New Firmware
1253 7 2019-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Just updated took two minutes all working well so far .
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hallmark. Thanks for sharing your experience with the new update for the Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

Is there any info on what the update improves?  There seems to be no section for the Mobile 3 on the DJI downloads site.
[See my next post - pulled my finger out and answered my own question!]
2019-10-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

- Optimised performance after powering off by shortening the time taken to enter storage mode
- Optimised joystick control after switching to front camera
- Optimised performance when pressing the trigger 3 times to switch between front and back cameras
- Increased the endpoints of the pitch axes and added a reminder in the app before reaching the endpoints
- Optimised the joystick control speed
- Optimised performance when switching between follow mode and FPV mode
- Optimised performance when switching between upright mode and side grip mode
- Fixed some minor bugs

The most obvious improvement is that the pitch axis is now a bit wider, so you can tilt the handle roughly 60 degrees forward or back with the pitch locked, compared with about 45 degrees before (these are very rough estimates).  The warning pops up just before you reach the point where further handle movement will cause the phone to be moved, so you can avoid spoiling your shot by unexpected movement in the pitch axis.

Otherwise, it's a matter of subtle 'performance optimisations' which subjectively improve smooth functioning of the device and general responsiveness.  It seems to me that zoom is improved, but it's still a bit jerky - best used for shot framing rather than for live zooming.

2019-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice to hear!
2019-10-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Have you noticed any difference since updating?
2019-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 10-10 05:20
Have you noticed any difference since updating?

I’ve noticed zoom is a bit smother also up/axis has increased is much better, all round it seems to be optimized a bit like when you get your car serviced, so far so good .
2019-10-10
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for posting this. The zoom looks less jerky but still jerks. Overall performance is more refined as the updates suggest.  Android note 10+
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules