DJI coming up with better (aerial) tracking soon?
1335 5 2019-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>

I posted a while back about the Skydio R1's tracking abilities and wanted to know then if DJI would have an answer anytime soon. DJI did not. I didn't invest in the R1 at the time because the video quality didn't seem too great and the price tag (at around $2500 at launch) was more than I was willing to invest. But, the next generation from that manufacturer promises even better performance/features, better video quality, and a very competitive price tag ($999). It won't launch for at least another 6 months though. I am very much a DJI fan (I've bought 6 or 7 DJI drones and 5 DJI gimbals) and I would like my next drone to be a DJI product. However, my primary want/need for a drone at this point is for autonomous tracking. Can someone at DJI leak some info about any tracking advances in development? I'll pass on the Skydio next year if DJI has something competitive (FOR TRACKING) coming.

2019-10-10
Use props
iMovie-kaka
lvl.1

https://drone-deals.com/1334347397.html It seems new drone is comming?
2019-10-11
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>

DJI will definitely have some competition with that soon-to-be released S2. Who knows maybe DJI is scrambling to release their new drone (whatever that may be) is on the scene. Already preordered the S2 and waiting for shipment sometime probably Spring 2020.

In the meantime, if DJI releases a new drone (about time if true) then I might add that one to my fleet. IMHO, I'm getting tired of seeing releases of these Osmo's - don't use 'em.
2019-10-11
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>

iMovie-kaka Posted at 10-11 01:35
https://drone-deals.com/1334347397.html It seems new drone is comming?

If the new drone can compete with the Skydio 2 for tracking (with or without a beacon) then I'm sold (as long as it doesn't cost $3k or more).
2019-10-14
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft

Moni Johnson Posted at 10-14 16:59
If the new drone can compete with the Skydio 2 for tracking (with or without a beacon) then I'm sold (as long as it doesn't cost $3k or more).

I like that... as long as it's not #k or $3k or more.  Because you know it will be more. haha
2019-10-14
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mr Sepo Posted at 10-14 17:41
I like that... as long as it's not #k or $3k or more.  Because you know it will be more. haha

Man, I seriously hope it's not. They have brought each previous generation of the Mavic series in at a nice (for me) price point. And I've also owned more expensive Phantoms. Almost bought the Inspire 2. A Mavic at even half that price though- heck no.
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules