Switch front to rear camera while recording?
8891 12 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans64d1816f
lvl.2

Can you switch front to rear (or vice versa) while you are recording using the mimo app? I'm sure when i've tried it doesn't switch?
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No, the front and rear camera cannot be switched during recording, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_jtgDGpnCSVm0
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-9 03:35
No, the front and rear camera cannot be switched during recording, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Oh boy. This was one of the functions I was looking for being able to switch while recording between rear and front camera. A real bummer. Any chance this can be addressed with a future firmware update?
2019-10-9
Use props
fans64d1816f
lvl.2

djiuser_jtgDGpnCSVm0 Posted at 10-9 07:50
Oh boy. This was one of the functions I was looking for being able to switch while recording between rear and front camera. A real bummer. Any chance this can be addressed with a future firmware update?

Yeah, same here! I use the Mobile 3 while running ultra marathons and being able to quickly swith between front and rear cameras woukld be nice!
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90
lvl.2

It can with any video app, can't it? Just not with... Dji's app :
2019-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_jtgDGpnCSVm0 Posted at 10-9 07:50
Oh boy. This was one of the functions I was looking for being able to switch while recording between rear and front camera. A real bummer. Any chance this can be addressed with a future firmware update?

We have no idea about that, but your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development.
2019-10-12
Use props
cabraswel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105741 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-10-9 03:35

Is there any word if this is going to be implemented at all?
Camera switching and streaming services like Facebook would be very helpful!
2020-2-26
Use props
djiuser_gEcC6WV1PhUa
New

Chile

djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90 Posted at 2019-10-11 12:22
It can with any video app, can't it? Just not with... Dji's app :

Like which ones?
2020-4-16
Use props
DJInewbie87
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-10-9 03:35

Hi Mindy, I was just looking into this very thing and I recalled that in the official promo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xah7LpZpFY0&t=55 during the shopping cart scene they advertise switching cameras making it appear that this feature is possible.

Some development in this front would be great, or maybe also a feature like using both cameras simultaneously
2020-8-11
Use props
Yihudeet Morgan
New

Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-10-12 03:35
We have no idea about that, but your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development.

Is there any update on if the feature to switch between the front camera and back camera while recording will be added? This feature would be super helpful for vlogging.
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Yihudeet Morgan Posted at 5-14 07:25
Is there any update on if the feature to switch between the front camera and back camera while recording will be added? This feature would be super helpful for vlogging.

Sorry to tell you that for Osmo Mobile 3, the front and rear cameras cannot be switched during the recording process. But we will note down your suggestion and forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation.
2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_f4S2KwO4r33c
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_jtgDGpnCSVm0 Posted at 2019-10-9 07:50

I completely agree! This is really disappointing that this feature doesn’t exist. Waiting for an update.
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_f4S2KwO4r33c
lvl.1

United States

DJInewbie87 Posted at 2020-8-11 01:28
Hi Mindy, I was just looking into this very thing and I recalled that in the official promo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xah7LpZpFY0&t=55 during the shopping cart scene they advertise switching cameras making it appear that this feature is possible.

Some development in this front would be great, or maybe also a feature like using both cameras simultaneously

Great idea!!!
2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules