how to reset the wifi password on my spark controoler
47287 12 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pczerny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354 ft

Help.  When I type in the 12341234 password for my spark controller, I get an incorrect password error.  I've had the controller for awhile and may have changed the password...that is may.  I had to reset the network information on my samsung s9 (long story with an issue with ATT).  I've tried the directions to reset the password that are on the net but holding the power button down on my controller for a very long time doesn't give me the two beeps that is supposed to.  Am I totally lost?

2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The best way you can reset or modify the wifi of the spark is to follow this procedure. First, press and hold the remote controller’s power button for nine seconds. When the remote controller makes "DDD-DD" beeping sounds, the Wi-Fi can be reset. Also, please make sure that you have the updated firmware for both aircraft and RC for us to avoid any problem in resetting the WiFi. You may also refer to the tutorial below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-10-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

I suggest , on top of resetting the password, to connect your Android phone with an otg cable to the remote!
There are more advantages , not just no password needed!
2019-10-8
Use props
pczerny
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-8 08:06
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The best way you can reset or modify the wifi of the spark is to follow this procedure. First, press and hold the remote controller’s power button for nine seconds. When the remote controller makes "DDD-DD" beeping sounds, the Wi-Fi can be reset. Also, please make sure that you have the updated firmware for both aircraft and RC for us to avoid any problem in resetting the WiFi. You may also refer to the tutorial below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek

Hi...I wasn't clear enough.  The WIFI for the RC shows up when I list available networks (Spark-RC-70587a) but when I type in 12341234 as the password for the RC, I get "an incorrect password" error.  I have reset the network connections for the s9 and even manually added the network to the s9 but I continue to get the "incorrect password" error.  Seems to me that I need to reset the password for the RC...how do I do that?
2019-10-8
Use props
pczerny
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 10-8 08:44
I suggest , on top of resetting the password, to connect your Android phone with an otg cable to the remote!
There are more advantages , not just no password needed!

Thanks for the tip but using a cable to connect the  Samsung to the RC doesn't connect me to the RC.
2019-10-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

pczerny@comcast Posted at 10-8 16:43
Thanks for the tip but using a cable to connect the  Samsung to the RC doesn't connect me to the RC.

Start the Rc, push the powerbutton for 9 secs, that should, afaik, reset the RC.
(Can sometimes be a bit longer as 9 secs and I think you will hear a sound, also)
To the cable, why isnt it connecting phone and RC?
Is the RC charging the phone,at least?
2019-10-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

Oh, to the cable:
You need a otg from micro usb (host) to USB C
Your usbC to micro dongle, that came with the S9 (I think), is the other way round.
The RC has to charge the phone, not the phone the RC!
2019-10-8
Use props
pczerny
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 10-8 17:21
Start the Rc, push the powerbutton for 9 secs, that should, afaik, reset the RC.
(Can sometimes be a bit longer as 9 secs and I think you will hear a sound, also)
To the cable, why isnt it connecting phone and RC?

Thanks...I got it to work by the following: power up the RC, while powered up hold the power button for about 9 seconds, the RC will beep 4 times, power cycle the RC, connect the RC to the S9 with the proper cable and I was able to change the password.  The odd thing was that it was 12341234 before I changed it and that password wasn't working.  The new password works fine.  Thanks much
2019-10-8
Use props
pczerny
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 10-8 17:29
Oh, to the cable:
You need a otg from micro usb (host) to USB C
Your usbC to micro dongle, that came with the S9 (I think), is the other way round.

Thanks much...yes, I have a cable that goes from a usb micro B to a usb micro C...works fine.  See my response about having gotten it to work.  
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pczerny@comcast Posted at 10-8 16:41
Hi...I wasn't clear enough.  The WIFI for the RC shows up when I list available networks (Spark-RC-70587a) but when I type in 12341234 as the password for the RC, I get "an incorrect password" error.  I have reset the network connections for the s9 and even manually added the network to the s9 but I continue to get the "incorrect password" error.  Seems to me that I need to reset the password for the RC...how do I do that?

Thank you for the additional information. To reset the RC wifi, press and hold the remote controller’s power button for nine seconds. When the remote controller makes "DDD-DD" beeping sounds, the Wi-Fi can be reset. Please make sure that you have the updated version of the application, as well as an updated firmware of the RC, for us to avoid any possible issues. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-9
Use props
ShahMohammad
New

Bangladesh

Press and hold the Spark's power button until the drone beeps once, twice, and then three times (9-10 seconds). This resets the Spark's WiFi network. From here, locate your Spark's carrying case. The WiFi password will be listed next to the QR code.
my blog https://techforguru.com/cell-phone-holder-for-bed/https://techforguru.com
2020-11-5
Use props
fans984d792b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31470 ft
Canada

My iPhone can never read the wrong code they seem to be to small
2021-2-21
Use props
fans984d792b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31470 ft