Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 remote recovery (GL300K)
3469 5 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft

Having a nightmare of a night, I decided to write down a small tutorial regarding the factory reset of GL300K (and possibly other typer of remote).

An evening before a shoot, I connected batteries to charge, turned on everything just to check, and I will now go to sleep and have a fun shooting a wedding tomorrow. Yeah,right....
I touched something somewhere, in developer settings, and my screen on the integrated display on the plus remote rotated. Oh .......ok, touch is upside down, I can somehow manage to get to settings and try to either revert or factory reset the remote. Somehow I manage to get to settings, but as soon as you press settings icon, the screen goes black with some weird lines. There is no way to get to factory reset this way. Ok, DJI assistant installed, and remote connected, recognized but as you press reset, error. Reset failed. Installed old version, the same. Now what? Hm, its an android right? Install ADB, connect, recognized. But the command to restore to default does not work since it is locked android and no, I will not root it. But I can issue command to go to recovery menu, then there just press reset. Right? Well no, since built in tablet only has "power" button that acts as enter button, but there is no volume buttons which act as up and down, and you must scroll thru menu to go to reset setting and press power button to confirm. To my surprise around 5AM touch screen works as up and down and you just press it twice, and press power button to confirm. 5 minutes later built in screen is back to its normal landscape glory. I think this might help other versions of this plus remote, being V1 or V2. So far all of you being forced to return it to service, please do a factory reset first if stuck.
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm sorry that I was unable to help you with your problem but we're glad to know that you already resolved the issue and shared the information on how you perform the said troubleshooting. You are awesome! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-8
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-8 08:21
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm sorry that I was unable to help you with your problem but we're glad to know that you already resolved the issue and shared the information on how you perform the said troubleshooting. You are awesome! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your continued support!

since I am awesome, could you please allow us to run custom apps on the p4prov2 plus? on v1 that works, dont understand why is it blocked on v2
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_87K6m5m2vhqL
lvl.1

Australia

using a phantom 4 pro 2 with this gl300k display and cant get into this forced recovery mode.
do you have a .bin file you could send me to try update controller? the files on the website for this controller are wrong (not a .bin file) or dont work in the one i have.
2020-6-22
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170689 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

djiuser_87K6m5m2vhqL Posted at 6-22 20:15
using a phantom 4 pro 2 with this gl300k display and cant get into this forced recovery mode.
do you have a .bin file you could send me to try update controller? the files on the website for this controller are wrong (not a .bin file) or dont work in the one i have.

I can't believe those stupids didn't fix the wrong file yet.
2020-9-29
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170689 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Please can you explain again the procedure?
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules