Flying height software limitation
725 5 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft

I just received my replacement Mavic Pro after damaging the old one. And I try flying it whilst in Hong Kong to check it out, it is suprising it can only go up to 120m, despite it's been set to 500m.

Is this a limitation for flying in HKG, or it is now the universal limit with the latest firmware installed, whcih applies to everywhere around the World. ?

What are your experience with the latest firmware ?

cheers
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to check the DJI Go 4 application if you already turned off the beginner mode? Also, you may also try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists. In addition. Please make sure that you are using an updated firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-9
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4

That's why I have never updated anything since cracking the boxes over 2 years ago.
They have been slowly hobbling the kit thru "updates"..
It may be to late for you, but you might see if you can back rev the firmware on the AC...
2019-10-9
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

Do you have some screenshots to show what you were seeing?  Were you flying in an altitude zone?

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-10-9
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-9 08:31
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to check the DJI Go 4 application if you already turned off the beginner mode? Also, you may also try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists. In addition. Please make sure that you are using an updated firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Sorry guys, everything is fine, I just forgot to look at the max altitude parameter. It is a case of having two new things at the same time, a new smart phone and a new Mavic all at the same time, I still thought the settings were the same original ones.  My stupidity, with my experience, it shouldn't have happened.

And it was tried out in a hurry....anyway, it is all good now.
Except to say that when my phone was stolen in Africa about a fortnights ago, I lost all the flight records, which amounts to about 20 hours of flying over about 8 countries.

2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fred F Posted at 10-14 05:46
Sorry guys, everything is fine, I just forgot to look at the max altitude parameter. It is a case of having two new things at the same time, a new smart phone and a new Mavic all at the same time, I still thought the settings were the same original ones.  My stupidity, with my experience, it shouldn't have happened.

And it was tried out in a hurry....anyway, it is all good now.

Hi, we're sorry to know the incident happen to your mobile device but we're glad that you already cleared up the issue that you are having right now with your flight height. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules