Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Pro (X3) test video
1547 16 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

ND8 I think, color mode Vivid.

2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this test video you have captured using your DJI Inspire 1 Pro. Nicely done.
2019-10-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 12:02
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this test video you have captured using your DJI Inspire 1 Pro. Nicely done.

Can you tell the engineers to add the option for color mode Vivid to the Mavic 2 Zoom?  It works great w/ an ND filter.
2019-10-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-7 12:06
Can you tell the engineers to add the option for color mode Vivid to the Mavic 2 Zoom?  It works great w/ an ND filter.

BS ALERT!!!

By definition neutral density filtering has absolutely no impact on image dynamics. None whatsoever. The role of ND filter is to reduce the amount of light entering the lens, that's it. It will, however, introduce colour shift of some kind. Which may - or may not - results in appealing colour tone of an image.
2019-10-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-7 14:16
BS ALERT!!!

By definition neutral density filtering has absolutely no impact on image dynamics. None whatsoever. The role of ND filter is to reduce the amount of light entering the lens, that's it. It will, however, introduce colour shift of some kind. Which may - or may not - results in appealing colour tone of an image.

The colors pop but when you aren't using an ND filter the washouts look ugly.  The ND filtering makes the colors look very nice.

I've gone deeper and modding other settings.  I will test tomorrow.  Gimbal does not stay where it should be so I set the yaw, tilt, and roll gains to 120 from 100 to see.  I've lowered the derivative of the flying GPS gain from 105 to 100 as it's smoother in Atti than GPS as Atti derivative is set to 100.  I'm sure it's designed to work with 23° but I'm at 35°.
https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/wm610

It's basically the same as the DIY drones where you configure the PID values.  Slowing everything down and limiting to 23° and to 35° of maximum tilt is the easy way of not tuning further.  Maximum tilt per sec is 300°.  I've done 900° on my racer quad it's fine.  Just need to adjust the controller settings but I'm not touching that.  I wish I could figure out how to make the RTH lower itself faster.

I got this drone to bash but I want to make it smooth for video too as it has a quality sensor.
2019-10-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

"The colors pop but when you aren't using an ND filter the washouts look ugly."

Not true. In theory ND filter affects only the amount of light entering lens optics, not light's properties. You're in control of proper exposure parameters to balance shadows and highlights, not the filter.

"The ND filtering makes the colors look very nice."

Not true. The term "nice" is of very subjective nature. In fact some ND filters can make colors look very bad.
2019-10-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-7 17:35
"The colors pop but when you aren't using an ND filter the washouts look ugly."

Not true. In theory ND filter affects only the amount of light entering lens optics, not light's properties. You're in control of proper exposure parameters to balance shadows and highlights, not the filter.

Probably because the highlights washed out the colors.  Can you show some video reels or photographs you've taken with your Inspire?
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 10-7 12:06

Thank you for the additional information you have given us AntDX316. I will forward this information to the designated DJI Department. Thank you.
2019-10-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

"Probably because the highlights washed out the colors."

Are you referring to my statement that "... some ND filters can make colors look very bad."? No, that is because every ND filter is introducing some sort of unwanted coloration, and some of these filters are very bad.

"Can you show some video reels or photographs you've taken with your Inspire?"

Of course I can, but why would I? It will prove nothing related to this issue, you'll either like them or not. Establishing proper balance between shadows and highlights, colour grading in particular are a vital parts of this art. These aspects are, however, of extremely subjective nature. That's what differentiates a photograph and a snapshot ...
2019-10-8
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-8 11:44
Thank you for the additional information you have given us AntDX316. I will forward this information to the designated DJI Department. Thank you.

Color mode vivid for the P4PV2.0 and M2P not just the M2Z.  P4 only has Truecolor but it's not the same.  Can you bring an HDR photo mode for the P4PV2.0?  Inspire 1 has it.
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 10-8 11:51
Color mode vivid for the P4PV2.0 and M2P not just the M2Z.  P4 only has Truecolor but it's not the same.  Can you bring an HDR photo mode for the P4PV2.0?  Inspire 1 has it.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared AntDX316. Rest assured that this information will also be forwarded to the designated DJI department. Thank you.
2019-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Looks nice!
2019-10-8
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-8 11:51
"Probably because the highlights washed out the colors."

Are you referring to my statement that "... some ND filters can make colors look very bad."? No, that is because every ND filter is introducing some sort of unwanted coloration, and some of these filters are very bad.

Probably color mode Vivid would be better w/o the ND filter.  I never tried it w/o.  Time to do more testing.
2019-10-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-8 23:45
Probably color mode Vivid would be better w/o the ND filter.  I never tried it w/o.  Time to do more testing.

Jesus ... ARE YOU LISTENING, ANTHONY???? CAN YOU READ ENGLISH ????

1. PER DEFINITION NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTERING DOESN'T MAKE PICTURES LOOKING BETTER OR WORST.
2. IF AN ND FILTER IS CHANGING COLOUR TONALITY OF IMAGE, THAN IT IS NOT REALLY NEUTRAL.

2019-10-9
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-9 00:23
Jesus ... ARE YOU LISTENING, ANTHONY???? CAN YOU READ ENGLISH ????

1. PER DEFINITION NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTERING DOESN'T MAKE PICTURES LOOKING BETTER OR WORST.

I means it would look better w/o the filter to make things brighter.
2019-10-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-9 00:38
I means it would look better w/o the filter to make things brighter.

NO, THIS IS NOT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!! WITH OR WITHOUT NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTER, THE EXPOSURE PARAMETERS ARE IN CONTROL OF IMAGE BRIGHTNESS OR DULLNESS. NOT THE FILTER !!!!!!!
2019-10-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Very nicely done Ant - keep it up and glad to see you have the Inspire in your list of drones now
2019-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules