Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UFO caught on Phantom 3 Advanced
1737 13 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rufus
lvl.1
Norway

PLEASE NOTE: UFO does not mean Spaceships and aliens. UFO mean Unidentified Flying Object. If you say you don't believe in UFOs that means that you believe everything that has been seen in the skies has been identified. This is of course nonsensical.
-
My first day and second flight ever with a drone. Any ideas what this is at 0:10?
It moves approx 150 meters in 9 frames at 25fps, that's 0.36 seconds which gives an average speed of 1500 Km/h. Although it appears to accelerate.
I can't see a shadow for it but it doesn't seem to be close up or an insect.
It is in a total of 11 frames and first appears 20 meters beyond the raft.
https://vimeo.com/130430101

2015-6-11
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

As much as I believe in UFOs.. IMO I believe this is a bug.. But I could be wrong.
2015-6-11
Use props
Rufus
lvl.1
Norway

Victor7k Posted at 2015-6-11 21:19
As much as I believe in UFOs.. IMO I believe this is a bug.. But I could be wrong.

If you can see the original. You can really tell that it comes from behind the raft. I filmed a bug going through the rotor on the previous flight and it is completely different. I'm still open to anything but i'm not convinced that it is a close object. possibly a light aberration.
2015-6-11
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

First, anything travelling at 1,500 kph is going faster than the speed of sound.  You would have heard a sonic boom.

Second, I don't know how you can know the distance without binocular vision.

Putting together 1 and 2, you almost certainly have an artefact or a much closer bug.
2015-6-11
Use props
kudlaty
lvl.1

Poland

I'm sorry, but I have to disappoint you. It is an ordinary pollen, feather or just bug. It's flying very close to the camera (less than a meter), so it gives a false impression of high speed and big size. I encounter several "UFOs" during a single flight

Take a look here - three "UFO close encounters" during one flight (cut for convenience):
2015-6-11
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

This starts on the rear right of the boat. This is in fact a diver who came to surface and tried to shoot your drone. But he missed it because he was attacked by a shark. Your drone is well, everything is fine (appart for the diver).
2015-6-11
Use props
Rufus
lvl.1
Norway

msjh Posted at 2015-6-11 22:27
First, anything travelling at 1,500 kph is going faster than the speed of sound.  You would have hea ...

The raft was 150 meters from the beach where the drone was hovering. I'm aware of sonic booms. I'm not saying it is anything but looking at the better quality original it just seems so obviously not an insect. No proof, just saying what it looks like to me.
2015-6-11
Use props
Rufus
lvl.1
Norway

Ulysse Posted at 2015-6-12 01:45
This starts on the rear right of the boat. This is in fact a diver who came to surface and tried to  ...

I think one of the seagulls took out a rifle and had a go : )
2015-6-11
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Idk what it is, but I think it could be a bug... Or UFO. Perhaps it was a USO that came out of the water ;)
2015-6-11
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

This is going to fall into that category of what I call "scratching something that shouldn't itch".  In my early flights I too saw strange things streaking across the frame and have since discovered they range from boring terrestrial based things like birds to even spiders floating on their webs.  Don't pick at that scab and it will heal up just fine.
2015-6-13
Use props
Rufus
lvl.1
Norway

Yup. Probably just pollen. Or is that what they want you to think?      Dun Dun DAAAAHH!!   : )
2015-6-13
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

just maybe over usage of dope
2015-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Oh don't be silly.. Martians do excist, but they don't waste time following our little drones.
Probably one of those tourist UFO's from Niberu, doing another flyby in earths orbit.

They are friendly, so don't be afraid.

RedHotPoker

2015-6-13
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

My vote:

Bug
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced