Does 3DIO Binaural Microphone work with Osmo Pocket?
1293 4 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklodi
lvl.1

Hi all.

Curious if anyone has attached the 3DIO Binaural Microphone (via the microphone adapter) and used it with the Osmo Pocket? Does the audio record onto the pocket in binaural and playback well? Any issues or other comments?

Considering it, but at $399 entry level 3DIO, I want to make sure it's compatible and makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
2019-10-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

In my personal opinion, I doubt it. Look up the threads here relating to audio to see why. Also it had better be a mic that needs to be powered by the pocket and not have it's own power supply. Not that it won't work but the audio levels may not be that loud.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mark. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who has the DJI Osmo Pocket and uses the 3DIO Binaural Microphone. In addition I would suggest you to use the recommended microphones for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting the list of recommended mics for the said gimbal ( audio-technica atr-6550, Rode VideoMic Pro, Rode VideoMicro, Azden sgm-990, Sennheiser MKE400, Sony ecm-ds70p, DJI fm-15 FlexiMic and other mainstream brands with 3.5mm microphones ). Thank you.
2019-10-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

The audio adapter suffers from poor (or even non-existent) stereo imaging, so it would be pointless to use a mic whose prime purpose is to deliver a stereo image.  Here I use a Zoom F1 for independent sound recording - it's not hard to integrate that into the final production.
2019-10-7
Use props
Minh Tình
New

Vietnam

Hi everyone
Im looking for an external binaural microphone that can connect to 3.5 adapter for Pocket 2. I need the microphone can record 3d, surround sound in my car and it must show the real Bass.
Last time i tried and failed on some mics because they gave me the bad bass. Its not the real strong bass i heard in my car audio system.
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules