-dji-go-4

C'est aussi en français, avec des images...
2019-10-19
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
United States

2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules