Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pixel 3 - 4GB file limit when recording to phone
4028 7 2019-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oishiimsg
lvl.1

The pixel 3 uses F2FS which has a 3.94 TB max file size. However when recording to the phone on an Osmo Mobile 3 using the MIMO app, video files are limited to 4gb and recording completely stops when this limit is reached. Why is there a 4gb limit for non FAT32 systems and is there a way to remove this?
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. For the Osmo Mobile 3, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB. Should you have any other inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_vtsaQoHX21xM
New

Germany

I have latest dji mimo, osmo mobile 3 and pixel 4 and after 4Gb it says "Recording ended. File size exceeds the limit.". It doesn't start a new file and continues recording automatically. Please fix this bug asap.
2020-1-16
Use props
fans26d365e9
New
United States

I have the same setup... Osmo Mobile 3 and Pixel 4XL. Was stopped at 16 minutes of a 35 minute presentation. Did you ever get an answer for this?
2020-2-10
Use props
djiuser_x7q9f1BFjH9x
New
United States

I'm also having the same problem on my S10. Instead of creating a new file it just stops recording completely.
2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_5e0gX2wJPQN9
New

South Africa

I have the same problem with my note 9. File size exceed limit, and new recordings did not start
2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_lShxPatPj5Z3
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-9 08:56
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. For the Osmo Mobile 3, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB. Should you have any other inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Hi. The problem is a new video recording is not started automatically. I have to press the record button again.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_lShxPatPj5Z3 Posted at 5-24 18:19
Hi. The problem is a new video recording is not started automatically. I have to press the record button again.

Can you please take a video showing the problem and send it to us for us to further isolate the issue? Thank you for your understanding.
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules