14026 53 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luichiw
lvl.1

Spain

Hi everbody!
I have a Z15n Zenmuse for NEX5.
Is there any way to configure the Gimbal for a single pilot without having to use a second receiver?

I have the Gimbal conected to CAN1 and I use the A2 built-in Receiver .

Thank you very much!!
2015-6-11
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Yes, you can connect gimbal necessary channel to A2 F1-F4( mode channel is necessary), use A2 inbuilt receiver.
Use a 12 channels controller, map the channels in the controller.
2015-6-11
Use props
luichiw
lvl.1

Spain

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-11 20:12
Yes, you can connect gimbal necessary channel to A2 F1-F4( mode channel is necessary), use A2 inbui ...

thankyou for your answers!
But i connected the TILT , ROLL and SHUT ports to F2 F3 F4 of my A2. (F1 is used by the landing gear)
I have mapped the channels on my controller and I disconnected all other cables from the GCU to my secondary receiver.
The gimbal initializes, but is pointing down and I can not control it.

This is my channel mapping:

capture.jpg

I have the last firmware updates.
I have the zenmuse conected to the CAN1.
I'm using a futaba 14SG.

2015-6-11
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

luichiw@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-12 03:39
thankyou for your answers!
But i connected the TILT , ROLL and SHUT ports to F2 F3 F4 of my A2. (F1 ...

Hi, you haven't mapped the mode. Mode is necessary otherwise the gimbal wouldn't react.
2015-6-11
Use props
jdixson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163976 ft
United States

I was sent here by DJI support 8 for a similar problem.

I assumed the gimbal could be controlled by the CanBus but this doesn't appear to be the case. I will try it with the F ports as suggested but it seems like a hassle to switch back and forth between single and dual operator.

To the original poster I would not use the roll channel as this usually isn't needed and map your channel 6 to the mode switch. I'll see if this works today but I wish there were a way to easily switch between single and dual without unplugging my second receiver. Seems like a firmware request. The Inspire 1 has no problem allowing both the pilot or camera operator to control the camera angle.
2015-6-12
Use props
luichiw
lvl.1

Spain

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-12 09:42
Hi, you haven't mapped the mode. Mode is necessary otherwise the gimbal wouldn't react.

It works!!!!
I just  mapped the MODE and I gain the gimbal's controll!!!
thank you ver very much!!!!
2015-6-14
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello

I am having a similar problem. I am using the A2 (using this as the only/main receiver) and Z15-GH4 and Futaba T14SG. I show my channels mapped and working properly in the mapping screen of A2 Assist. But nothing on the Z15 Assistant. I have my mode and all other channels mapped and working in the A2 Assistant and gimbal connects and updates via the Zenmuse assistant. But does not react with the mapped channels.

When running the A2 with single controller do I have to connect the F ports to the zenmuse GMU?

Is there a video or instructions just for the A2 with Zenumuse and single remote operation?

Thank you for your help.
2015-6-14
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

mark@tgndistrib Posted at 2015-6-15 07:30
Hello

I am having a similar problem. I am using the A2 (using this as the only/main receiver) and Z ...

yes, you do. You need to connect the F port to Zenmuse GCU.
2015-6-14
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

No DJI support 8. If you are using the A2 as a RX, and mapping on Sbus, you don't have to connect the F port to Zenmuse GCU. This one must be connect with Can 2. You just have to connect the Zenmuse CGU to your PMU with the right connector and them mapping the channels.
cordon10.jpg
2015-6-15
Use props
jdixson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163976 ft
United States

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-6-15 21:16
No DJI support 8. If you are using the A2 as a RX, and mapping on Sbus, you don't have to connect th ...

So if we use this cord to connect it directly to the A2 it will work without using any of the F channels?
Also, where do we get that specific cable. I don't have one in any of my packages.
2015-6-15
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

I did it for a friend with DJI A2, Futaba 14SG, Zenmuse Z15 Nex-7. I connect this cord (CANBUS-1-DJI) between Zenmuse CGU to A2 PMU (Can2). After you go to A2 assistant to map channels (Tilt, Pan, Shoot and vidéo) and Zenmuse Mode.
Canbus-1-DJI (specific to work between Canbus and Naza or Wookong) http://www.shop.hexadrone.fr/pie ... can-bus-n1-dji.html
photo.jpg
2015-6-15
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdixson@atomicd Posted at 2015-6-15 23:06
So if we use this cord to connect it directly to the A2 it will work without using any of the F cha ...

WOW it worked! Why you know more than DJI techs I do not know?!?!?!  And why the manual does not suggest this is beyond me!

Thank you so much!
2015-6-15
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-6-15 21:16
No DJI support 8. If you are using the A2 as a RX, and mapping on Sbus, you don't have to connect th ...

yeah, good. A2 new firmware 2.5 can support can2 connect to Zenmuse, use one remote control to control both the gimbal and aircraft. Under this kind of connection, user needn't connect GCU to A2 f ports, but need to  map gimbal mode channel in the assistant.
Under A2 2.4 firmware, users still need to connect to can1, and need wiring to A2 f port.

2015-6-15
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

mark@tgndistrib Posted at 2015-6-16 05:38
WOW it worked! Why you know more than DJI techs I do not know?!?!?!  And why the manual does not s ...

I realy don't know, I just saw that the good way was to connect Zenmuse to A2 PMU wich is directly connect to Can2. I had a Canbus cord from a DJI Naza V2 in my case and try it. And Euraka, it works. I don't know if it's the real solution, but it works...
2015-6-16
Use props
santorini95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126896 ft
South Korea

I had successed single pilot after this thread reading.     most important job is connection between zenmuse GCU can port and PMU can port using  upper cable picture (can2 connection), after disconnect previous connection between zenmuse GCU can port and iosd Mark II can port (can1 connection).
Two can port connection cable shape  is different.
After this thread reading, In A2 manual, i see that one pilot - one remote controller is A2 can2 connection, two pilot - two remote controller is A2 can1 connection between genmuse GCU and A2 can port (can1, can2)   
Thank to DJI support 8.   
2015-6-17
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

santorini95 Posted at 2015-6-18 01:10
I had successed single pilot after this thread reading.     most important job is connection between ...

My pleasure !
2015-6-17
Use props
gmarc007
lvl.1

United States

Does this also mean that you can now map the shutter to another channel other than "SHUT" This would be huge if so...  Main reason is GS uses the F2 port solely for the Photogrammetry tool so nothing else can be mapped to the shut.  This way you wouldn't have to unmap to take pics if need be.
2015-6-22
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

gmarc007@yahoo. Posted at 2015-6-23 03:14
Does this also mean that you can now map the shutter to another channel other than "SHUT" This would ...

When using the GS, user still needs to wire A2 F2 to GCU shut, then no map is needed under this situation.
2015-6-22
Use props
gmarc007
lvl.1

United States

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-23 14:46
When using the GS, user still needs to wire A2 F2 to GCU shut, then no map is needed under this si ...

Which means the only way it can be triggered is through GS Correct?   This is a huge inconvenience that in order to trigger the shut manually you have to land and remap.
2015-6-23
Use props
Mika
lvl.1

Finland

I added this Zenmuse CGU to A2 PMU (Can2) cable and mapped Zenmuse channels and got it working for single operator, BUT Zenmuse OSD data is missing. Any help?
2015-7-10
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Mika Posted at 2015-7-11 00:18
I added this Zenmuse CGU to A2 PMU (Can2) cable and mapped Zenmuse channels and got it working for s ...

Are you using 5D gimbal?
2015-7-13
Use props
Mika
lvl.1

Finland

I'm using GH4 Zenmuse.
2015-7-14
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Mika Posted at 2015-7-14 16:53
I'm using GH4 Zenmuse.

Is the OSD connected to Can1, gimbal connected to can 2 ? When gimbal and osd are not on the same can line, the gimbal osd wouldn't show up. You can connect gimbal to can1 to get  realtime gimbal osd infor.
2015-7-14
Use props
Mika
lvl.1

Finland

My OSD was on the CAN1 and gimbal on CAN2. I changed OSD to CAN2 and now it works! Thank you!
2015-7-14
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Mika Posted at 2015-7-14 19:50
My OSD was on the CAN1 and gimbal on CAN2. I changed OSD to CAN2 and now it works! Thank you!

You are welcome!
2015-7-14
Use props
Mika
lvl.1

Finland

So I got Zenmuse information to OSD but now I'm missing battery voltage, gps/compass info on the OSD... Should I connect everything to CAN2? Check attached picture for my connections.

IMG_20150724_222408.jpg
connections.jpg
2015-7-24
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Mika Posted at 2015-7-25 03:44
So I got Zenmuse information to OSD but now I'm missing battery voltage, gps/compass info on the OSD ...

yeah, connect them to the same can-line.
2015-7-27
Use props
Mika
lvl.1

Finland

If I connect everything to CAN2, I will get a continuous red led error.
2015-7-28
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Mika Posted at 2015-7-28 21:50
If I connect everything to CAN2, I will get a continuous red led error.

Hi, please contact me by skype candice-zhu(shenzhen, China), let's have a video call to get your problem resolved.
2015-7-30
Use props
taslan.cox
New

United States

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-7-30 19:57
Hi, please contact me by skype candice-zhu(shenzhen, China), let's have a video call to get your p ...

I have been reading this post and have the same issues. Trying to get single op with A2 and Z15-GH2, when using Can1 on pmu I get gimbal gitters in the mode function. on can2 everything is fine using F2-4. Can you help me?
2015-7-31
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

taslan.cox Posted at 2015-8-1 13:39
I have been reading this post and have the same issues. Trying to get single op with A2 and Z15-GH ...

Hi, I don't quite understand .What does  gimbal gitter mean?
2015-8-3
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have been trying to get my Z15 N7 working thru CAN 2, all controls work however the gimbal erraticaly moves and shakes in FPV and trace modes. I have fw2.5 on A2. looking through the A2 manual I noted that it said:
Z15-5N, Z15-GH2, Z15-7N and Z15-5R do not support connection with CAN2 port.

Is this the cause of my issues or can these model gimbals now be used thru CAN 2?
2015-8-18
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

bowley68@hotmai Posted at 2015-8-18 18:06
I have been trying to get my Z15 N7 working thru CAN 2, all controls work however the gimbal errati ...

Hi there, you are right, Z15-5N, Z15-GH2, Z15-7N and Z15-5R do not support connection with CAN2 port.
It's not supported by the firmware.
2015-8-18
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-8-19 15:03
Hi there, you are right, Z15-5N, Z15-GH2, Z15-7N and Z15-5R do not support connection with CAN2 po ...

DJI Candice, this is contrary to what has been said further up this thread, where numerous people have connected the Z15 Nex7 to CAN 2 with success. A method you seemed to concur with??
2015-8-24
Use props
kevinde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97861 ft
United States

bowley68@hotmai Posted at 2015-8-24 02:45
DJI Candice, this is contrary to what has been said further up this thread, where numerous people  ...

I hope this thread isn't dead - I have a gittery gimbal too.  

New build of an S800 Evo with A2, OSD MKII, Z15N with Nex 7. I have tried mapping the gimbal mode on channel 11 aux2 and on channel 9 aux6.  I have tried connecting the GCU to can 1 through the OSD and to can 2 through a canhub.  Best I can get is the default orientation mode and vibrations in the gimbal  in the other two modes. Assistant software says this should be working but it's not.

Inflight all is well, but only orientation mode works. I can pan, roll, and tilt, but the other two modes are unavailable.  

Currently have mode running through channel 9, aux6 and the forward / down orientation seems to work on channel 11 aux2, but only in gittery (vibration) FPV (or reset) mode.  Will not move to down/forward orientation unless mode is set to FPV, as it should.  And even in this mode gimbal is spasming, but I can see it trying to tilt.

Also I sometimes lose camera FPV view after switching to either of the two gittery modes.  Black screen with OSD info only.  Might be related.  Bad plug? Crimped wire?  Have no idea what is going on.  All the connections seem to be good.

Help?
2015-11-4
Use props
thomasedolan
lvl.1

United States

Last edited by thomasedolan@gmail.com In 2015-11-8 13:25 Editor

I recently purchased a Zenmuse Zi5 Nex7 to put on my S1000+, A2, with iOSD Mk II through a Futaba T14SG

When I initially mounted on the S1000+ and powered up it went through its paces and caged forward just having Can 1 into the iOSD Mk II. I then updated the A2 controller and the gimbal went on a crazy  wild dance the next three times it was powered up. Here is a screen shot of the latest firmware.

A2 config as of 110715 copy.jpg

Also when ever I would open the Zenmuse Assistant software it was always greyed out and could not make any changes or updates, only in A2.

However, since then when I power it all up it only gets a momentary pulse of power to it and goes dead. In the A2 software the software shows response to inputs from the Futaba, but the gimbal itself is dead, no red light or motor noise or anything. It only initially powers up the gimbal and briefly does move around the Pan and Roll axis for only a nano second or so.......

Candance any thoughts or where I can send it....I am reaching the ends of my limits going through the forums and help sections.......nothing seems to work.
2015-11-9
Use props
mode2
lvl.1

New Zealand

thomasedolan@gm Posted at 2015-11-9 23:45
Last edited by thomasedolan@gmail.com In 2015-11-8 13:25 Editor
I am trying to setup, as this thread describes, my S800EVO A2 Z15 to fly with a single operator BUT I have a big problem (I think).

I have been using assistant v1.3 which I upgraded to v1.8.

When I started the V1.8 assistant and connected to the A2 a mismatch message popped up. I attempted to update the  firmware anyhow. Now nothing at all is working and I cannot connect V1.3 or V1.8!

My hardware: A2 and Zenmuse Z15 N7 iOSD II
I can't tell you exactly which hardware version but it's definately not the latest. It was purchased 2 years ago.
2015-11-16
Use props
thomasedolan
lvl.1

United States

mode2@slingshot Posted at 2015-11-16 14:49
I am trying to setup, as this thread describes, my S800EVO A2 Z15 to fly with a single operator BUT  ...

I haven't heard a peep from any DJI person on any forum on this zenmuse problem.

I am seriously considering buying a basic non-DJI gimbal to hook up basic functions on separate Futaba, because I can no longer stand to have all of these A@ Firm ware problems. Itook me over a month to get the S1000 airborne only to have the Camera system go down due to firm or software problems!!
I am spending tons of money on DJI and loosing even more  $$$ with no DJI help, not being airborne!!!!!

Tom Dolan
2015-11-17
Use props
kevinde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97861 ft
United States

thomasedolan@gm Posted at 2015-11-17 15:40
I haven't heard a peep from any DJI person on any forum on this zenmuse problem.

I am seriously co ...

I was only able to completely solve this problem by installing two Futaba receivers - one to control the A2, plus a few gimbal functions and one connected only to the gimbal.  Works as it should now and everything is functional.
2016-1-8
Use props
Helnet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3077513 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have same issue in mode switch on can 2. I only have 1 mode available, lock orientation. The other mode has vibration from gimbal.
If I connected gimbal on can 2 with iosd II has hub. I can map all channel that I need. but vibration in mode reset and non lock orientation.

If I connect gimbal on can 1, I can map channel F2-F4 from the A2 controller and the mode switch work fine. But only 3 channels available.

I don't have a can hub that's why I used a IOSD MKII. I don't know if this why I have vibration on mode.

Anybody has resolved this issue?

My setup is:
S900 + A2
Zenmuse Z15 Nex7
Futaba 14SG
IOSD MKII

All firmware arew updated
I would like to used this setup with a lightbridge 1. But I have to solve this issues first.
2016-2-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules