Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Torchlight Mode] 'Lock Mode' Algorithm Error (+Video)
1817 6 2019-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>

Unfortunately, The Ronin SC has the same movement programming error as the Ronin S as I've outlined already in this thread in the RoninS section of the forum (amongst others):
[Lock Mode] Compromised when gimbal tilted (+new vid)

The difference is, that with the latest firmware 1.2.0.10, which allows for vertical camera orientation in torchlight mode, LOCK MODE works absolutely perfect, in contrary to a horizontal (normal) camera orientation.
This is very annoying, as it would be great to use the SC on a gimbal for 'slideresque' or 'jib crane style'moves.

It makes a lot of sense to be able to have full PAN lock in torchlight, where you would shoot mid body height, with the gimbal bottom supported by the own body, camera facing forward, for sideways, upwards or diagonal camera movement.
Same, if you mounted the gimbal on a monopod, for longer moves.
All these shooting conditions are currently not properly possible / compromized.

Please see the video for better understanding:

2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_MZw8IjBcqZzb
lvl.4

What you want can't be done,there is no horizontal pivot point in the torchlight mode as far as I can see unless as you show the camera is in vertical mode.
2019-10-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Maybe it has something to do with clearance between the arms and the body? (not in your case, but with other camera's)
Since you get more clearance from the arms in vertical mode.

From memory, this is the same with the Osmo Mobile.
2019-10-10
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>

just to clarify, I'm not asking the full +/-90 degrees, I know that this is not possible, but at least +/-30 should be or something like that!
2019-10-10
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>

Please have a look at this video:
It clearly demonstrates that the RoninSC is capable of angles approx +/-30 degrees min when in torchlight mode, but only through the use of the controller.
2019-10-11
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Confirming this issue is still present FW 1.2.0.10
2019-10-24
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4