Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazon Drone Deliveries
752 6 2019-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

How are any possible Amazon Drone deliveries going to fit in to regulatory requirements of different countries.

Will they likely get the necessary permissions denied to all current users?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dezeen.com/2019/06/06/amazon-prime-air-drone-news/amp/

2019-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this article with us. Great find!
2019-10-12
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

If this ever gets off the ground, literally and they get some regulatory special permissions/dispensations (which they would need) it likely would also mean further restrictions for us ... .

One will pay a lot of money, the others dont. I think the likely result is pretty obvious.
2019-10-12
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14196 ft

On the positive side, it could open the door for us, as people would get used to the concept of drones around.

I agree it's most likely that rich companies will be given all manner of permissions to do the exact same things we've been told are terribly, terribly unsafe...
2019-10-13
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Captain
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

I suppose that it will all depend on the onboard hard/software, and avoidance and detection systems so once all air users have it then let the games begin. All hobbyists will be relegated to designated areas unless of course you sold your soul for a piece of paper and a big tick to say that I jest. Who's land and air space is it anyway?  
2019-10-13
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Captain
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

Also who is doing all the flying for all these deliveries.
2019-10-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

I put a thread up on this topic
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D621%26typeid%3D621

Individual and corporate entities can apply for a Part 135 certification, which is what is needed to conduct these types of operations with a sUAS.  I contacted my local FAA office and they stated that anyone (at least for now) can go for the Part 135, though it is much more scrutinizing than the Part 107.  Basically, only go for that certification if you know you are definitely going to use it commercially for delivery/courier services.

It sounds nice for now, though the airspace will most likely be more restricted for government and corporate entities.
2019-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules