1363 8 2019-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>

Dear Forum,

In early September DJI updated the firmware version and one of the improvements were better smooth waypoints.

I started following the progress of a construction on April and I can say before the firmware upgrade the footage was shaky and not as "cinematic" as I wanted. However, as you can see in the video I am sharing, the benefits are way better than before. In the minute 02:28 I am showing five videos in the same sequence, the one in the middle was made after the firmware upgrade.

For the record, the first 2,5 minutes are the showing the same flight mission showing the contrast starting on April, the May, July, August and October. The minute 4:50 is just showing the last video in the entire screen.

If you have not using Waypoints, I encourage you to do so. The possibilities are huge to achieve cinematic footage such as ascending, while moving and keeping focus on a waypoint. Also should be possible set a curved trajectory.

Have all a safe flight,

Best,
VIDJCB

2019-10-10
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

There are several postings here that clearly show that wp 2.0 was and still is far away from beeing perfect, and even hints, that there is a better choice.
2019-10-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Vidjcb. We really appreciate you for sharing this experience of yours about the waypoints 2.0 that was fixed by the latest firmware. Also, the video you have shared was amazing. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-10-10
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>

DrohneSG Posted at 10-10 06:32
There are several postings here that clearly show that wp 2.0 was and still is far away from beeing perfect, and even hints, that there is a better choice.

It's true. Moreover, it's a real challenge achieve the same footage and flight over and over. Hopefully they will continue improving it.

Thanks for commenting.

V
2019-10-10
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-10 08:19
Hi, Vidjcb. We really appreciate you for sharing this experience of yours about the waypoints 2.0 that was fixed by the latest firmware. Also, the video you have shared was amazing. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

Hi, DJI Gamora,

I really appreciate your short words!

Best,

V
2019-10-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Vidjcb Posted at 10-10 09:25
Hi, DJI Gamora,

I really appreciate your short words!

You are always welcome Vidjcb. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-12
Use props
djiuser_gG5rY2yZq7TB
New
United States

Is it possible to import your flight record into waypoints..and create a waypoint flight?
2019-11-3
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gG5rY2yZq7TB Posted at 11-3 17:00
Is it possible to import your flight record into waypoints..and create a waypoint flight?

Sadly not. You should sort of, use two devices to see your previous flight and at the same time set up new waypoints to, at least, have the flight path.
2019-11-4
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gG5rY2yZq7TB Posted at 11-3 17:00

Sadly not. You should sort of, use two devices to see your previous flight and at the same time set up new waypoints to, at least, have the flight path.
2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules